It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye of Horus, 30,000 years and lots of paint.. The cave unlocked??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Makes you wonder why they call it "stampede"

Looks like we now know why..

The documentary makers mentioned that the use of multiple limbsor heads on animals refers to movement..

Yes, but it also refers to numbers of animals.. i.e. more than one..
Those long horn rhino certainly had a gathering going on when it happened..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Throughout your research did it ever mention what mediums used? Certain pigments from flowers etc etc. are the rocks brown or was it painted as such? It does look like the right colors for a desert I suppose...what was used for white? Certainly has one hell of a shelf life if we talking 20k yrs. and of course charcoal.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Grounded animal teeth for white? That's what I'd try to use I think.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
Throughout your research did it ever mention what mediums used? Certain pigments from flowers etc etc. are the rocks brown or was it painted as such? It does look like the right colors for a desert I suppose...what was used for white? Certainly has one hell of a shelf life if we talking 20k yrs. and of course charcoal.
According to the NatGeo article, the following were used:

Iron oxide (found in the clay found outside the cave entrance. Red painting only)

Limestone (clay was scraped away to reveal the limestone under the cave walls. This was what created the white piantings)

Charcoal (made from fires that were lit inside the caves. These were done for the black paintings)

Thats all I have about what was used to make the cave paintings.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
These images are very nice, and for those of us interested in man's creative growth they are full of life and vibrancy. As for Horus, I've often thought that when I heft one of my American Indian artifacts from many thousands of years ago that the man or woman who made it lived before the main religions of the world were organized, before the greek philosophers held court, and before most of the world was "civilized". Horus symbolizes the all seeing eye, which takes in all cultures and all times, and is at home everywhere.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Thank you kindly. Ground teeth would have been cooler!
edit on 26-12-2012 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I actually see the eye of a goat in there . Goats have vertical irises and pupils.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by cjttatu

it may not necesarily be your monitor, it could be your colour settings.

They painted all this with light and angles in mind. We cannot change the angle at which we see the photographs, we can only change the brightness or contrast, but it has helped me find all this.

In the documentary, the film crew do play with lighting effects and it is very impressive to see one picture move and blend into something far more..

I have been asking myself what would we discover if we took IR or UV or evene Xray photos of these paintings? Woulld we fnd the use of special materials?

I havn't been able to watch the documentary,i intend to but may be a while...

I think there's alot to be said for trying to see things as from the perspective of the painter...(i paint)
of course that in itself may never be known...how we perceive things, is undoubtedly vastly different
from 20-30,000 years ago ...i think fire light might reveal alot though

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

In the documentary, they say this is an insect !!!

I see the face of an Alien,, 2 aliens and there bodies. Greys..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
With all the 12/21 stuff I'd almost forgotten why I joined ATS. Thankyou for the reminder.

This is fascinating & thought provoking to the Nth.

A superficial observation for starters - Along with France Spain & etc I also see Italy.

Will be following & contributing if I come up with anything worth sharing.

Thankyou again for this thread! S&F

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu

I think there's alot to be said for trying to see things as from the perspective of the painter...(i paint)
of course that in itself may never be known...how we perceive things, is undoubtedly vastly different
from 20-30,000 years ago ...i think fire light might reveal alot though

That was exactly what I tried to do. To see it from their point of view.
There is complete mastery in these paintings and it seems there may be a lot of messages that were not meant to be easily found unless a civilization has reached a point of understanding where it can be read.

The documentary helped greatly. The play of light by the camera crew was a major catalyst. All we've really had before is simple flood lit photos. Nothing moved, nothing shimmered. Just static!

The movement of the camera through the cave gives a perspective you can only really get if you were there. But if you were there then there are a multitude of angles you could choose to look from. The problem for the future reading of these paintings is that nobody is allowed to walk on the cave floor to get any other viewing angles. They have laid down a track to walk on and you cannot step off it.

If we were to use a remote flying camera, you'd probably get a lot more of what you want but with less control over the final images and you may miss events on te wall by inches unless you could also remotely view what the flying camera can see.

We're just scratching slightly under the surface here

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just a thought -

Perhaps what we see as complex & cryptic was their everyday way of simple communication.

Without walking in someone's shoes we can never fully understand their mindset.

There is much to consider here.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
With all the 12/21 stuff I'd almost forgotten why I joined ATS. Thankyou for the reminder.

This is fascinating & thought provoking to the Nth.

A superficial observation for starters - Along with France Spain & etc I also see Italy.

Will be following & contributing if I come up with anything worth sharing.

Thankyou again for this thread! S&F

That's interesting as I could not make out Italy!
I did, obviously, try to find it, but it may be blurred into the picture so much that it would not be "professional" to try to add it in. A few thoughts crossed my mind as to why I could not see it...
1. The painter forgot to add it.
2. It was covered in ice and not part of their world yet.
3. It is there, just jumbled up amongst other stuff.
4. The art tries to hide the obvious. Painting something that looks like a leg and foot that everyone with a map would recognise as Italy would blow the main 'cover'.

I think I know what I need to do next... make a video and point out what I see.. I'll need a projector..not got one.
It's difficult for me to actually try to present everything I see here as my computer skills are nowhere near good enough to do such a major presentation.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DENBY
Just a thought -

Perhaps what we see as complex & cryptic was their everyday way of simple communication.

Without walking in someone's shoes we can never fully understand their mindset.

There is much to consider here.

Yes there is so very much to consider here..

This may have been a sacred place.. not a holy place.. just sacred.. i.e., the place for the elders who have the knowledge.. a school to initiate those reaching the 'elder' period..the wise men.. the high priests.. They are the story tellers.. those who pass the secrets along. The first rulers of a society.

These images were not meant to be read so easily. If someone were to walk into the caves (Joe Blogs for example) he'd have no idea.. All he waould see is a lot of lines and pretty pictures of animals.

But go in there at the right time, with the right light and with foreknowledge, you could recite the worlds history in an hour or so..

we have to consider how to keep a secret from other tribes, whilst letting your own tribe know all there is to know.. You'd have to keep a record of some description in order to correctly and accurately pass the story on to generation after generation so as not to play 'Chinese whispers' and end up with everything messed up.

This all made me think of the Aboriginal 'dream time' and the way they painted onto rock.
It also made me think of the Mayans and what they built and their artistic designs. It conjured up many thoughts and I hope to bring them together here once I've got the chance to carry on with the research. I may find nothing, but it seems only right if that really is and showing a part of Florida.

Florida looks like a dark floppy ear.. West of the coast of Africa (lions mouth) You may notice a sweeping mark going around the coast of Florida and heading north towards, what I can only describe as, a palm tree on an island. They may have chosen that spot as it's a natural harbour. Please also note that Florida does not look like it does today, but if you look at google Earth, you can see how very similar the submerged floor of Florida could very easily match up with the painting.

this is one very deep rabbit hole..

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Wow.. that is a lot to absorb. I am going to have to look more into this when i am not at work. Great find however.
I am wondering if I had missed something on that crater tho... Where is it located and was it a natural formation or not, or did I miss something on that
. Great Thread!

S&F, and off topic, love the avatar

Grim

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimmley

South of Tehran (see page 2 of thread)

As for it being natural, yes it is more than likely such a hole was created naturally
(but you never know)
What created the crater I'm still trying to find out. I know very little about.

It could be the meteorite that wiped out the dinosaurs hit this place and created the crater, or it's one heck of blow out by mother earth..

Either way, IMO, there is an obvious reference to that area and a massive mushroom clouded explosion of some description.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
There's been something else on my mind about this crater and its explosion.

Go back 30,000 years and maybe a lot more, we will have a completely different set of thermal currents up in the sky..

If debris (stone, ash and other minerals) were found south west of the crater, then this may help to explain why the middle east and north Africa are so dry and in a state of 'desert' these days.

Yes, it's believed these areas were rather well populated and had good plant coverage (thanks Byrd) but maybe these areas thrived due to the nutrients the plants got from the ash and minerals blown that way by the currents of air.

Perhaps all that area was wiped clean at one point leaving behind a scorched earth, yet once the debris fell and took hold, healing began and good stuff started to grow there. Especially as it may have all been assisted by the ice age..

Ice age ends and the area begins to revert back to the damaged mess it's been for a long time.. Probably a cycle that has been repeating itself..

I've always wondered what's under the Sahara sands..

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

On the Map in your 2nd post I see Italy about 1" to the right of the word 'Spain' & 1" below 'France'.

I also see a Cat directly below 'Tripoli' to the immediate left of 'Egypt'.

Egypt/Cat - I find that an interesting correlation.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Nice post my friend, but the eye is not the eye of Horus but the eye of ra. Ra means god, Horus was carian who the cabal chose to make more important I know as I was onursis.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I will also fill you in why there are a a lot of animal type gods in those Egypt times that's because there were. A lot if the beings from Sirius a and others were. For eg Anubis was an Aesir that is what their race is called and the famous lion race like sekhmet is the paschat. I don't know why I bother on ats just hope some of the masses awaken more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join