It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Large Hadron Collider Shut Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well. looks like there's one less thing to worry about for awhile!

"End of operation for 2012"
Not sure what they meant with" So long and thanks for all the fish", but done for this year!

vistar-capture.web.cern.ch...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Feel better already!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now that all those civilian scientists are out of the way, we can begin some real work.

Set up the Collider for test Mil X2, Death ray test no 2.

Ah, love the smell of burnt ozone in the morning!

Still feel safe do we?

P

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
OK, I'm confused. I thought they were beginning a major test tomorrow that would run all week and end on 12.21.12?!?!?!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And, OP, don't know if you were kidding or not, but So Long and thanks for all the Fish was the 4th book in the Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series;

From Wiki: "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "series" written by Douglas Adams. Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass, as described in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The phrase has since been adopted by some science fiction fans as a humorous way to say "goodbye" and a song of the same name was featured in the 2005 film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

Don't forget your towel!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here you go, in case you want to know what the thanks for all the fish reference is:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
DON'T PANIC!
edit on 16-12-2012 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Basically by adding the 'and thanks for all the fish' reference. They're saying that the world is going to end.
They obviously know something we don't
edit on 16-12-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"So long and thanks for all the fish" is just a funny way of saying bye. I've heard it used by sci-fi fans before.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to the fact that they're going to spend the next couple of years turbocharging that baby so they can hit dang near 8 trillion electron volts instead of the rinky dink 4 trillion they've been running at .

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
"So long and thanks for all the fish" is just a funny way of saying bye. I've heard it used by sci-fi fans before.

Silly human...it's a movie reference, it's up to you to google and figure the rest out...lol

top topics

join