It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Documents Reveal Occupy Crackdowns WERE Coordinated, Assassinations Considered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Sorry! LOL

reply to post by Quauhtli

How was all this info used to squash the movement?

The movement hasn't been squashed, just the camps. Oh and the 1st amendment...

Or how is it being used now to blacklist the leaders of the movement from gaining the momentum they need to make further change?

There are no leaders to blacklist, that is largely why the attempted subversion has failed and the main reason Occupy is deliberately leaderless (that and power corrupts).

I would really like to see this info put into another thread right along side with all of the evidence that showed the grooming and manipulation of the movement by the gov't.

There are numerous threads on such an idea, but that idea was fostered by misinformation delivered by corporate media and slime ball yellow journalists/bloggers.

I tend to think that the occupy movement furthered the divide between Americans as well as some other people's around the world.

The movement was born out of the already existing divide. It is a reaction not a cause.

This line of thinking leads me to entertain the idea that occupy was nurtured in some ways.

By whom?

But I also think that it came dangerously close to uniting those on both sides of this divide, towards the end.

It still has that potential... there was no end.

This may be why the movement almost disappeared overnight.

From camps yes, thanks to our Corporate sponsored government. The documents in the OP clearly show a coordination between elected officials, the FBI and the private financial sector.

edit on 1-1-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Most everyone here has heard of Continuity of Government plans:
Most believe it is to be used in the event of some catastrophic beheading of our government and to provide means and ways of re-establishing the government in the event such an act happens. Nothing wrong with that and actually shows foresight in a "what if" scenario.

The problem arises when some agency or people therein believe a threat to their (government) way of life is upon them. Does not matter if it is an individual or a group of individuals that threatens the status quo; they, the government, will use all means necessary to stop the threat in measured steps. Key words "Measured Steps".

If OWS had been more successful and would have gotten more traction (impossible with all the MSN demonetization) then no doubt the means and ways to fight this new threat would have been stepped up.

Some of the stuff I saw on youtube made me cringe at the actions of some of the players. The guy shot in the head at close range by the rubber bullet (gas canister?) and suffered a concussion comes to mind....
Yes tempers were running pegged out and suppers were being missed by many in law enforcement; but the shooting was a deliberate act IMO. You do not need a high powered sniper rifle or pistol to remove a threat.

How many people were taesored to death this last year by multiple taesor shots by some LEO (s) who thought they were judge, jury, and executioner all rolled into one. Judge Dredd might work in the movies but it ain't supposed to work that way in real life IMO.

It always gets me when I see a crowd of 1000s going against as few as 100 police just stand there while one of their fellow protesters gets the crap beat out of them and dragged off. Jews did that once upon a time.. All it takes is 4 on one and then you have the pepper spray, shield, and weapons they brought to the fight. But then everything has gone from a peaceful protest to a blood bath. The protesters might win the opening stages of the fight but it will get rather nasty after that. Choose your battles wisely.

Peaceful protest; keep it peaceful; they want us to start something etc etc. beware the provocateur, which I agree with totally until the other-side starts breaking the rules of a nice friendly gathering. Then it gets serious real quick..Turn the other cheek once if you have to, then take their head off if they do not want to play nice..But that is why I could never go to that type of protest, I can't stand by and watch someone in the fetal position being kicked and beat by 3 (or more) guys; not an appropriate use of force to stop a threat, just punishment..

Mind set on either side with both parties of a conflict thinking they are right in their actions justify (in their mind) the actions regardless of how heinous said act is.

Personally I have been the enforcer long long ago and swore I would never put myself into a situation of doing someone Else's dirty work again. Now having said that, I don't personally know any roided out cops..all the ones I know I would come to their aid in a heart beat if they were doing their job and were blind sided by a couple of IMO bad guys.

So instead of a rather rambling narrative let me condense it down to. Any governments first priority is to stay in power regardless of causalities, by hook or crook if necessary. I am surprised there are those who are surprised about reading there were plans on the chalk board to take out the leaders if the need arose. Intimidate, Infiltrate, Exterminate was written long ago. It works.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Haven't read through the entire thread, but is it possible that the FBI was tracking someone else who was plotting assassinations?

Not saying our government isn't capable of all kinds of stuff, but it seems kind of weird to me that they would admit to it a year later.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
your government and law enforcement have turned on your countrymen long long time ago .

Your government and law enforcement have turned on your countrymen too. A couple of months ago it became illegal in Alberta to purchase a bullet proof vest. There is only one reason for that. Your government wants to be able to shoot you. It does not want a populace that can defend themselves against tyranny. And it's going to get worse. There are places in the UK where you cannot be in possession of a knife, even to go camping. There is no limit to the control a government can gain over the people, even in a "democracy".

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Okay, maybe the movement hasn't been squashed completely, but the momentum surely has. Of course there were leaders, maybe they were trying to convey that the movement was designed in a community effort, but there were some that put in the effort to guide the movement along as well as hold it together towards a common goal. It is these individuals that were targeted by the efforts of elected officials, FBI and private sector. My question was aimed at how these individuals are or were being manipulated by TPTB.

I don't see your point in saying that corporate media and slime ball yellow journalists/bloggers would try and steer misinformation about underlying motives towards feeding the occupy movement. Please expand on that thought. Are you saying that there is no truth in the idea that occupy was groomed? Was there no direct involvement, even under the table for political reasons by some who sit in high positions?

When I referred to the divide between americans, I guess I meant the divide that exists between beliefs in terms of politics, not in the 99% vs 1%. Occupy was born from the % divide, but the movement further opened the divide that exists between political views for arguments sake. We are if anything worse off now than we were before. It is here where I see the benefit to corporate america, and it is here where I think that nurturing the movement might have stimulated just the right environment that these same corporations need to be able to work freely under the wire. It's a divide and conquer thing. By stimulating the divide between politics, these businesses have more time and ability because the regulating agencies are left castrated by their inability to work effectively. The fiscal cliff is a prime example of our dividedness.

The occupy movement is not even on the radar these days, most of the news I have heard in recent months pales in comparison to last year. I believe that it has ended, at least for the time being.

I guess what I am getting at is that I feel there is a closed loop of manipulation here, where certain elements guided and nurtured the whole process. Where they had ready the measures needed to stop the occupy movement before it got out of hand, and wasn't effective any more towards their agenda. I would like to see the evidence from all sides put together in one place, and used as a measure towards finding the true conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I read your post and read the links. I even went through the redacted FBI documents for whatever that was worth. I was not disturbed by the FBI warning the banking industry of a possible threat. On the surface, that is their job. Granted, you or I will most likely never receive a visit from the FBI no matter how much danger we are in but that is another story.

The take away which bothered me the most was the established partnership between law enforcement and the banking industry. You do not even all the words to see it. The "Bank Fraud Working Group" seems to be anything but. Instead of looking for fraud, they seem to be the security arm of these banks. Why even bother looking for fraud when the industry can pretty much write the laws which govern themselves? Instead the FBI would appear to be protecting them from someone pissed off about the fraud.

I did not find the part about targeted assassinations but I probably just missed it in 112 pages. If this is accurate, the BFWG needs a new name. How about the Banking Fraud Assistance Group?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Forgive me for saying so...but I have to wonder how many here who seem to 'know' so much about what Occupy was and was not, actually lived in an Occupy camp? If so..Which one? Heck, I'll start the show... I was at STL.... Where was everyone else?

Vancouver BC. it was amature night at the apolo. A bunch of kids that thought cheering with their wrists twitching in the air was a good substitute for our current Democracy. I was embarrassed so i left. Law enforcent were not engaged. they just watched and laughed while a bunch of grubby looking college kids pretended that adults were no longer supervising. Then eventually they got hungry and went home. i guess they had no plan to feed themselves. at least no plan bogger than relying on fruits of capitalism to keep them nurished.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I didnt realize that we had any "00" agents in the FBI (00 = "License to Kill").

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The FBI actually got it right,

OWS was a seditious movement, perpetrated by enemies of a nation at a time of war. So what's the big deal here? Enemy combatants have always been fair game. Don't want to be a target? Don't act on behalf of the enemy, simple age old concept played out during every war that ever occurred. Nothing new under the sun here.

War on Terror, the war is still ongoing.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
People just dont seem to get that its over. The people lost.

You will never trump terrorism with the right to free speach

You will never trump rooms of dead kids with the right to bear arms

You will never trump capitalism with protest.

You never faught when it mattered and now there is no fight to be had.

You use free spreach to talk about guns you will never use except for target practice and robbing liquor stores

You are all affraid and thats why you will never do anything but type you complaints on the internet, till that too is no longer allowed. And at that point you will humbly comply because you are too scared to do anything about it.

Are you waiting for mommy and daddy to come and discipline the government for you cause you dont have the spine?

I wish the government would finally round up you gun totting fanatics before you shake to much from fear and your gun goes off hurting someone.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
People just dont seem to get that its over. The people lost.

You will never trump terrorism with the right to free speach

You will never trump rooms of dead kids with the right to bear arms

You will never trump capitalism with protest.

You never faught when it mattered and now there is no fight to be had.

You use free spreach to talk about guns you will never use except for target practice and robbing liquor stores

You are all affraid and thats why you will never do anything but type you complaints on the internet, till that too is no longer allowed. And at that point you will humbly comply because you are too scared to do anything about it.

Are you waiting for mommy and daddy to come and discipline the government for you cause you dont have the spine?

I wish the government would finally round up you gun totting fanatics before you shake to much from fear and your gun goes off hurting someone.

I had to read all that garbage for you just to state in the end that you are a gun grabber?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Only in America would that be an insult. You should see this from the globes perspective.

Its like Grandpa said that Grandkids can play with guns. Parents know its a bad idea but under pressure to respect their elders they go along knowing full well that the practice is out of date and dangerous.

The constitution was written 240 years ago! Think maybe its time to revisit some ammendments. You cant keep hold your anscestors glory to YOUR chest like YOU did something to deserve it. That constitution was made in another time by better men than YOU

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Yes! it is domestic terrorism, at least in my books. disrupting the financial system could harm a lot of people. A large number don't have enough groceries to last a few days, forget a few months:

If that were true, then the financial terrorists on Wall Street and the Wall Street politicians in the government have done more not only domestically, but globally than anything OWS could hope for. Their crimes should be tried at the world level in an open international court.

If you want to change the system, you have to work from within it. It will be attacked politically and through the media for sure but it can be done.

You mean like how the Wall Street Terrorists and Multi Corps change the system, but buying politicians, or simply going into politics to help their industry out?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It amazes me with this evidence and so much other evidence out there of the US leaderships snubbing of their nose at their own populace that things haven't went haywire already.

It's just nuts. Most of the world used to look to the USA as an example of true freedom. Now I see the world wondering what freedom is again.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The FBI actually got it right,

OWS was a seditious movement, perpetrated by enemies of a nation at a time of war. So what's the big deal here? Enemy combatants have always been fair game. Don't want to be a target? Don't act on behalf of the enemy, simple age old concept played out during every war that ever occurred. Nothing new under the sun here.

War on Terror, the war is still ongoing.

These were protestors, don't mix them up with the internet version which is far different and easily differentiated by a 12 year old. Also, while they did cause some damage it wasn't any sort of army creating a coup, or any kind of political movement with any power to create change.

Just a bunch of unhappy protesters the police could handle easily.
The FBI was overkill and the fact they released this information proves how benign the movement was and how unimportant the information was after it was all said and done.

They wasted their time because all their assumptions proved false. Also they dealt with Wall Street and Corporations but it's the people who make them possible. Seems they are working against the people with that move and for you to side with them makes me wonder if your employed by them as well.
edit on 1-1-2013 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Proposed assassinations of US citizens inside the US were being seriously considered?
I don't even have words for how I feel, and what the implications for this are.....
edit on 12/31/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

And there are people out there right now that think disarming the public is a good idea because our government would never turn on us? This right here in black and white is proof that disarming the public is a bad idea. You are just scum that they scrape from their boot heel and have no regard for your existence. The fact that they even considered it, is as good as going through with it in my book.

edit on 12/31/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

And a star for your comment for sure! The part of this that infuriates
me is there's absolutely NO pretext of the national security interest
on this one-- it's just plain big business and the bankers greasing their
skids with the poor people. No matter what your politics for or against
OWS, consider that you could get picked off while off camera. Joy.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

He's an American, I'm an American. I'm not a citizen of the world and all that other new age, one world bullcrap.
The Constitution is the supreme law. It's the government. It doesn't make any difference how old it is.
The truth does not change no matter how many years go by.
If you're an American you either believe in freedom or you're a traitor. If you wish to silence people, you are an enemy of freedom.

Freedom is letting others be free to believe, say and live how they want so long as they don't harm others or the property of another. You can't let people have the freedom of speech so long as it doesn't bother you.

If you try to stop others from being free, you stop yourself and everyone else. The way you talk is really stupid.
edit on 1-1-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's curious no one has mentioned this yet. But the document made references to having spied on internet discussions. Isn't that pretty much hard documented proof that there are in fact government trolls / shills lurking about online communities? When I read something like this, it doesn't seem so hard to believe that government trolls could be lurking around ATS as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

I wouldn't be surprised. FirstCasualty seems like one.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So quick question... OBama himself and SEVERAL U.S. politicians, mostly the left/democrats were rallying with the protestors and siding with them to the point that even democrat politicians were going on marches with the OWS protesters...

The FBI wouldn't move a finger when the sitting U.S. President, and administration is in fact SIDING with the OWS movement... So what exactly does that tell you about all this?...

i see a CLEAR false flag on this...
edit on 1-1-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join