It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anywhere to watch Storm of the Century for free online?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hi there,

I got Netflix, but this is one that's missing there, and it's been a while since I've seen it, and for a rainy night it's the perfect mini series to curl up in bed to watch.

So, is there anywhere to watch it online for free? Legally, that is. And no download, please, I'd much prefer to see it online (I never trust any downloads).

Any help in pointing me to the right direction would be appreciated. I would have thought Netflix would have had it, they got a few Stephen King films, but sadly not the one I want to watch. I also had the NowTV a little while ago, and I couldn't find it there either... nor could I find it on LoveFilm last time I was with them (I keep signing up for places that offer free trial. Hahahaha!).

I was hoping maybe some tv channel has it in their online viewable archives. But I got a feeling I might have to order it from amazon after Christmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

you will not find it free online legally

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
you will not find it free online legally

Bummer! I even checked LoveFilm again, but it says "Coming soon" (figured I could sign up for another free trial. Hahahaha). It's funny, the UK Netflix hardly have any Stephen King films compared to the US version, but they do have "The Mist". That one might have to do then.

As it's such an old series now, I would have thought it would be available somewhere or another, as more and more tv channels are now having online archives (generally shows though, not films), like BBC iPlayer.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Removed by Staff

I think I'm gonna give something that starts with "PirateBay" a miss.
Seems a little bit too fishy for me. But thank you for your time!

edit on 23/12/2012 by Sauron because: staff edit

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

yes

[removed by staff]
edit on 23-12-2012 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

That is not really legal. besides kickasstorrents.com is a much better torrent site
edit on 12/23/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspiechick

[link removed by staff]
edit on

Smart move, the mods will bust you quick for this type of illegal linkage. They're awfully sensitive, just try typing t - h - c sometime.
edit on 12/23/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: [link removed by staff]
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspiechick

Good call.

There are about 4-5 steven king films on youtube in full though..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Google is your friend

www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
Google is your friend

I've been trying, each and every website it's been displaying as a result has looked fairly fishy to me.
I'm just about desperate to see the series again, but I'm not so desperate I'll do it, and then feeling guilty about it! Then I'd rather just twiddle my thumbs until I find it at a decent price (just checked Amazon - £16!!! Will check ebay in a bit), and wait for it to arrive.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Sharing isn't illegal.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's scary to know people are still scared to download video files thinking they can be infected with something.

Funny really..

But yeah, unless you know of an online rental place (I don't) or are willing to consider almost 13 years enough time to forgo the $4.99 given to a company that does nothing but store data in a server farm and make profit from your honesty, then you're unlikely to watch it tonight :^(

You could get it other ways, watch it, delete it, then go give $4.99 to blockbuster on Thursday and smile at them as they wonder what you're on...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
You could get it other ways, watch it, delete it, then go give $4.99 to blockbuster on Thursday and smile at them as they wonder what you're on...

Hahahahaha!

I basically download nothing... nor update anything... which lead to a very "fun" Black Screen of Death a couple of months ago, when my laptop decided to update windows without my permission, and all the updates I've refused for the last year and half buggerd up the whole system. I never download thank to my stepkids whom was allowed to use the PC (not laptop at that time), and within 5 minutes the wee tinkers had downloaded some sort of virus that ruined the whole system... even lost all my pictures, after that I'm very cautious of any downloads. Nevermind, the "laptop guy" has now set it so that my laptop updates automatically, so hopefully the Black Screen of Death is avoided in the future!

However my main reason for not watching something from a "fishy" site is that I simply "can't". I "wired" so that I can't do something I know I shouldn't be doing.

I'm still determinded to see Storm of the Century soon... albeit only place I could find it cheap on ebay is from the US, so it might take a while until it arrives... unless I can find it some other sites here in the UK.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just a suggestion but it sounds like you've never seen it before and if that's the case? The Mist isn't one I'd choose for the day or two before Christmas. Perhaps.....a few days ago on the eve of the 21st. Lets just say, trying as hard as humanly possibly not to spoil anything, it has an ending that is not entirely conducive to ideas of Christmas Cheer and Goodwill toward Man. Err.... Can't put it any better without really ruining one of those movies where it matters a lot.

Err.. Xmas ...Just not that Holiday for that movie, IMO. Just my advice.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Just not that Holiday for that movie

Oh yes - I think both Storm of the Century and the Mist would be perfect!
I've seen them both before, Storm of the Century twice, and The Mist about a handful of times.

I think both of them are absolutely brilliant, The Mist more so they way it portrays the people, and how horrible people really are if pushed into a corner... but I love Storm of the Century, again showing how people would react... and only the few (one) daring to make a stand.

Storm of the Century would be even more perfect if it was snowing (sadly no white Christmas here... just a wet one)... but rain will do.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
it has an ending that is not entirely conducive to ideas of Christmas Cheer and Goodwill toward Man.

And I have to say... The Mist has THE most brilliant ending... ever. I actually saw it at the cinema the first time and it was shocking and so brilliant at the same time. I don't think anyone that's seen it will ever forget the ending. It is however what goes on in the store that makes the story for me, the brutal ("Won't anyone walk a lady home" on the end is simply genious) ending is a "bonus" (I know that sounds horrible, but it's a real wow-er).

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

Ahh.. Well, seeing that you've seen that Misty treat of a movie...lol... Do enjoy another round! Actually...only a handful of movies in my life have ever really affected me.... Dunno why that one did, but it did. I was a little off for the whole day after too. It must have struck a subconscious chord or something, but yeah, in the category of best endings of they type of movie, it ought to be in the all time top 3. That still isn't giving a thing away of course.

Between you and I...the all time worst for just getting in my head and staying where it wasn't wanted for days was 'The Ring'. I was NOT expecting that to have the....surreal scary aspect it did. I swear I looked a little more at TV's in empty rooms for a few days at least.

I described it to my wife who hasn't seen the movie (Mist) for how it ends and she was horrified to think it would be a pre X-mas movie. I didn't get any points by noting it was handy on the shelf to grab since she hadn't seen it herself. Err..... I may always wonder now if my present pile might have been a little higher otherwise. lol...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've seen only the black & white director's cut of The Mist and I hear it has a different ending than the theatrical... can anyone add to my knowledge on this?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
I've seen only the black & white director's cut of The Mist and I hear it has a different ending than the theatrical... can anyone add to my knowledge on this?

I didn't actually know there was a b/w "directors vision".... ooooooo - so wish that was the one they'd shown at the cinema! Doing a littl bit of a google, it seems the ending is the same on both.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Oh... I should have googled. I sent him the ending by U2U so it didn't spoiler for others who may come across this and haven't seen it. I could have saved all the typing by memory of the ending. lol

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join