It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cerberus Capital, Owner Of Gun Manufacturer Freedom Group, Will Sell Off All Assets In Firearms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Cerberus Capital, Owner Of Gun Manufacturer Freedom Group, Will Sell Off All Assets In Firearms

www.huffingtonpost.com

Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity firm that owns a stake in Bushmaster, the gun manufacturer that produced the rifle used in the massacre of students and teachers at an elementary school in Connecticut, announced early Tuesday that it intends to sell that investment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is a somewhat interesting, yet fortelling move by Cerberus. They're in the business of making money, not friends.

They were the same company that owned Chrysler before it went to Fiat, and then into bankruptcy.

If the notion amid all of this gun ban chatter that sales will skyrocket in the short-term or at least until the sale of these firearms is halted through legislation is true, they're either walking away from a whack of profit, or they know something we don't.

I'm thinking it is more the latter as their annual sales to date as of September are up more than $100 million this year over last.

Are they getting out to bolster the bottom line in the bank of Public Opinion, or are they doing it to bolster the bottom line going forward?

I guess only time will tell.

www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When you consider that the people who invest through Cerberus are members of Congress, bankers and Corporate hot shots maybe they know something the rest of us don't?
Far too often these people have inside information of coming events that stand to make them a great deal of money. If they're bailing then gun sales will plummet for some reason.
People are buying like crazy now.
New assault weapons ban is coming........

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It will also be interesting to see what other entities divest themselves of their holdings in firearms production.

According to a Huffington Post survey of public databases, several of the nation's largest teachers' retirement systems -- including those in California, New York and Texas -- hold tens of millions of dollars worth of stock in two publicly traded gun manufacturers, Sturm, Ruger & Co. and Smith & Wesson Holding Corp.

The largest stockholders in Sturm Ruger include The Vanguard Group, one of the nation's largest 401(k) providers, and Black Rock Inc., which own more than 5 percent and 7 percent of the company's stock, respectively. Black Rock also has a 5 percent stake in Smith & Wesson Holding Corp

Source

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
A private equity firm.... The same kind as Bain. The same kind as Goldman Sachs has within it's portfolio if there isn't some connection there outright. It wouldn't surprise me these days.

If I were conspiracy minded, I might just note that there is some apparent coordination beyond pure public reaction to a tragedy happening here. The number and breadth of commercial/market entities moving against the gun industry almost overnight in near literal terms (think..in business days? That's literally true..overnight) is starting to become very noticeable.

We've had mass shootings before as a nation. There have been tragedies before and worse than this in some ways. Equal to it, if comparisons would be used at all. The only thing different in this one to warrant the movement of money in the mega millions or more ranges is that Politicians came out, literally the same day the shootings happened, with an absolute determination to finish something started in the early 90's for a political agenda.

Obviously, the market is either getting some strong nudging from political directions to get with the program and help with the move .....or they are taking the politicians at their word that it's really going to be done this time, no matter what. That's what I'm taking from all this.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was reading en expose last year about George Soros that claimed he was behind the gun company purchases.

So it appears that elections aren't the only rigged thing in todays landscape.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Capital equity wise, firearms manufacturers are the tobacco companies of the 2010s.

Decreased defence spending, upcoming lawsuits against them and likely to be seeing laws that restrict what they can sell... only an idiot would be holding stock in a gun company these days.

Not a moral decision -- a rational investment one.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
......And then repurchase it with the double the shares under their new DBA.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

I suppose a lot of people are going to lose money

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
How are mentally disturbed young men being identified and set up to be the patsy in domestic covert actions designed for 'problem-reaction-solution' programming of lawmakers and the general public in order to further the 'New World Order' agenda?

Early reports from Sandy Hook mentioned two or multiple shooters involved. This was reduced to one 'lone nut' as was the case in Aurora and many, many cases going all the way back to the original 'lone nut' in modern history: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Covert actions are usually set up in ways that one 'lone nut' (who fits the profile) is blamed and then it's an open and quickly shut case, case closed. This m.o. has been done successfully for years, RFK hit, MLK hit, mass shootings, John Lennon hit, you name it. As soon as lawmakers and the public are satisfied that the 'lone nut' in the media did it all by his lonesome, the secret agenda moves forward. Even in the case of 9/11, Osama bin Laden emerged quickly as the media's 'lone nut' just as Saddam Hussein had been the 'lone nut' who gave the USA 'no choice' but to invade Iraq and in so doing make the military-industrial complex and defense contractors much wealthier in the process.

I don't have any evidence that Sandy Hook was a covert op. But I do not rule it out, seeing as there is now such a big push to ban at least some types of firearms.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Retail outlets are starting . . .

Dick's Sporting Goods, one of the largest sporting goods retailers in the world, says it has removed all guns from its store nearest to Newtown, Connecticut, and is suspending the sale of certain kinds of semi-automatic rifles from its chains nationwide

Source

Also today, Walmart announced it no longer will sell the Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine M4A3 Rifle through its online store

Another source

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Add Cheaper Than Dirt to the list and I expect many more to follow . This is not going to end well !

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

www.huffingtonpost.com

Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity firm that owns a stake in Bushmaster, the gun manufacturer that produced the rifle used in the massacre of students and teachers at an elementary school in Connecticut, announced early Tuesday that it intends to sell that investment.

My rational non-conspiratorial hat: Obviously rational public relations move for a company that doesn't want to in the middle of a political fire-storm after a truly gruesome tragedy.

My not-so-rational "out of the box" conspiracy hat: A company that was involved with providing the necessary weaponry to several "pre-programmed" (or whatever) shooters has completed its mission (whatever that is) as a dummy company and can now be dissolved.

edit on 18-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
These guns range from $600 and up. Trust me, by 2013 they will all be selling Bushmasters again. But for now go buy yourself an Colt, Rock River Arms, Smith and Wesson, DPMS, Sig, or any of the other 10's of AR platforms by other manufacturers.

Or I could start linking builds people have done of 3D printed lowers, or home made AK47 lowers made from shovels.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
One of the executives at Cerberus was also a executive with the shooters father at GE. The father makes around a million dollars a year as the tax policy director for GE. I say there is insider trading going on with first hand knowledge of the investigation.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Academy also just joined the list of no guns . I wish I could create a new post about all the major sporting good chains bailing out .

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

well on wall mart i bought a patrolman carbine yesterday so i know they are still selling them in store,and even if you look at the wallmart sites they always have said(for last 3 years atleast) you have to come into the store to buy your weapon anyways so i dont see much changing on that front,dont know any thing about dicks sporting goods as we dont have one in my area but ill see if i can find anything

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Now is a great time to learn the trade of gun smithing... wonder where I can do so...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It makes bot PR sense and business sense as many previous posters have pointed out.

I'd like to add, that the firearms industry has experienced explosive growth over the past four years. The business of Cerberus is after all to make money. Now is the time for Cerberus to monetize the gains they've made since their initial investment because the future for that business is much less certain.

Cerberus is very politically connected and you don't have to be a Conspiracy Theorist to think that they might be making this decision based on inside political connections.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The father of Stephen A. Feinberg of Cerberus Martin Feinberg lives in the small town of Newtown Ct,

www.sltrib.com...

So the owners of the company Cerberus that owned the manufacturer of the firearm had lots of ties to the small town.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join