It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look At All These Guns People Got for Christmas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That increase in gun sales following the Newtown shooting might have had a little bit to do with Christmas season, as a lot of people are flaunting their new firearms on social media today, a trend first-noticed by The Verge's T.C. Sottek. As the AR-15 is a popular rifle of choice these days both for consumers and murderers...

Source

I'm not against firearms and the right to defend yourself and your loved ones. However, the behavior and joy depicted in the article above is "unique" on this planet, considering there are many countries in this world where people are allowed to purchase firearms.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wish I got an AR for christmas... just saying.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oh man!

That's just beautiful

G_D bless our country and the U.S. Constitution!

edit on 28-12-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Isn't a pistol enough to defend yourself against burglars or potential attackers? It seems to me that the current climate is inciting people to purchase even more weapons rather than surrendering them.

I have a hunch something else is up. I think TPTB are about to push harder than ever to ban guns. The latest events are just the excuse they are looking for.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
ROck on! I got a second hand pistol, second hand ar-15 no registration needed on my part
and I got a new bow as well as a nice crossbow set

link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

Shouldn't one be excited when receiving/opening a gift? Christmas or otherwise?
There is a picture that was taken of me smiling after I opened what was only a hat this year.

link   
Wish I got a gun for Christmas

So what? Everyone should get guns for Christmas.... why not?

link   
yep, in Texas we need 'em....the coolest place to explore with the grand kids is remote (Texas has nothing but empty spaces), wild and pristeen(this one place is 3 miles long and storybook to the max), and has the best behaved wild hogs that go up to 750 pounds easily and one I saw in the road one frosty morning was 8 feet long and 1100 pounds....looked like a rhino laying there, I swear. then there's the snakes and bobcats and big cats(two kinds) and deer herds to be thinned or they starve.

edit on 28-12-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
whatever floats their boat i suppose. i'd rather receive a nice bottle of vintage whiskey.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Firearms are not TOYS so why i see same joy kids get when they get real toys

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Maybe it's a cultural thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Look at those murderous looking people it's just a matter of time before they all go shoot up a school or mall.

/end sarcasm

Millions of photos of people with weapons already in the country < a few thousand new ones. Hahaha got to love the medias spin on things.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It's a heck of a gift, like others have said. Even in the lull years between his election and this new hard push to buy everything in sight because of more Ban talk ....those were $500-$600 rifles, stripped and bare. Hey, a few of those look accessorized.

Really.. I'm not THAT old....why can't one of them adopt me long enough to shower me with such gifts?

I don't ask much either... Just an AR-10 and I'll be happy for life. Really. My price is low.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I wouldn't use the word "toys" either, but in some sense they can be adult "toys" used for sport shooting at ranges for nice leisure, sporting activities. It's fun to practice target shooting to amplify your skills, and yes, bring the kids, as long as they are under your wing.

edit on 28-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The joy of giving and receiving guns for Christmas? Just ain't right somehow

link   
These gifts must have been all bought before the panic buying hysteria that has cleared shelves nationwide.

If I had bought one for a family member it's be really hard not to turn around and sell it for triple what I paid rather than stick it under the tree.

link   
Its not that these people are gun nuts or anything like that....

Their just happy that they can now defend themselves against home invasions and people trying to rob them on the streets

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I really wish I could get a gun, I havent had one for about 10 years but I just cant afford it right now.
I saw a sweet P90 clone at the pawnshop the other day, for about 1500.00

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
the fear of not being able to buy guns is the best marketing ever and probably what was intended.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

"However, the behavior and joy depicted in the article above is "unique" on this planet"

Its christmas morning, people are opening presents, they get a shiny new gun, whats the unique part? No different then its christmas morning, people are opening presents, they get a shiny new bike. They say "smile for the camera!" and take a picture. Whats the unique part? It happens every year to billions of people, its called opening presents.

Hell, one of the greatest Christmas movies is based entirely on a kid who wants a gun.

edit on 28-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join