It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA: "Post Good Guys w/Guns @ School"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
He also failed to mention the federal AWB was in full effect during Columbine

Yep sure was.

How Firearm(s) Acquired

Robyn Anderson, a friend of Klebold and Harris, bought the shotguns and the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine at The Tanner Gun Show in December of 1998 from unlicensed sellers. Because Anderson purchased the guns for someone else, the transition constituted an illegal "straw purchase." Klebold and Harris bought the TEC-DC9 from a pizza shop employee named Mark Manes, who knew they were too young to purchase the assault pistol, but nevertheless sold it to them for $500.

www.vpc.org...
edit on 21-12-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

So?

Lanza didn't, neither did Holmes.

Nice try.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Perhaps because I was unaware of the same? were you aware that the same armed guard responded near immediately after a call from the custodian? Exchanged gunfire with the killers...and yet still did not stop the killings?

Or further...is it your suggestion that we assign officers who do not take lunch breaks? How about bathroom breaks? Maybe multiple officers? at what point do you also consider other ways to address the problem?

Or is it "Yay - NRA" no matter what they say?

See that! You just openly admitted that you knew the guard was on his lunch break! How convenient that you left it out of your original post!
Did I ever say the guard didn't have a right to eat his lunch? NOPE!

Sucks when someone points out that you have an agenda and are willing to bend the facts to fit it, doesn't it?

FYI, I am not a member of the NRA, I am a vet who took an oath to uphold the Constitution from enemies, foriegn or domestic! NUFF SAID!

Or is it YAY Obama, no matter what he says?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well how about a Car? Chainsaw? Machete? Hell even a Hammer?

So you suggest we get rid of all guns, I suggest we lower the speed limit on highways to 40 and 25 on everything else. I would "save" more lives than you could by some miracle remove ALL guns from society.

More people die from liquor too, hmmm there is an idea, lets also ban liquor.

edit on 21-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well how about a Car? Chainsaw? Machete? Hell even a Hammer?

So you suggest we get rid of all guns, I suggest we lower the speed limit on highways to 40 and 25 on everything else. I would "save" more lives than you could by some miracle remove ALL guns from society.

More people die from liquor too, hmmm there is an idea, lets also ban liquor.

There is no fix to this mess. They can regulate it, legislate it, shake and bake it...but the facts will remain the same. People already have them....and the way things are going, they ain't gonna turn them over. So really, there is NOTHING that can be done.

Here's a suggestion.....MAYBE....we should stop being so afraid....ignore their scare tactics and live life without fear! They rule us by FEAR! How else can they rule us? When we realize...they were not the givers of life...and can't decide when it's our time to die, then...their power and spells over us, will be broken. Until then, they'll just keep ruling with the staff and rod!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If the NRA suggestion becomes policy and if I were a conspiracy theorist I would suggest that the stage would be set for a "good guy with a gun" school guard to be killed and set up to be the patsy for yet another school massacre.....if I was a conspiracy theorist. That would be the final nail in the coffin: then "they" would say "OK, look we tried it your way and one of the guards turned his gun on the kids so the only answer is to get rid of all of the guns!"

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
For those saying "well, we have mall security, why not schools?"

First, mall security( and others in public areas) are not there to protect you, and heaven help you if that's your belief, they are there to protect the mall and shops from theft and vandalism. Do you really believe some mall security guy is going to go head to head with a body armored, ak-47 wielding madman? I mean really, and no offense, but most mall security guards are retirees or rejects from law enforcement. Wannabees...

As for cops in schools.....perhaps that would deter a few nutjobs or lessen the body count, but again, a full body armored, multiple military grade wielding sick person isn't gonna really care. They don't plan to live and infact killing a cop would actually be a trophy worth pursuing.

The continuous american gun debate.....fight the gun problem with even more guns.

It's not guns, it's a sick/diseased culture and society, producing sick and mentally ill citizens. Fix that....
edit on 21-12-2012 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

1) Trayvon didnt have a gun. But his actions, acc to forensic reality, present someone who was very aggressive and very well could have (to a rational person anyway)
2) While we'll never know what really happened, all forensic evidence suggests Trayvon, a known violent individual, attacked a guy who was known to be protective of his neighborhood which police were unable to protect. Zimmerman's mistake was one of not thinking forward about forensics in a world that protects only thugs and criminals instead of good people.
3)In a rational society, guns protect good people from scum. In your society, guns are only for drug dealers, protected "minorities", and those who wish to kill or hurt those of any race who actually work for a living.
4) Congrats on thinking you are smart but being a major part of the movement toward the new dark ages.
5) Think critically
6) If you think you already do immediately after reading 5, you are officially a complete idiot.
7) Congrats to 99% of those that made it this far on being literate but not able to have a real thought.
8) YEAH! GUNS ARE BAD! I'M SMART! YEAH! UM, what is the Bill of Rights? DERP! DERP! COMPLETE DERP!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

While we'll never know what really happened, all forensic evidence suggests Trayvon, a known violent individual, attacked a guy who was known to be protective of his neighborhood

Really...where is this vital information that shows Trayvon was a known violent criminal?

guns protect good people from scum. In your society, guns are only for drug dealers, protected "minorities", and those who wish to kill or hurt those of any race who actually work for a living.

Guns are for those too weak to do anything without weapons..which includes criminals and you people. Your type of society does not work, yet you refuse or just ignore that fact.

Think critically

Something you really need to try yourself...

If you think you already do immediately after reading 5, you are officially a complete idiot.

If you think you actually made any kind of decent point...then umm who is the real idiot...?

YEAH! GUNS ARE BAD! I'M SMART! YEAH! UM, what is the Bill of Rights? DERP! DERP! COMPLETE DERP!

The bill of rights is an archaic document and needs updating which it has done in the past...to deal with the issues of today..ie...women rights.

All the old tired lies from gun owners do not carry weight for guns...

edit on 22-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It will only take one bad cop to prove that this is a bad idea. That is a a fact and the same goes for a teacher.

More guns on the street is not the answer to gun massacre.Only morons believe it is..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
A lot of schools already have non-armed security guards.

As well as armed cops in them.
edit on 22-12-2012 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke

Originally posted by christoph
ahem

fail

would work out fine

i can post 100 videos of cops doing nice things too
edit on 21-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

And i can post THOUSANDS saying other wise. So....the little "good" they do...washes away all the corruption?
To your comment.

ok so whats the point your trying to make? maybe i don't understand you and your ... passionate writing?

so the isolated corruption makes the every cop in the US bad guys now?

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke

Originally posted by JDmOKI

I dislike cops as much as anyone else but we have mall security, why no school security? You really think that every single cop is a totalitarian soldier out to implement martial law on every citizen? Please stop the complete ignorance in order to push your agenda. Its almost like its impossible to compromise....

Geeeee...i wish i had someone INTELLIGENT to talk to.
I wonder where mall security was...in the Oregon Mall shooting. hmmmmm They must have been "sleeping".

Agenda? hahahahahaha What friggin' agenda? Oh....i geeeeet it....i'm a gov't shill. lol

Let's here what Ben Franklin has to say: AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN...until it is absorbed through our THICK heads:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

And in english:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

hm.. i still do not get it.. what liberties are we giving up putting a few guards in schools WITH guns? you know, the thing they want to take away? i don't get you man.. maybe you should calm down before you start TYPING because you look STUPID when you DO THIS !!!!oneone!onw1

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I still don't understand your point at all. I grew up in Cleveland Ohio and my old street in now so riddled with crime I would never enter without a firearm.

Anyways, I choose the words Crazies and gangs separately cause I didn't want someone (you) twisting my words. And i do think that the gang lifestyle is one:stupid and two:crazy.

How many innocent children have been in the crossfire of gang violence? EVERY SINGLE DAY. point is MUTE Pfft. Just because you have had bad experiences with cops doesn't make it a stupid idea. I'll be scared when they are marching down my streets, not in my schools.

Learn how to have a discussion like a big boy. no need to insult people, you destroyed you own thread

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Indigo5

Perhaps because I was unaware of the same? were you aware that the same armed guard responded near immediately after a call from the custodian? Exchanged gunfire with the killers...and yet still did not stop the killings?

Or further...is it your suggestion that we assign officers who do not take lunch breaks? How about bathroom breaks? Maybe multiple officers? at what point do you also consider other ways to address the problem?

Or is it "Yay - NRA" no matter what they say?

See that! You just openly admitted that you knew the guard was on his lunch break! How convenient that you left it out of your original post!
Did I ever say the guard didn't have a right to eat his lunch? NOPE!

Hey...crazy...YOU told me he was on his lunch break in your last post and I googled up the full story to confirm? Ever do that? Researrch?

Originally posted by seeker1963
Sucks when someone points out that you have an agenda and are willing to bend the facts to fit it, doesn't it?

FYI, I am not a member of the NRA, I am a vet who took an oath to uphold the Constitution from enemies, foriegn or domestic! NUFF SAID!

Or is it YAY Obama, no matter what he says?

Geez, this last buit was BS and fluff. Not sure how to respond? You didn't answer my previous post.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join