It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China successfully conducts test run of high-speed train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
China successfully conducts test run of high-speed train

BEIJING: China has successfully conducted a test run of the world's longest high-speed railway between Beijing and Guangzhou, ahead of the launch of the 2,298-km-long line on December 26.

Running at an average speed of 300 km per hour, it only took two-and-a-half hours for the train yesterday to cover the 693 km distance from Beijing to Zhengzhou, the northern section of the whole route that links the country's capital and the southern economic hub.

source
List of countries, who operate high speed trains...

High-speed rail by country

The railway authorities have taken a string of targeted measures to guarantee a safe trip, such as intensifying the maintenance of fixed equipment and mobile devices on board and improving the control system to address possible problems under extreme weather, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted him as saying.

SS

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Couldnt pay me enough to ride in something like this in china,
300kmh coffin

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

crazy suicide, i cant get the super8 train crash out of my mind...

h++p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXuCoQ3oQXc

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They have plenty of money to do this, since they are collecting billions in interest from their loans to the US. We continue to spend what little we have on wars of adventure in faraway places inhabited by people that hate us. Who is crazy- China or the US?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Seems like a bunch of countries are making big breakthroughs in infrastructure except the U.S.

Only thing we've successfully built lately is a fiscal cliff

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That's not really too much faster than technology that's been around for years ... the Acela (which runs down the NE corridor from Boston to Washington DC) runs at a max speed of 150 miles per hour ... this thing in China goes at 186 miles per hour ( 300 kph = 186 mph).

With a top speed of 150 mph (241 km/h) the Acela Express is the only service in North America that exceeds the U.S. Department of Transportation's 125 mph (201 km/h) definition of high speed rail.[3][47] The Acela achieves an average speed (including stops) of 80 mph (129 km/h) between Washington and New York; maximum speed is 150 mph (241 km/h) on two sections of track in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

Source

Personal note, i LOVE taking the Acela from New York to DC ... that thing hauls ass and door-to-door, is faster than flying (no security lines, etc).
edit on 12/23/2012 by AJ1123TKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That's not really too much faster than technology that's been around for years .
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

Actually the US has the fastest technology on Earth- the lightening speed at which Congress and the Administration is taking us over the fiscal cliff.
Faster than a speeding bullet......

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

That's pretty neat, but I would be kind of scared to ride it! It is supposed to be very safe, but accidents do happen. I don't think I want to be on this train when an accident does happen- at 300km per hour! I don't think anyone would walk away intact at that speed!

new topics

top topics

join