It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian editorial urging Americans not to give up their Second Amendment rights.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
A Russian blogger (also published in the Pravda newspaper) urges Americans to not cave in to the beguiling progressive left who want to strip the Second Amendment from law abiding Americans. He recounts how Russia had a well armed populace under the Tsar but after the Revolution the population was disarmed. In fact, he relates, thousands of gun owners were told to report to register themselves and their guns and when they did they were shot. It is an article well worth reading.

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
People just don’t seem to think that this dictatorship type stuff can happen in the West in this day and age... Why couldn’t it? It will only happen if we allow it, and right now we are. German people had no idea what they were in for with Hitler. It happened over a number of years, as I’m sure that’s how most tyrants come into power. These next few years will be interesting to see what happens. It’ll take someone or something extraordinary to arrest what’s currently happening.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
People just don’t seem to think that this dictatorship type stuff can happen in the West in this day and age...
It happened over a number of years,

It Started November 22 1963.
So they already had a Head Start.

"Magic Bullet" lol, makes me laugh whenever I say it.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The JFK assassination was probably the start of the 3rd Qtr (to use a football analogy). The kickoff was the creation of the Federal Reserve; 2nd Qtr the creation of the United Nations....and the 4th Qtr started on 9/11/2001.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
A Russian blogger (also published in the Pravda newspaper)...

Stop right there. I doubt, with every inch of my being, that what you posted was ever posted in the pro-communist paper Pravda. So don't go trying to pass this off as some sort of pro-gun, pro-communist point of view.

Second;

Russia was one of the most heavily armed societies on earth. This was, of course, when we were free under the Tsar.

Free under the Tsar?! Free under...are you kidding me? Russia didn't even have a constitution until the 1905 revolution, it certainly didn't guarantee any right to bear arms (most modern constitutions don't). The Tsar restricted the ownership of firearms in 1906, he was ultimately overthrown in 1917 because the Russians weren't free!

While Pravda on-line seems like a great way to push your ideology, it's just as biased as Breitbart and WND. It's a total farce and you should do well to not believe anything you read from it. Ever.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

The author of the blog/article mentioned that guns were a part of the culture under the Tsar. But of course, he did imply that the bullet loops on the clothing was that of the Cossacks. Russia is a big country and it would be hard to control guns back then....at least until the Reds made it their business to disarm the population.

new topics

top topics

join