It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 28, 2012 - Watch The News!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Mayans have cast a bad spell on the progeny of invaders from Europe who helped to devastate their empire. How does the spell work? It's written in the Long Count. Mayans learned about the superstition involving the unlucky and lucky numbers; that is, 13 and 7. Since the new Baktun Cycle started a week ago, December 28, 2012 is recorded in Mayan Long Count calendar, as

And so the Mayan priests cast a spell on that day. What spell? No one really knows - there is nothing much left from the whole pictogram. That's is of course a problem, because, according to the Mayan belief, if the stone a spell is carved into is broken, the spell is broken as well. It appears from what is left that the spell involves a fate of leaders, like presidents, because one fragment of the pictogram shows a king.
edit on 26-12-2012 by tremex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tremex

Please give me three reasons why anybody should care about anything the Mayans did.

Or even one reason.

Why are the Mayans so special?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I read something like this before...

I still maintain that the PTB put so much hype on Dec 21st to deflate and distract us, we should be taking action NOW!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You have any claims to back this up because I'm not sure where you're going with this?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Doesn't "maya" mean "illusion?" Therefore, their prophecies and predictions are illusory.

I'm instead opting to focus my fear and dread on the 2013 Christmas comet.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
You have any claims to back this up because I'm not sure where you're going with this?

I would have to second this. Do you have any links for this OP?
edit on 12/26/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755
reply to post by tremex

Please give me three reasons why anybody should care about anything the Mayans did.

Or even one reason.

Why are the Mayans so special?

Why are the Mayans so special? Well, for the obvious reason: The greatest catastrophe known to mankind took place in a region where is now the Yucatan peninsula, which was the home to the Mayans. If someone predicts that a world-ending catastrophe takes place in 2012, then the Mayans must be involved, no? If you have a problem with plumbing in your house, you call a pest control service?
edit on 26-12-2012 by tremex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Well if I did then I wouldn't be asking and that's why I'm asking.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just wondering if there are any links for this theory. Or just an idea?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sorry, I was agreeing with you. I meant that last part for the OP, not you.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

eh he wasn,t asking you,he was asking the op

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Mayans died out hundreds of years ago and are now irrelevant with their long count calendar having expired.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

No worries. High five you and my apologies.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Mayans died out hundreds of years ago and are now irrelevant with their long count calendar having expired.

The Long Count calendar has not "expired" - you have been misinformed by the New Age priests. The calendar is cyclical and goes on.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm filing a class action suite against certain networks and websites that overplayed (in my lawyer's opinion) 2012, end of the world shows.

I'm suing for loss of time over the past 3.5 years due to obsessive internet posting and blogging, carried out to "therapeutically" deal with 2012, end of the works stress.

We expect to settle with $1,500,000.00. Which is what I could have created had I been mentally free to proceed without the stress of world destruction looming in the distance.

If you know of anyone that lost time and money due to obsessing with the end of the world, we are looking to add plaintiffs to this case. The bigger the collective dollar amount the harder we hit them.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tremex

Their empire collapsed 500 years BEFORE those "European invaders" ever set foot in America.

I'll refrain from commenting on the rest.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

*sigh*

Mayans DID NOT DIE OUT........

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by tremex

Their empire collapsed 500 years BEFORE those "European invaders" ever set foot in America.

Well if they couldn't predict their own demise what makes anybody think they could predict ours?

Is that a fair question? I think so.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Is that a fair question? I think so.

I think so, too.

However, it is unanswerable, because we simply don't know whether they predicted it or not.
Much of the original material has been destroyed through the centuries; and what remains is subject to interpretation - which, by definition, may be wrong. Totally wrong.

N.B. Apparently they did predict white men coming, but I don't know enough about it to come up with specific data at this point - and I am too sleepy to search for it.

edit on 26-12-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by tremex

Please do so. You are not of any help here given the level of your knowledge regarding the subject.

It would take some 170 years and the help of the Xiu Maya before the last recognized Maya stronghold fell, that of the Itza capital of Tayasal on Lake Petén Itzá, in 1697. Following the great revolt of the seven Mayan provinces to the east, the authorisation of the Indian auxiliaries to enslave any Mayan rebels they managed to catch helped quell the resistance.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join