It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The Earth is not alive.

Oh really?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You can post some link to a wingnut site, but the Earth is not alive. It does not have the properties of a living object. That nitwit site you linked to proposes a theory as in a dubious, fanciful guess.

No where does that link show that Earth is alive.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It is alive, Indra and Jesus said so.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You can post some link to a wingnut site, but the Earth is not alive. It does not have the properties of a living object. That nitwit site you linked to proposes a theory as in a dubious, fanciful guess.

No where does that link show that Earth is alive.

I thought that link might get the point across, but clearly, it didn't.

Do you have any idea how much bacteria is in every square inch of dirty? How many trees are infested with dozens of microcosms that rely on another to live? There's an organism, its mass equivalent to an adult blue whale, that grows out of the earth. It's a mushroom. A MUSHROOM. Or a very large network of mushrooms, to be exact. And these mushrooms play host to other miniature ecosystems, chains of organic life that feeds in giant circle, benefiting an entire community that lives inside the very earth.

We wonder if we're alone in this universe...we're not. We have plenty of company, right here with us.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I thought that link might get the point across, but clearly, it didn't.

Do you have any idea how much bacteria is in every square inch of dirty? How many trees are infested with dozens of microcosms that rely on another to live? There's an organism, its mass equivalent to an adult blue whale, that grows out of the earth. It's a mushroom. A MUSHROOM. Or a very large network of mushrooms, to be exact. And these mushrooms play host to other miniature ecosystems, chains of organic life that feeds in giant circle, benefiting an entire community that lives inside the very earth.

We wonder if we're alone in this universe...we're not. We have plenty of company, right here with us.

Again, nothing you state shows that the Earth is alive. It's not.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Again, nothing you state shows that the Earth is alive. It's not.

How often have you given that line to a biologist? What was their reaction? Hilarity? Life exists in places that would surprise you. Anyone who has focused the minute and delicate interactions of life on the smallest level in the most unlikely of locations will understand just how pervading life actually is. The earth might not technically be alive, but it is certainly home to thousands and thousands more species than just ours, and many of them have been around much longer than us. Yet we, as a powerful teenager race, have decided we don't care. We'll do what we want, regardless of who or what we hurt.

And like this little girl says - if you can't fix it, don't break it!

Don't just skip the video, please watch it. I'm not posting it for my health, I'm posting it because it's very relevant.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The earth might not technically be alive

You can't admit 2012 s a failure and now you can't admit outright that the Earth is not alive. It is not.

I can assure you that I know more about the variety of life that lives on Earth than you. Your errors show that to be the case.

There is a huge difference between life and the substrate on which it lives. A plant in a pot does not make the pot alive.

PS. I didn't waste time watching the irrelevant video.
edit on 7-1-2013 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You can't admit 2012 s a failure and now you can't admit outright that the Earth is not alive. It is not.

2012 wasn't a failure. Do you know how many children were born, how many weddings, engagements, graduations, promotions, vacations, retirements, holidays, dances, kisses, and laughs happened? Lots. Lots and lots. The world may be dark and grim, but people are still managing to find the occasional ray of sunshine. But if the human species doesn't change its ways, those rays will be choked off. The only reason nothing happened is because you, me, and everyone here failed to make something happen.

I can assure you that I know more about the variety of life that lives on Earth than you. Your errors show that to be the case.

That doesn't seem to be the case at all.

There is a huge difference between life and the substrate on which it lives. A plant in a pot does not make the pot alive.

No, but you keep dumping Windex in that pot and the plant will die.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

2012 wasn't a failure. Do you know how many children were born, how many weddings, engagements, graduations, promotions, vacations, retirements, holidays, dances, kisses, and laughs happened? Lots. Lots and lots. The world may be dark and grim, but people are still managing to find the occasional ray of sunshine. But if the human species doesn't change its ways, those rays will be choked off. The only reason nothing happened is because you, me, and everyone here failed to make something happen.

Another irrelevant comment.

The 2012 claims were all failures. 100% failures.

That doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Oh really? Well, tell me the name of the shortest lived phylum.

No, but you keep dumping Windex in that pot and the plant will die.

Your comment is irrational. The plant dies, the pot was never alive.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Are we arguing about the fact that 2012 didn't bring any catastrophes, or the necessity for change?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Are we arguing about the fact that 2012 didn't bring any catastrophes, or the necessity for change?

Good question.

I am arguing that 2012, the purpose of this forum, never happened. All of the claims were failures. This thread addresses those that believed in the claims made for 2012 that never happened.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Your a tough nut to crack stereologist, that's why you always make such a good opponent.

Something happened in 2012 that was completely different from any year before that. What was it? Whatever it was, marked the beginning of what is still to come.

Whatever it was, is similar to someone throwing a snow ball from the top of a steep snow covered mountain, and an avalanche will follow.

I'll give you a clue... it didn't happen in the western part of the world. Unfortunately, you would have to be damn near a mind reader to figure it out. But.... if you did figure it out, you would, or will realize that it was the start of the Awakening, the Golden Age.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I posted earlier and I am not going to engage in a close minded discussion regarding this. I thought to just create my own post to speak of the difference between offical truth (ancients were simply hunter/gatherers), crazies truth (end of the world) and reality (we live in a cyclic universe which ebbs and flows yet can be predicted).

That said, any post right now will simply get derailed by people who think that it can only be official or crazy and therefore I won't waste my time. But if someone has a genuine curiosity and would like to U2U me I'd be more than happy to share!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thanks for posting. I've watched that speech many times. She may have been scripted by her mom. Her dad is David Suzuki, and between him and her mom - top geneticists in the world at the time. Then false environmentalism occupied David. Not sure what to make of the Suzukis. Severn is in Canada, and I saw a video where she stressed the "buy local" and in particular grow your own food. That made me concerned about our food supply.

I'm not sure with this OP and others what is going on. A conspiracy theory can't be one without proof? If you have evidence and not complete proof, it is a theory worthy of discourse. So it seems as though the OP is thinking in black and white. Did your conspiracy come true or not. I'm in the grey area, I like to listen, learn, contribute, and evaluate and entertain possibilities. I didn't think the world was going to end in 2012, or aliens would show up. There is no denying that the last few years would make anyone ask questions.

Then there are the people that say "you can't ask," "you don't have proof," "it's insensitive," "it's not good for the children."

It's those people that drove me to ATS in the first place. This ain't no Facebook.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This my first post since joining ATS just a few moments ago. To me the 21st of December 2012 marked the Alpha and the Omega of our times, the First and the Last and I use capitals to emphasise their eminence.
We have all experienced 25 years of accelerating energy which reached its peak on the date in question. Now, that energy is in decline and it isn't just going to happen overnight. What I'm contending is that we have 'peaked' and whilst we might all ride the top of the wave for a while the trough is our future. What that will mean for us all is impossible to forecast but we can be sure of one thing, it is a down-hill ride.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Your riddle is the sort of silly introduction one of the 2012 hoaxers used. Sorry, but your fairy tale has run out of steam.

2012 was a simple plan to separate the gullible from their cash. It did. How much did you pass on the hoaxers of 2012?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

and reality (we live in a cyclic universe which ebbs and flows yet can be predicted).

Do you have any evidence for this or are you an old fart steady state universe hanger on?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

You claim there was 25 years of some sort of energy. How would someone know that happened?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
25 years? Why not 45? It is the entirely arbitrary nature of this madness that keeps this bolderdash alive. Let me create my own:

October 31, 2013/ 31.10.13

This is a sacred date. Added up it is 55. The double 5 represents the doubling of conciousness based on the source, the tenth month, 10 being source of perfection (having 5+5 within). 31 has its mirror image in 13, showing that the 12 signs of the zodiac plus the galactic center are looking within: this creates the 55.

Many cultures knew this. Indeed, Haloween comes from an ancient sense of sacredness where the boundaries are less than paper thin. It is when this viel is broken that counciousness awakens.

This process has been going on for quite a while but on a level where few could detect. Something great will happen, so magnificent it will also be undetected. Even after the future date, change will continue though with heightened awareness. One should look to data on earthquakes, volcanic activity, comets, kangaroo populations to see this change.
Of course some might claim fluctuation in natural activity is normal, but the enlightened know better. We know so much, we do not even need to learn anything new. Gaya, Mother Earth, will upload all we need to know to grow into our brain by secreting her knowledge-filled astral milk into our crown chakra whilst we sleep. We will wake, as we do now, having even less need to explain ourselves to thos who dare question us.
edit on 8-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Might i add that the enormous amount of videos and websites all claiming to have prove of NASA and the all mysterious "them" having this knowledge of an event to come. Most of them were so serious, i even managed to come across a pdf file that was over 20 pages long describing how the world "as we know it" would end either on 12/21/12 or 12/23/12 and lets not forget the last minute attempt of 3 days darkness. i know i will never buy into anything ever again.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join