It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the end of the Nibiru theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I was wondering if Nibiru's no show (well I can't see it) sounds the death knell of all the theories regarding this hypothesied planetary object?

I know that Zecharia Sitchin contrary to some quarters of the new age community refuted claims that Nibiru would pass by Earth anytime soon and I believe he projected a much further future date several centuries hence when Nibiru would again pass close to Earth.

However I read from elsewhere that Nibiru was expected to pass near Earth originally in 2003 and when it failed to make an appearance the date was seemingly revised to 2012 to coincide with the end of the Mayan calender. Predictably it has yet again failed to make an appearance which brings into question the credibility of all these predictions if they had any credibility to begin with which seems unlikely.

I'm not dismissing the work of Zecharia Sitchin at all and for all I know Nibiru could exist but from what I was able to gather from other sources unrelated to Sitchin Nibiru would be responsible for some kind of imminent global cataclysm which doesn't appear to have happened on the date it was foretold. I hope I haven't spoke to soon

So is the Nibiru strand of new age and pseudo scientific thought permanently consigned to the debunked category (for many it always was) or will it resurface again with yet another proposed date for its passing near Earth? I would like to hear other peoples opinions?
edit on 21-12-2012 by fadedface because: adding smiley

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yep. Everyone was wrong. No super volcanos, supernovas, Nibiru. Pulse Attacks. Nothing....zip.
We are all still here........and nothing in the sky hurtling our way.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh no, not by far. The woos will say we got the dates wrong or some other lame excuse. Constantly moving the goalposts.

December 21, 2012 is the biggest bust in woo-woo history.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fadedface

In a word, no.

I wish it would, however, like Foundryman stated certain people will move the dates of their theories and come up with some reason for the miscalculation of the prophecy of doom.

For example, in terms of the Mayan calendar some people translate that the end of the calendar is in fact the 23rd not the 21st. So those people still have two days before they are proved wrong and have to retract their date to a later time in the future.

Thus, the theories will die down, but not dissapear totally from existence.

Did you really think it would go away so quickly anyway?

edit on 12/21/2012 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/21/2012 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join