It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013: Government to tax as much as 52% of your Income.. for what?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I looked at the taxes for 2013 and I'm blown away at how much of our personal income is taken away. Is USA that innefficient?

Where does all this money go? I'd like to think that my time and sweat goes toward a reasonable or good cause, such as providing public services like clean, unadulterated water to drink and air to breath, relatively safe schools and streets, well protected borders that prevent millions from living, reproducing here tax-free and hogging up public assistance, and effective checks & balances that prevent corruption, schemes, laundering, nuclear stockpiling, and human trafficking. That budgets and prevents large government deficits, that protects the environment, ocean, and ensures world peace as opposed to ongoing bloodshed and war. That keeps its citizens, healthy, fit and active and prevents exploitation of animals & livestock.

I googled for some sort of breakdown on where tax dollars go, but to no avail. Anyone knows?

www.ijreview.com...

edit on 29-12-2012 by minnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The best part is that people will continue to think that if someone else is president they're gonna help us out, LOL! America must be full of retards if they can't realize that electing these officials doesn't do jack # except ruin our country more and more.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Now, actually, they already are taxing us that much.....and that's just not right.
also, they hide that fact. they threw a tea party for that in the old days...

and so what is double taxation.....a legal and applicable defintion. should we pay taxes when we get the weekly or so paycheck....and state sales tax, too!??

edit on 29-12-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

This won't happen. Our economy will collapse before people are expected to pay that much. Especially since that money was never nor will ever be spent in a way to benefit the American people. It will go to some third world country that the American people could careless about. We all have problems, but why should I (and my people) work our butts off and pay mine/our taxes so that money will be spent on someone else.

THEY USED THE MONEY, LET THEM REPAY THE DEBT! I'll leave the US before I pay for their lunch... Or find a better accountant so I only have to pay 13% like Romney.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure how you figure 52%, however, in response to your other question about where your tax dollars go there's this, from the White House.

Without getting too involved in my numbers; I was taxed at 12.5% federal (OASDI, income, medicare) and 3.3% state. This adds to a whopping 15.8% total tax rate. Depending on what I get back this spring I'll be able to tell what my effective rate was.

I seriously doubt anyone is getting hit for anything above 30% in this country.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is the United States of America...we fought to break away from England and all of the taxes, but here we are being taxed just like the british.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I decided to run my numbers thru too. Without giving too many details, I paid 19.25% to federal and 5.7% to state.
So my effective tax rate was 24.95%. You're getting off easy!

On topic, yeah this 52% number is crazy. There is no way they could double my taxes, there would be no purpose of working.

Maybe that's the plan.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I didn't know ATS was frequented by billionaires....
Because only billionaires would be the ones with such a high tax rate, and even then, I'm sure there a loopholes that would lower the paid amount drastically.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
This is the United States of America...we fought to break away from England and all of the taxes, but here we are being taxed just like the british.

Actually taxes played a very small role in the revolt.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Does it really matter where the money goes when they are taking everything you have? Will you be ok with the loss of your income?

It all goes towards the over bloated Govt. including Military to conquer the World which will be a lost cause in time. Quite simply, your money will be used to kill innocent civilians in far away Countries that no one ever hears of and therefore, don't care.

So by all means, if people are ok with their hard earned money being used to kill innocent people for no reason but to make those that steal those taxes even richer, go ahead. Idiots.

No one should be ok with their Govt. taking HALF of their income...No one.

Peace

edit on 29-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
I'm not sure how you figure 52%, however, in response to your other question about where your tax dollars go there's this, from the White House.

Without getting too involved in my numbers; I was taxed at 12.5% federal (OASDI, income, medicare) and 3.3% state. This adds to a whopping 15.8% total tax rate. Depending on what I get back this spring I'll be able to tell what my effective rate was.

I seriously doubt anyone is getting hit for anything above 30% in this country.

My tax rate is 16%. With that said 28% of my check is taken from me every week.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Actually it was the lack of representation, not the taxes. The slogan was "No taxation without representation". Not, no taxation.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Have you considered Switzerland?
While not perfect, their efficiency ,and border protection is first rate.

Here is a quote for you ( as best as I can remember),"Governing a Large Country is Like
Cooking a Small Fish. Keep a Firm Eye on the Boundaries of your Pan, and Never let your
Butter Burn. A Strong Ruler must delicately Flip even the Most Exquisite Dish of Attention,
at their behest ,in order to Attain the Nearest to Perfection.

Or Thereabouts...

- Lao Tzu S&F

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Actually it was the lack of representation, not the taxes. The slogan was "No taxation without representation". Not, no taxation.

Taxation with representation ain't so hot either.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The money go to :

1.Military (99.97%)

2.Education (0.02%)

3.Infrastructure (0.01%)

4.People (0%)

Just my assumption..LOL..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Fighting wars is very expensive! Follow the money....

costofwar.com...
edit on 29-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Taxation with representation ain't so hot either.

Sure it is. Why are you complaining about the people YOU elected? You reap what you sow.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm shocked to see claims of only paying 12% total tax rate on income (between fed & state governments)

Is anyone disputing the figures shown here:

blog.heritage.org...

It's clearly around 28% Federal income tax rate plus 15% Payroll tax plus state tax(unless ur in one of the about 6 states which have no state income tax).

Would be great to find somewhere that shows where all the tax (roughly half each paycheck) goes... still googling

edit on 29-12-2012 by minnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Actually, taxes were the reality of the revolt because it leads to subjugation of the masses.

Call it how you want but it always comes down to Govt. taking more from those that earn a living.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GregJ

Not quite. 2013 Federal Budget:
Department of Health and Human Services including Medicare and Medicaid: 25%
Social Security Administration: 23%
Department of Defense including Overseas Contingency Operations: 18%
Net interest: 6%

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>