It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut Shop Where Nancy Lanza Bought 1 Of Her Guns Raided By Feds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Connecticut Shop Where Nancy Lanza Bought 1 Of Her Guns Raided By Feds

newyork.cbslocal.com

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — CBS 2 has learned federal agents have raided an eastern Connecticut gun shop connected to the Newtown elementary school massacre.

Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, assisted by police, raided Riverview Sales at 4 Prospect Hill Road in East Windsor on Thursday evening. The store was where at least one of the guns used by Adam Lanza during the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy was purchased, reported Len Besthoff of CBS 2 sister station WFSB in Hartford
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So now they raid the gun shop to get evidence of what? Was it a illegal gun sale? Is the owner making illegal sales. He was just quoted in the news talking about how he sold them the gun that was probably used to kill the little children. But it seems he has also been running into problems with people trying to steal guns from his shop. Mentally ill people trying to steal guns from his shop? Could it be he just got caught trying to sneak a deal with a mentally ill person?

newyork.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
windsorlocks.patch.com...

Police: Man Stole Weapons from East Windsor Gun Shop Because He Was Being "Teased" at Work
Jordan Marsh, 26, of South Windsor has mental health issues, according to one family member.
The weekend arrest of a mentally ill man who had been stockpiling weapons has some believing that another potential tragedy akin to the one in Newtown was averted.

Jordan Marsh, 26, whose most recent address was 485 King St. in South Windsor, is facing a litany of charges after allegedly attempting to steal a long rifle from an East Windsor gun store last Saturday.

Marsh, who until recently lived with his father and stepmother, had previously received a two-year suspended sentence after it was discovered in June 2011 that he had stolen 12 firearms from the same gun store, Riverview Sales

So he stole 12 guns from the same gun store? He did not steal them all at once but at separate times. Now I would have to say I doubt he was able to do this over and over.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hmmmm, something to keep an eye on for sure. No reason for a raid if nothing hinky was going on, other than to try to make it look like "they are doing something" for the masses of zombies.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
But it gets better.

IIn 2007, Riverview Sales owner David E. Laguercia notified the federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives that 33 guns were missing from his store, according to a Hartford Courant story. Of those 33 guns, 28 were recovered when police searched the home of Brian H. McClelland, who was a frequent customer of the store and helped out on occasion, the Courant reported.

Carl said that the store’s owners were not aware that the weapons had been taken until they told by police.

You don't know 33 guns are missing in your store? I think he had to be making back room deals with people who could not pass the screening. I think he kept dodging the charges by letting others take the fall for his black market deals.
edit on 20-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Woah, what the hell?! How does one steal not one gun, but over twenty guns? Something isn't adding up at all...... Either this place had lax security, and guns stolen are covered by some kind of insurance or..... I don't know what the other choice can be. Being sold under the table then reported stolen?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That is almost 50 guns and there is still a third case that is involved with the investigation. I am not seeing the third case yet. I say it is black market gun sales and when they showed up on his door step from tracing the guns he just said I did not know they were missing although he sold them under the table.
edit on 20-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I don't see how that would be possible.
I don't know any gun stores around here where one gun wouldn't be noticed missing at the end of the day, let alone this number.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Something is fishy for sure. Even if say they were "cheap guns", that is a whole lot of lost money for a store to not know about......

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I guess there website is even down.

www.riverviewsales.net...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

A 50 caliber sniper rifle.
That is not some thing you can just run out the door with or hide under your shirt.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow this is quite interesting. I bet he was complicit in the thefts somehow, ya`'ll are right that doesn't seem possible.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I would have a hard time believeing a gun shop owner wouldn't notice 5 guns missing, but 33?

Even if they were cheap guns you're still talking about thousands of dollars.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Definantly seems like this shop was selling guns "under the table".

One incident, 33 guns "missing"....the store dosent know they are missing until the police tell them....

Another incident, 12 guns "missing"

How on earth could you not notice you have a ton of missing guns in your store? Does the store not do inventory or even keep track of their own guns in the store?
edit on 20-12-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

How many gun sales do you need to make, so that that many missing isn't even an impact? It's got to be a lot to make 33 seem insignificant. I don't see how a store can stay in business let alone not notice that much inventory just poof, gone. I really just can't wrap my head around how they were able to keep the license to sell guns.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Sounds like they need to get Eric Holder on the case. He knows a little about black market guns. This gets more bizarre every day.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Eric Holder is going to be in Connecticut tomorrow I believe.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
People walking in the door of a gun shop need to be id by computer data base
to photo scan data base. If not on, walk out the door.

As for theft in store must be dealt with but also when store is locked up.
I would like to be on the panel specking out the design and operation of shops.
Locks on everything.

Even armories have theft and break ins.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
regardless of the gun thefts, the reason the feds raided was to get the yellow sheets and all other purchase information and receipts on the supposed used guns, and to make sure they had every copy

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by JBA2848

Woah, what the hell?! How does one steal not one gun, but over twenty guns? Something isn't adding up at all...... Either this place had lax security, and guns stolen are covered by some kind of insurance or..... I don't know what the other choice can be. Being sold under the table then reported stolen?

exactly! how does one steal that many guns without setting off alarms getting caught on camera or even better not getting shot?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-12-2012 by JustgibberisH because: embedded video did not show. so this link will do

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join