It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amish School shooting has became a target of mind manipulation from the Discovery Channel. Is Ne

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
But then there is the other side of the story. Now lets take a mass shooting incident not long ago. The Amish school shooting in 2006.
en.wikipedia.org...

On 2 October 2006, a shooting occurred at the West Nickel Mines School, an Amish one-room schoolhouse in the Old Order Amish community of Nickel Mines, a village in Bart Township of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.[1][2][3] Gunman Charles Carl Roberts IV took hostages and shot ten girls (aged 6–13), killing five, before committing suicide in the schoolhouse.[1][2][3][4] The emphasis on forgiveness and reconciliation in the response of the Amish community was widely discussed in the national media. The West Nickel Mines School was torn down, and a new one-room schoolhouse, the New Hope School, was built at another location.

OK so now we know what the Amish school shooting was. Let us take a look at some mind manipulation in the media that you yourself might have seen and said something strange about that program. And the channel I will bring up is one million of people watch mindlessly under the idea they will learn something knew or fascinating. That channel is the Discovery Channel. It makes you think you will discover something of interest or learn something just by the name.

And let us take a look at the show the Amish Mafia. And how it is BS if you know anything about the Amish. The Amish do not drive brand new pickup trucks, use cell phones , use state of the art military style weapons, video cameras, DVD players or even the Plasma TV they have on the show. No they drive horse and buggy. And the whole thought of revenge or vigilantism the Amish Mafia show pushes is against there religion or beliefs.

Now back to the Amish Shooting it was done by a person just on the outside of the Amish community. Strange that is just what these people shooting this TV show are. People just outside of the Amish community who are trying to use the Amish for propaganda TV show. They use the Amish as if they are not even human just some thing to be used for profit as if they were an object of some kind. And they push the idea that every body should be vigilante and buy military weapons. They push you invade on other peoples privacy and spy on them. And they teach you that a whole community of people the Amish should be used and exploited if it will make you money.

Here is the website for the Amish Mafia.
dsc.discovery.com...

How is that for mind manipulation?
edit on 20-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yup, from the moment I first heard about it I thought - Amish Mafia - sounds like an oxymoron to me.
Saw one episode and laughed my @$$ off, I grew up close enough to an Amish community that I used to swim with them in a local lake.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I didn't know about the Amish mass shooting in 2006. I can't believe the Amish are affected by these tragedies. We truly do live in a crazy world.

I can't believe that show exists
. And you're right, the Amish don't drive automobiles but they do use battery powered things like cell phones and PSP's. But those "Amish" on that silly show aren't what I would call real Amish and it's really shameful Discover Channel is airing this crap. It's literally trash TV. So I would agree to the idea of this show being played for manipulative reasons.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As someone who was born, raised & lives in Lancaster I can assure you the "Amish Mafia" is so fake it makes Ghost Hunters look real. Everyone I've spoken to who lives here agrees... but it's Entertainment, you can't take it seriously.
When the shooting at the school-house happened, it was a pretty sad time for people here, especially a family member of mine who works closely with the Amish community. Our local news station WGAL featured a story about local EMS workers who were at the scene that day on the Friday when Sandy Hook happened, too much saddness

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I would like to say that I live in Erie, Pa, close to Amish country. I've seen my fair share of the Amish riding horse and buggy. I also have to Say that I've also have witnessed them driving into town in pickup trucks and paying cash for groceries and using Cell phones, mind you, wearing the "classic" Amish garb.

Soo, Yes, they don't always stay away from electronics or what not, quit stereotyping.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I haven't seen the show, but I had seen commercials for it. Immediately I wondered about it of course. I was thinking the Amish wouldn't use semi autos because it's too many moving parts/machine. Nothing about it sounded like the Amish. Can anyone tell me what the show is actually about? Like, what are these, obviously not Amish, "mafia" fellows doing?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Are you sure you are not looking at Menonites? They dress identical but can use cars and some machines.
Amish do not. It is not stereotyping. I think maybe you are confused, it is part of their religion so of course it's not stereo typing.
edit on 22-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You're right, I could be wrong but I've seen enough and I know that a lot of broke from their beliefs to fit into "mainstream" to survive. Such as buying propane for fuel or even buying power tools for building. Nonetheless, The Stereotypical Amish rarely exists now a days. They tend not to use modern technology but sometimes it is needed. Crawford County PA, lower Erie County PA and south and east from there and you'll see I'm right. Many of times Ive been behind a horse and buggy and months later see the same people shopping at Erie County Farms.

ETA: the woman are beautiful, it's a shame they cover themselves up.
edit on 22-12-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Watch a couple of videos and you tell me are these mind manipulation?
Anti gun or really pro gun?

Make you think video games are worse then Amish Mafia TV show?But how many have seen this video game?And how many watch TV?

And then you even have the news trying to push the show as real. But then they also say it is fake. Which is it?They are pushing the newest product a corporation has paid them to!

edit on 22-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How about the very actor from the show pushing crazy ideas for a show to Fox in 2005?

alan beiler Says: September 21st, 2005 at 1:42 pm Amish Reality Show-”Vie Bisht” I wanna give you a little bit about my background. I was born in Brooklyn but I was adopted by an Amish-Mennonite family when I was very young. Along the way I learned how to speak the Amish language Pennsylvania Dutch. I grew up having alot of Amish friends, which really comes in handy now because they want to help me with my show. Normally, Amish people wouldn’t go on camera but because I have alot of friends and know their language, I have plenty of Amish who will do it. Some freak out so much that I’m this black guy that speaks Dutch, they can’t help but get involved. So here are some of my show ideas. 1. Interview Amish about current affairs, sports, war, gas prices, etc. 2. Ask them about secular things for ex. -What does drop it like it’s hot mean to you? -What does ghetto fab mean to you? -Would you put 20″ rims on your buggy? (These are just a few of the questions on my list. We interviewed this Amish guy who, when we asked him the ” drop it like it’s hot question”, said, “Does it mean that if you’re holding a piece of hot coal and it’s too hot you drop it?”) 3. Amish have different bands that play. I’d like to follow the band around and document it. I also want a segment sort of like Making the Band. Have them audition to be in a band. 4. Have a segment where they freestyle rap. Have them battle eachother also. 5. English vs. Amish kids. Compare/ contrast their toys, behavior and way of life. 6. Amish Idol. Have people compete. 7. Film Amish parties- their night life 8. Pimp My Buggy- Put spinners on the wheels, install tv’s, install sound systems, put hydraulics, make a drop-top roof. 9. Hottest Amish rides. Have the bikes, cars, trucks, and suv’s that the young Amish drive. Some of the Amish kids drive Escalades with spinners and so forth. 10. Follow Amish sports- hockey, baseball, football, donkey-baseball (this is like baseball but instead of running around the bases, you have to ride on a donkey.) 11. Have celebrities interview the Amish. It would be funny to see Snoop Dogg doing a segment called “Ask the Amish”. 12. Do a segment where an English family (means non-Amish) would live with an Amish family and adapt to their ways. 13.Have regular people live in a house and dress amish and obey there rules. 14.We have reagular people live in a house like amish,no electic no tv ect.They also must drive buggys.Basicly live exactly like amish people. These are just some of my ideas.There are alot of different ideas for each point thank you and i hope to hear from you asap Alan Beiler [email protected] Thank You

realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com...

top topics

join