It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrites of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have recently seen quite a few threads started with people having done, in the past 13 years, or recently, stupid things. Yet, it is always followed by those that are saints that "have never committed any sort of crime defined by law".
Those that have never had more than two drinks and drove home.
Those that have never been intoxicated in public.
[SNIP]
Those that never threatened anyone, nor assaulted anyone for whatever reason.
[SNIP]
Basically, the only people that post on ATS are saints that would NEVER do anything wrong.

For those of you who have broken the law and did not get caught, how are you any different than those of us that did break the law and DID get caught?

You look down your keyboard at everyone, but fail to remember the things that you have done. You take a "holier than thou" stance, but forget when you did the same thing years ago. You forget of the prank that went to far when you were younger that may have ended you in a different path if found out, but dismiss those that ended up in the same path that you were headed.

At this point every single person that has read this can think of some way that they have gotten away from some laws they have broken, and I hope they take a moment to think of how their life would be different now due to it. You may look back and say, "well I was a 'kid' then and I have learned so much in the mean time". That does not change what happened?

How are you any different than any of the others that post the stupid things they have done? If they have lived and learned from it, how are they different than you?

I, for one, have done some stupid thing when I was younger, but I would not be the MAN I am today if I hadn't learned from my mistakes.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Excellent rant.

S&F for you.

I couldn't agree any more or have said what you said any better.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
Those that have never had more than two drinks and drove home.

Done it

Those that have never been intoxicated in public.

Done it

[SNIP]

Those that never threatened anyone, nor assaulted anyone for whatever reason.

Guilty as charged

[SNIP]

Basically, the only people that post on ATS are saints that would NEVER do anything wrong.

Now do you have any other questions? Or am I to innocent for you?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think i've done every single one of those things. And most of them within the past week.. lol.

Although I don't drink.

Thing is, even after doing all of those things, it's actually the main reason i'm such a good person now.

I have moral limits that I learned along the way.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Same here but the only difference now is I don't use illegal substances and I don't drink. The rest have been just acts of stupidity on my behalf. The Music and Video one I couldn't care about...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There are those of us who refuse to stoop to your level............so..........
Whats your point?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

I have not done any of those things you have pointed out except "[SNIP]

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

I, for one, have done some stupid thing when I was younger, but I would not be the MAN I am today if I hadn't learned from my mistakes.
edit on 1-1-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

Many, many people have done foolish things in their past; and have grown away from those mistakes; chosen to live their lives differently; forgiven themselves and others; and have moved on and become a better person.

I am glad that you are one of those people.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
When I look back on my late teens, I sometimes shudder at he stupid things I did. Things I just wouldn't imagine doing now, so I try not to judge anyone too harshly.

But there are some really holier than thou people on ats, the ones who have never eaten a gmo product or drunk any fluoridated water or dont have wifi or don't watch tv.

We all have our faults and we all have our vices.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Whose looking down on anyone ? I don't see anyone looking down on anyone.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I have said it before and i will say it again: every person here on ATS is hypocritical at some point. We try not to be but we are simply human, so it is inevitable. Heck, i have even been hypocritical in the same thread before! (i try to recognise and acknowledge when it happens).

Anyone who believes or says otherwise is not being honest, either with themselves or with the rest of us.

As to stupidity, same as above.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

how are they different than you?

We didn't get caught?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I don't understand your rant. Has anyone been bashing you?

Honestly, I'd rather chat with people that have made HUGE mistakes, than to suffer the trivial ramblings of a person too afraid of their own shadow to risk taking chances in life. All it takes is reading one paragraph and you can tell which kind of person this is.

If someone's goal is to be a good little boy or good little girl throughout their lives, then that's exactly what they'll become.

top topics

join