It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eagles!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I love raptors, especially eagles. Here are some cool vids I found while tubin'.

This guy hangs out with Stellar's sea eagles. The Stellar's share honors with the harpy eagle as the world's largest. I love the sounds they make!
Stellar's

The Philipine eagle, another giant with a seven-foot wingspan.
Philipine Eagle

Tilly, the golden eagle.
Tilly

The harpy eagle is the other contender for world's largest. This info is from Nat Geo:
Its talons are longer than a bear’s claws, and it has such a powerful grasp, that it could break a man’s arm or even pierce through his skull if it wanted to. Fortunately, Harpy eagles have never been known to attack humans (unless protecting their nest)
Harpy Eagle

A wedge-tailed eagle, Australia's largest raptor. They can stand 3 /12 feet tall. Watch how he walks!
Wedge-Tailed Eagle

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Schweet! That Wedge Tail Eagle is huge, and looks bigger than the Stellar. 1.2m/4ft avg height?!? I bet it's talon spread is bigger than a grown mans hand. The Philippine is a beauty for sure. Never heard of the others, thanks for sharing.

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Awesome videos! Can't wait to share with my students....thanks for posting!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Golden eagles get pretty darn big too...

Where I live, the ravens are about half the size of the bald eagles. I've seen 2-3 ravens scare away an eagle from a dumpster. Yep, eagles will eat out of dumpsters.

edit on 27-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join