It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should old Acquaintance Be Forgot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm sitting here all alone, far from friends and family.
I am not usually prone to sentimentality but my loneliness has cast dark shadows this holiday period.

'It's a wonderful Life' is just finishing on TV, (seriously!) I'm on my third whiskey, and the fire is flickering to life. I have just enjoyed reading the tale of Enoch Soames on This Thread. I have to admit that my sadness has been brightened somewhat.

Thanks to All ATS members who I have engaged with in 2012 (we are still here yay!) and the many ideas proposed and rabbit holes that I ventured down thanks to ATS.
Here is to another year of wishing things were better. And thanks to the mods and site owners for their time and efforts to inform, educate and entertain. (Be pure, Be Vigilant, Behave!)

Should old Acquaintance Be Forgot...................

Happy Christmas ATS, peace and goodwill to you all.
- Humans Eh! -

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's impossible to keep in touch with everyone you have ever been a friend or acquaintance of, you will meet thousands of people in your life.
Look forward to new friends and acquaintances.
But don't let go of the keepers.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have pushed my friends and acquaitances aside for the last five years. I resent this fact. My own selfishness has got in the way. I am going to change this for 2013. I have said this for the last 3 years.

OP, go and seek out these past relationships. There is no harm in TRYING. But like I said, easier said than done.

Merry Christmas. You are not alone on ATS. Peace.
edit on 23-12-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

This will be my fourth Christmas in a row where I'm alone. It is kind of sad, and I've noticed that I have NO Christmas spirit. You know, I don't feel that "majik" in the air that everyone talks about. In all honesty, I really don't care.

Although I've become quite the Scrooge, I've noticed that even with being alone I have a Christmas tradition. Hit up Swiss Chalet for a somewhat traditional dinner. Hit on the waitresses, make them laugh... I've found that when you go out in public on Christmas, it's easier to get in touch with strangers. You know what I mean? It's almost like people WANT to sit down and chat it up with a stranger. It's not something I see in people on any other day in the year, at least, not as much.

I'll get home, and I think about all the people I've known over the years. I wonder what they are doing, how their families are, etc.. I never talk to these people anymore, but they're still a part of me. I don't think we ever "forget" our old acquaintances, just remember them less.

I appreciate the old days, and getting a little nostalgic on Christmas is the thing to do!

People always tell me that I shouldn't be alone on Christmas, but it's not like they open their door and invite me to dinner! I just don't understand that line. Like, why tell me that? I already know! It's like confessing your love for a girl getting rejected and having her say, "you're a great guy, I'm sure you'll make someone happy." This is actually what bugs me about Christmas and Christmas spirit. All these people I come across talk about peace and love, yet when someone who could use a little love comes by, they get none.

That's why I go to Swiss Chalet! Every time, I sit at a table alone and within a few minutes, someone comes up and starts chatting. Next thing you know, the table full, and a great memory is formed.

So don't worry yo! There's always someone out there who's willing to share your day with you. Even if it's just here on a forum. I'll be checking in throughout the day on Tuesday and so will plenty of others. We'll form a Christmas memory together and a little joy will worm its way into our hearts!

I hope yours is as good as it can be, Merry Christmas!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
that depends on the acquaintance , as for your lack of friends locally, id suggest to go hang at a bar , or the park or the Library . get off the pc and become more socially active .....

tho im alone 98% of the time and i love it ....

happy holidays bro...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm not real close to my family. My youngest brother called Christmas Day the first time in over 10 years. The conversation was mostly him telling me about his financial woes. I didn't offer money but did tell him to find a job so he quickly ended the call.

top topics

join