It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien-Like' Skulls Excavated in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

'Alien-Like' Skulls Excavated in Mexico

news.yahoo.com

Human skulls deliberately warped into strange, alien-like shapes have been unearthed in a 1,000-year-old cemetery in Mexico, researchers say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The very first paragraph attempts to debunk the notion that these may in fact be the skulls of aliens.

Not to say that they couldnt have been intentionally deformed but the blatant attempt to squash any other possibilities is quite apparent.

As this gets more attention, we will have to wait and see what else we can learn, wondering if we'll ever know the truth behind this find.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Good find, I defiantly will be keeping updated about this, for now i'm going to assume it is just some form of animal or deformed human head.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The interesting thing is that these elongated skull traditions have been found on almost all continents, but mainstream science still presses for no evidence for trade relations between ancient civilizations:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I think many of us who have been researching these elongated skulls from around the world from various ancient cultures and civilizations are looking for the root cause as to why the cranial deformation started. I've always questioned were they trying to emulate something they saw? This one seems unique but still could simply be the result of cranial deformation or fracturing fragmentation after death but it appears to have a center bony ridge down the center. I'd like to view other angles.

If there is to be any validity to the whole Ancient Alien hypothesis then sooner or later there will need to be a game changing find...

edit on 22-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Looks like King Tut. We know this was a practice of ancient Egyptians and there are many similarities in Egyptian and Aztec/Myan pyramids among other artifacts... could this simply point to the fact that these peoples once shared a common ancestry or perhaps that they traveled vast distances?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
come on, how would they know right off the rip,
that these were deliberately formed. what happened to news just reporting the facts, instead they write in opinion as fact. just makes me mad
most people will read that and take it all as facts . sweet find , just hope its not swept under the rug like usual

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I think many of us who have been researching these elongated skulls from around the world from various ancient cultures and civilizations are looking for the root cause as to why the cranial deformation started. I've always questioned were they trying to emulate something they saw? This one seems unique but still could simply be the result of cranial deformation or fracturing fragmentation after death but it appears to have a center bony ridge down the center. I'd like to view other angles.

If there is to be any validity to the whole Ancient Alien hypothesis then sooner or later there will need to be a game changing find...

Is is me or does the jaw bone seem odd in shape.
The tooth alignment looks a little suspect also.
I am not saying this is a skull of alien origin; I am just pointing out something which I see as different compared to "modern man".

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I believe this is definitely not human, look at the teeth, the eyes. I also agree with what Slayer said. I always thought to that those cultures that elongated skulls were trying to emulate their gods (aliens). Why else would they do something like that? Interesting to see where this leads, but I also believe we may never hear the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The eye socket looks HUGE....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

just to give better comparison

it looks to have had a huge nose and a seemingly very strong jaw. Take a look at the very prominent chin and the length from the chin to the teeth, as compared to the normal skull. Maybe not alien, but very obvious differences that point to some very interesting features.
edit on 22-12-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Something looks weird about the jaw. It looks very not human to me, but then again I'm not a professional. How exactly do they bind the skulls, because the forehead is sloped back. It starts right at the brow, which seems weird to me. ( not saying it's not a bound skull.) What kind of effects would this have on the development of the brain? Can you imagine what this person would have looked like in real life? I'd love to see a reconstruction.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree with you slayer. I have no problem accepting that human beings did in fact deform their craniums...just like some cultures did their feet, ears, nose, necks...etc...etc...etc.

What I have always wondered is....why? What were they trying to accomplish? What were they emulating? Did they see something or come in contact with something? The idea that it occurred just about everywhere in societies that had no contact with each other has always been a puzzler for me.

I have tried to dismiss this with the wave of my hand in the direction that perhaps someone high up in their society was born with a birth defect but was indeed still a ruler or leader...so out of respect, they deformed themselves to look like this other person. A big reach, I know.

Hopefully one day will have a better understanding of why these things were done. Some of the explanations we have now seem plausible, but, in my mind's eye, they have holes in them...primarily being that it was basically a worldwide practice from societies that never knew about each other.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
interesting find. there are genetic mutation disorders (our family has two rare ones) that can cause bones to deform over time. I wonder if perhaps this is what we're looking at here. If you look at the drawings in the pyramids for example beings back then had heads shaped similar to this. Still...an interesting find and discussion.

And no - no one in my family has heads shaped like this! Added note, but for me specifically my uterus has completely deformed in just seven years. It went from being perfectly normal in 2005, to a sepctate shape in 2009 to now, it has almost completely switched to a heart shaped - completely deformed.

I'm leaning towards genetic mutation on this find. Perhaps this civilization skipped a step in the evolution phase or they too had a rare gene like I do.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If this was from head wrapping where did the extra bone mass come from? This elongated skull looks to have more bone than a normal human skull. Look at 'six67seven' pictures and you can see that there is more bone mass on the excavated skull than a normal human skull.

Just imagine if the skull wasn't elongated. Look how big the skull would be if it was a normal human shaped skull.

Head wrapping doesn't explain this for me.

edit on 22-12-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm sorry but you're gonna have a tough time convincing me that you can tightly wrap a skull and slowly over the course of time change its shape this drastically.

I don't believe could ever work anytime anywhere. Anyone who believes that theory should look into this amazing beach front property I have for sale in sunny Arizona... Archeologists are a bunch of stupid lying idiots.

I'm sooooo sure... wrapping? Gimme ANY explanation for this condition other than that and I'll probably be more likely to buy it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
interesting find. there are genetic mutation disorders (our family has two rare ones) that can cause bones to deform over time. I wonder if perhaps this is what we're looking at here. If you look at the drawings in the pyramids for example beings back then had heads shaped similar to this. Still...an interesting find and discussion.

And no - no one in my family has heads shaped like this!

From what I read in story, there are multiple skulls like this that were found, so that rules out the deformity theory, unless this was one large freak family with enough bad luck they were all born looking like this or mutated into this!
edit on 22-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
being nice

edit on 22-12-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Sounds like my family....buwahahah.

Seriously though, could be anything perhaps this civilization skipped a step in evolution...who knows honestly. I still think it's an interesting find.

Sou

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

being nice
edit on 22-12-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join