It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It may be just me, but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have been reading articles and watching news clips about the various events occurring in the world today and I have to say that I have exactly ZERO faith in humanity (Americans, specifically) at the moment.

Watching/reading hundreds of millions of American citizens following the lead of the news media after the events in Connecticut, clamoring (essentially) for dictatorship in the United States.

The people listen to the opinions of celebrities (people who, for the most part have absolutely no clue what life is like for the vast majority of Us) regarding politics, economy, constitutional law and morality.

Politicians pull the strings and make the people dance like little marionettes, and it would appear that the people are enjoying it.

I'm not going to bother chastising or stoking a debate, I simply wanted to say that maybe at this point, true dictatorship and removal of rights and privacy is what is needed for the American people to wake up from this media-induced coma that they currently reside in.

Maybe once the true removal of rights has taken place, and the people are forced to truly be as helpless as they think that they are, an awakening can occur. Maybe it is going to require the people, who have lived in the bosom of prosperity for the better part of their lives, to lose all autonomy, to be dictated to directly as to how they will be allowed to live, rather than having it hinted at and pushed through the talking heads in the media in order to get the people to do things willingly that they normally wouldn't do at all; will they realize that which they have not only lost, but given up freely.

You can follow whichever tenets of belief that you have, be they theistic, atheistic, or anything in between. One thing that is truly universal is suffering, and perhaps it is going to be through real suffering that people can finally open their eyes to the hypocrisy and tyranny that surrounds them and closes in.

History is a great learning tool; it displays the folly of man for all to see. Unfortunately, the further removed the current generation gets from those lessons, the less they understand the true meanings of them. They get distorted, misinterpreted and forgotten. It's going to take more of these horrible periods in history to prod the people awake again, if only for a short time.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Come on dude all the bad stuff sells papers/ ad space, I said in another thread today that many many good things happen everyday but they do not get reported.
Doesn't matter where you are from deep down humanity is good..I do see it everyday do not lose hope in us all eh?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

While I understand that angle, that "bad stuff" is being used to control the people. Social Engineering.

***EDIT***
I do not subscribe to the belief that mankind is inherently good, either.
edit on 12/17/2012 by ProfessorChaos because: typo and post-script

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

i am an american and i do not agree with any of what is going on, however i am just a small percentage in the entire populous of this country, and it does seem that the majority of these brain dead fools are eating every last bite of feces that the media and us government are feeding them, and they are asking for seconds.

so as an "aware" american citizen all i can do from my part, is prepare for the worst while me and about another 10% of the "awake" U.S population get dragged along for the ride straight down the gutter

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I was thinking of posting an article "Are Liberals Delusional" citing a number of current day events and events in our lifetimes where government-sanctioned officials have mass-murdered civilians and they "world leaders" have done nothing. I don't suspect it would be hard to find. Assad is a perfect example, both him and his father murdered tens of thousands of civilians.

We have example of authorities in the United States taking their 'mandates' a little too far and treating civilians as sub-human animals.

Its for that reason we have guns. Because the worst of humanity reveres power and they seek it out in the halls of government. It isn't a question of whether we'll be subject to another Hitler again, but when. Liberals believe we are beyond war, beyond inhumanity while at the same time calling for the murder of innocent women and children that disagree with them.

They are delusional, no question. They live in a world that exists solely in their own minds.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure even a full blown 1984 scenario would do it. I think we're done for, and the fat lady is singing as I type this. Not very positive and uplifting I know, but I don't feel very positive right now. Truth is, I feel a bit gloom and doom about the whole mess.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

The more of your posts that I see, the more convinced I become that You and I should have a beer together.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

First round is on me, bro.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The more of your posts that I see, the more convinced I become that You and I should have a beer together.

Peace

top topics

join