It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epidemic Alert on Dec 24th that described victims eyes turning green...read on

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just wanted to share part of an official email alert from a well known and respected disaster monitoring service .
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Can't figure this out , nothing on the news I can find.

EH : Undiagnosed disease / Africa / Sudan [0:500]

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 11:33 AM PST

EDIS Number: EH-20121223-37608-SDN
Date / time: 23/12/2012 19:31:18 [UTC]
Event: Epidemic Hazard
Name of Hazard: Undiagnosed disease
Area: Africa
State/County: Darfur Region

Description:
Residents from Saraf Omra have revealed the emergence of new cases of a deadly disease causing vomiting and diarrhea. It was reported on Thu 20 Dec 2012 that if patients are not treated as soon as the disease is discovered, the disease could lead to death. A witness from Saraf Omra told Radio Dabanga on Thursday [20 Dec 2012] that the number of people infected with the disease is about 500. He added that the disease causes the skin tone to turn yellow and the eyes green. The witness said that Saraf Omra hospital is overloaded with patients with malaria, yellow fever, and the new disease. Moreover, the witness stated that serious cases are being referred to Zalingei and El Geneina hospitals for treatment. Residents of Saraf Omra have appealed to the Ministry of Health in North Darfur to urgently send a medical team to investigate the disease in Saraf Omra and neighboring villages.

edit on 12/27/2012 by kosmicjack because: fixed caps

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Here we are.
This is ground zero for the Zombie virus.

Why does the craziest sht start in Africa?

I wonder what part of Malta this concoction was made in

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I certainly hope that is 100% natural in origin. I've had a bad feeling since Gadaffi fell and it was confirmed that no one had positive control of Libya's weapons depots for a period of time....what got loose and when might the world see signs of someone testing?

Technically, Libya voluntarily handed everything over in 2003, out of the blue and similar to what South Africa did in coming 100% clean...100% of his own choosing. Reports back then put some of what he had in all three...NBC..to be far more advanced than anyone suspected. I just hope it really was all either handed over or made worthless by bad storage or other factors.

After all, this is kinda what it would look like, isn't it? If someone was testing something ...some rebel faction or something without the sophistication to handle what they found. It's just be some cases popping up with a totally mysterious set of symptoms where it shouldn't be....... I'll really worry if the "outbreak" just dies off and vanishes without explanation.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now this is one post that I really do hope turns into a hoax.

That sounds like one nasty way to die!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sadly could be genuine

Found a link dated 21st December here from Darfur

Link

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

This is going to sound dumb, but when you look at the map in the link and scroll/click and grab right or left, how come different emergencies are listed? Am I scrolling to another day?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sounds like yellow fever outbreak.

Speaking to Radio Dabanga, the minister disclosed that one person died of yellow fever in the Roakirro locality and that another five people are infected; four of them are hospitalized in Zalingei and the other is being treated in Wadi Saleh. This brings the total yellow fever death toll to 83 and infection cases to 443, Yousef pointed out.

allafrica.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In all seriousness, there have been a few odd world events happening...However, with this one, if the victims start checking themselves out against medical recommendation, we have some serious issues.......It does sound like a horrible way to go, green eyes and spewing out both ends......ugh, thanks OP for the find.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

sounds like a virus that may cause biliary obstruction somehow - then

bile would increase, not be recirculated/excreted via the enterohepatic circulation -

and the skin would turn yellow and eyes may turn green (prob. yellow first).

The pancreas and/or liver would be the viral targets.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I check this frequently and it usually catches the weird stuff along with the myriad normal things happening every day. For anyone who hasn't seen this site before....just trust me. The screens and reports always look this busy and it's not a biological tsunami, even if that's hard to believe at first glance. The media makes this stuff sound rare..lol

Global Disease Outbreak Index

This outbreak hasn't made it yet....There is another unknown agent in Nigeria killing though and it has quite a few more by the sound of it. The green eyes for this thread got my attention ...but what is it with Africa having such a regular occurrence of 'unknown' viruses? Is it technical challenge to identifying them or are truly NEW ones coming out of nature that often there?
edit on 27-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I check this frequently and it usually catches the weird stuff along with the myriad normal things happening every day. For anyone who hasn't seen this site before....just trust me. The screens and reports always look this busy and it's not a biological tsunami, even if that's hard to believe at first glance. The media makes this stuff sound rare..lol

Global Disease Outbreak Index

This outbreak hasn't made it yet....There is another unknown agent in Nigeria killing though and it has quite a few more by the sound of it. The green eyes for this thread got my attention ...but what is it with Africa having such a regular occurrence of 'unknown' viruses? Is it technical challenge to identifying them or are truly NEW ones coming out of nature that often there?
edit on 27-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Agreed, but prefer this one:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

it is a bit less inflammatory on the events......

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious

This is going to sound dumb, but when you look at the map in the link and scroll/click and grab right or left, how come different emergencies are listed? Am I scrolling to another day?

Yest does odd things if you don't do it like this ie the following.
Just hover over map point of interest and left click mouse and hold until a balloon info comes up.
You can then point to the details icon.
Or just scroll down th epage and it lists disasters in groups.
The event may not be on map , as it updates and there are so many events that happen .
but it should be possible to find the green eye disease in the OP.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Based on the reports of yellow skin tone and green eyes, whatever the hell is causing it is attacking the liver or pancreas.

Scary stuff, nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for supplying the link to your disaster monitoring site.
I have bookmarked it

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The green eyes for this thread got my attention .

Green eyes could be the result of jaundice.(part of yellow fever)

Gives a yellow/greenish tint to it.

hoorayforya.com...

Link to pic

Will have to keep up with this thread to see what it really is.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Based on the reports of yellow skin tone and green eyes, whatever the hell is causing it is attacking the liver or pancreas.

Scary stuff, nonetheless.

Others have alluded to yellow fever, but it is unusual for it , being reported initially that it was an unknown disease.
I have had yellow eyes before recently too, as my liver wasn't functioning properly due to a viral illness.
But yellow skin and green eyes, sounds very disturbing, as it appears to be almost an instant death if not treated.
Lest hope it is a contained yellow fever outbreak, and not a globally spreading epidemic.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

so we all turn into the simpsons???

aye caramba!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
are we talking about jaundice or something completely different?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, it says it isn't fatal if treated quickly. So... what are they treating this with? They must have a decent idea of what it is.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
[more

Yet another man created virus to chop down at the masses.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join