It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again - Gun Bans are on the way

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by seabag

Good, it was about friggin time

Wrong. Fail.
This will never happen.
And this wouldn't solve the problem.

Who care about assault rifles? In my opinion we could do without.

However, guns in general will never and could never be banned in the US.
You just couldn't physically pull it off.

Wrong. Fail.

It's this "who cares about assault rifles?" attitude that will get us all in the end. You DO know that your deer rifle is just a high-speed sniper rifle, right? maybe that should go, too. And your duck hunting shotgun? Just another room-broom for house-to-house combat. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. They're not going to stop at those "evil black rifles" - those are just the tip of the iceberg, the wedge to drive in to split off ALL the guns in the end.

"Who cares about assault rifles?" You'd better - even if you're of the misguided opinion that the Second Amendment is only about duck hunting.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Shouldn't the focus be on laws proscribing security measures for schools?? Why should any school be easier to get in to than an airliner? Or bank vault? Or typical NY office building?

YES, Sport! STAR! I sincerely believe that when some fed shows up wanting to
do a FEMA drill in your school, bolt the door and call the County Sheriff to report
a trespasser! For your second point, how did some big kid in black bling who was
alegedly just the son of a substitute get buzzed in in the first place?? Like maybe
it didn't go down that way.
And I don't know what bank you frequent that normally allows every/anyone into the
vault unless they're doing maintenance on their tray or the vault. And for the former
I had to show them everything except my blood type.
I'm all for a law effective on 1/1/13 that strictly prohibits any government agency from
doing psychological and/or medical experiments on the general public without their
fully informed knowledge AND consent... because I think we're already all cooked
through now. Stick a fork in me... you'll need a sharp one.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

But we wont. Cuz this is 'Merica. We like guns. We have a logical need for high capacity military style weapons

I have yet to hear one single person come up with even a remotely logical reason why they need a high-cap AR-15. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON.

1) The Zombie Apocalypse.

2) You just never know when you may be overrun by a rampaging horde of maniacally murderous rabbits. One even attacked Jimmy Carter as I recall... is nothing sacred?

3) Some people are simply lazy, and don't want to go to the extra effort of reloading every single time they want to make it go BANG!

4) But the number one, over-riding reason for people to have "assault rifles" is to keep OTHER people (with REAL assault rifles!) from taking them away!

Personally, I'm not about to buy yet another fake assault rifle. The way I figure it, I'll be able to acquire a REAL one off of one of the corpses lining the streets if it ever comes to that. If it comes to that, it really won't matter how illegal assault rifles are, there are going to be plenty of them just laying around. Just ask a Viet Cong how he got his M-16, or a US Cav trooper where he got that snazzy Chinese Type 56 rifle he posed in the pictures with.

Happens that way all over the world, in every war ever fought.The US ain't special, and it would be no different here. Go ahead - make 'em illegal, and let us know how that works out in the end.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by seabag

You just wait while obama and his legal boys have some brain storming in his oval office. With little luck we can look forward to a 2013 that makes it very painful economically or otherwise to be a gun owner.

You are either a fool or an idiot, since you think so highly of Obama I guess it would be the latter!
All you are trying to do is make those against additional gun regulation mad, you are simply a troll with nothing worth reading to add to this so, why don't you take your "I want someone to take care of me!" attitude elsewhere?
By the way, there is a reason people like you don't receive many stars so think about it!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Halfwayline
Coming from the UK it is hard to understand why 80% of the US have a gun. In 2008 there were 39 murders by firearms here and over 9,000 in the USA. Yes you are five times bigger in population but that would make our figure 195 in comparison.

Even our regular Police Officers do not carry a gun. There is a trained Armed Division which in London gets called out twice a day but rarely fires a weapon in anger.

What worries me is that if someone in the US has an argument with someone, has a few drinks then decides to use a gun against him a murder could easily arrise. The worst that could happen here is that a brick is thrown through their window or someone gets into a fist fight over the argument. The temptation to use your gun in the US seems too great?

You are a nation of sheep, and you really don't know what being free is, in fact with all the cameras keeping tabs on you I guess it's better you are letting the 'government' tell you what to do!
Here is a little story, when you guys were getting your asses (or arses to you) kicked by Hitler, the United States wasn't into the war yet bailing you out so as a kind jester the NRA asked members to give some of our guns to the UK to help arm your struggling nation. Hunters and sportsmen and women gave the UK millions of dollars worth of prized rifles and never received (or asked for) any payment. So, what does the UK do after the war to keep these out of the hands of the Brits? They don't return them, no..... they take the out into the ocean and dump them!! I guess they just don't trust you guys!

Hmmmm... check out this video from your fellow countrymen:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What we MUST do is focus on getting mentally ill people the help they need, therapy and medication needs to be made more readily available to them. Therapy and medication are incredibly expensive, even with insurance. If you are unable to hold a job because you don't have the medication to help you do so, how on earth are you going to get better/feel better? It is a vicious circle. This is where it needs to begin, not by freaking out and blaming inanimate objects (guns) for killing people.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There's no way they can ban guns.
They can stop producing them, stop selling them, but what about the guns already in people's homes?
What are they gonna do, come knock on everyone's door and say 'Guns please?'
I don't think so, and if they do there will be revolts.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Your pathetic slandering of ALL gun owners shows you are incapable of making any rational argument for your cause.

you FAIL

edit on 18-12-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If you have been brought up in a society (UK) where guns (for all intents & purposes) do not exist why invent them? Yes all 800,000 farmers are allowed to own a gun. That is where the Cumberland mass murderer got his. Crooks do not use them as the penalties if caught with one can be 15 years. Fake guns treated the same as real ones. And as the Canadian poster above has said we too are not allowed to carry a knife with a long blade. Many people have a Baseball bat for personal protection although the sport is not really played here. Police will ask you why you have a bat in your car. Some Police forces do have Tazers, other say there is a risk if someone with a poor heart is hit with one.

I can understand if a US household wants to keep one hand gun in case an intruder comes to attack them but what possible need is there for a person to have muliple automatic machine guns?

Do people actually keep guns to use against the Government. That is bizzare.

Of course many people can not be trusted with a gun. The temptation to shoot someone who has done you wrong is too high.

edit on 18-12-2012 by Halfwayline because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoLuminous
There's no way they can ban guns.
They can stop producing them, stop selling them, but what about the guns already in people's homes?
What are they gonna do, come knock on everyone's door and say 'Guns please?'
I don't think so, and if they do there will be revolts.

My sister in Australia tells me that the Government banned gun ownership and paid compensation for every one handed in. People got $5,000 fine if found to have a gun.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Halfwayline because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How are mentally disturbed young men being identified and set up to be the patsy in domestic covert actions designed for 'problem-reaction-solution' programming of lawmakers and the general public in order to further the 'New World Order' agenda?

Early reports from Sandy Hook mentioned two or multiple shooters involved. This was reduced to one 'lone nut' as was the case in Aurora and many, many cases going all the way back to the original 'lone nut' in modern history: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Covert actions are usually set up in ways that one 'lone nut' (who fits the profile) is blamed and then it's an open and quickly shut case, case closed. This m.o. has been done successfully for years, RFK hit, MLK hit, mass shootings, John Lennon hit, you name it. As soon as lawmakers and the public are satisfied that the 'lone nut' in the media did it all by his lonesome, the secret agenda moves forward. Even in the case of 9/11, Osama bin Laden emerged quickly as the media's 'lone nut' just as Saddam Hussein had been the 'lone nut' who gave the USA 'no choice' but to invade Iraq and in so doing make the military-industrial complex and defense contractors much wealthier in the process.

I don't have any evidence that Sandy Hook was a covert op. But I do not rule it out, seeing as there is now such a big push to ban at least some types of firearms.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Official figures issued last week show that only 45% of London's population are "White British". You can only imagine what would happen if every minority group in the city decide to have firearms to protect themselves against their enemies. Similar to Northern Ireland.

The Turks would hit the Greeks. Pakistans would kill Indians, Each religious group would form armed gangs. It would be like the film Escape from New York.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
For the first time this week, I wonder if I might wade into the argument with a little conspiracy of my own. It has long been said that a Government cannot control an armed populace. Now with that in mind, the fabled Majestic12 raises its head and I think quite ominously in light of current events.

The worst contingency plan has also been implemented and is at work right now. For many years now they have been importing drugs and selling them to the people and mainly the poor and minorities. Social welfare programs were put into place to create a dependent non-working element of our society. They began to remove the social welfare programs in order to develop a large criminal class that did not exist in the 50's and early 60's. They encouraged the manufacture and importation of deadly military firearms for the criminal element to use. This was intended to foster a feeling of insecurity which would lead the American people to voluntarily disarm themselves by passing laws against firearms. Incidents were to be staged to speed up the process. By using drugs and hypnosis in a process called Orion on mental patients the CIA inculcated the desire in these people to open fire on school yards and inflame the anti-gun lobby. This plan is well underway and so far is working as planned. This plan must not succeed

see old thread for more on Majestic12
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I'm not saying that I believe it all, but the above paragraph and the one below certainly seems rather coincidental to me and I don't believe in coincidences.

How many people do you think would give up their guns if there was an amnesty declared like there was here in the UK for knives, if they felt strongly enough due to media pressure etc that it would keep their children safe? Once they had been brainwashed sufficiently that their Government was doing all it could to tackle the "problem" and to keep the citizens safe so these things never happened again?

Due to the wave of crime sweeping the nation they will convince the American people a state of anarchy exists within the major cities. They are now building their case almost nightly on TV and daily in newspapers. When public opinion has been won over to this idea they intend to state that a terrorist group armed with a nuclear weapon has entered the United States and that they plan to detonate this device in one of our cities. The government will then suspend the Constitution and declare Martial Law.

Now whilst the above quote may seem a little extreme, didn't we all think TPTB would never ever do something like 911 and all the other atrocities assassinations & invasions they have been found guilty of? When you also add Agenda 21 into the mix....nothing seems impossible or too extreme for those in the driving seat of power. If they want something to happen it will happen regardless and it will happen slowly over time until we are used to it and it becomes the norm. That's how most governments on this planet work, create an atmosphere of fear to pass unpopular legislation for which the people will be sooooo grateful that their government is on their side and understands the fear, and if the Government spin doctors are particularly good you will find the people themselves will be the ones arguing for tighter control/legislation etc. Wonderful system!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"So This Is How Liberty Dies...With Thunderous Applause"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Halfwayline

This is the second time I have read this UK BS,more people are murdered in non firearms deaths there than in America,the murder rate hasnt changed a darn bit just the methods.

And youtube the JFK murder and get educated,that murder is being solved online and in the peoples court and it looks like there may have been a coup de tat,do you understand what that means?????You preach as if the government is god and is perfect and is lawfull in all they ever do and is an accurate representation of what the people want.

Wake up,any government that does not use internet voting to PROVE what the people are saying they want is NOT representative at all in any way,truth is now available and it looks like a lot of governments are getting kicked in the cojones like they deserve to be kicked until they clean up the bad apples who are EVERYWHERE,the old guard needs to be routed out because they cheated to get into power wether you know it or like it or not.mainstream media is privately owned and operated and manipulated,the internet is the first TRUTH you have seen in your entire life.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I only heard one jounalist mention the knife attack at a school in China that happened on the same day (as part of a discussion on the Sandy Hook tragedy). Not only could an assailant use knives (granted with a smaller body count) but he could have used a ball peen hammer and molotov cocktails and still had killed as many students (and they would have died more horrifically).

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I bet the Iraqis and Afghanis would like to ban guns from our troops in their respective countries also.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
reply to post by Halfwayline

This is the second time I have read this UK BS,more people are murdered in non firearms deaths there than in America,the murder rate hasnt changed a darn bit just the methods..

2011 Homicide rates;

UK 1.2 murders per 100,000 population

USA 4.2 murders per 100,000 population

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-12-2012 by Halfwayline because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

It is what it is! Obama is primed and ready to fulfill his NWO agenda and ban guns.

This BS always has the opposite affect….you fools!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Uhhh... after a friend of mine was invaded by a group people posing as people from a cable company, she eventually picked up an AR15. People can be messed up, seriously. I don't even need to make up the details for you to get how effed up the whole thing was. What ever it is your thinking happened, your most likely right.
So please, don't go about pretending that terrible circumstances in life and death circumstances are exclusively 1v1 encounters.
edit on 17-12-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

Another example of, a gun hater being one mugging from owning a gun? Sorry to hear and hope she is ok

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join