It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart Warming: Pakistani children light candles for CT. victims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I always love to see this kind of stuff! It goes to show we are ALL the same inside. We all all bleed red, and love will over come ALL. Peace.

edit on 15-12-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
I always love to see this kind of stuff! It goes to show we are ALL the same inside. We all all bleed red, and love will over come ALL. Peace.
Ps can someone please embed this for me, I am unsure how to, Thanks in advance

i.imgur.com...
ETA: Wow, cool nevermind I figured it out!

edit on 15-12-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

I agree with you.Thank you for posting this.So many things get coverage and space on the TV and internet that something like this might go unnoticed and I know there are many tensions in the world,but there is still also decency,love and compassion.S+F

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this.

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
thats sad. after all the death that has brought to them , they make an act of kindness to us for something that would probably be considered a peaceful day over there. im glad a drone operator didnt mistake them lighting candles for fuses.

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
For a Pakistani's thoughts on an American Tradgedy see above ^

For an American's thoughts on a Pakistani Tradgedy see below

I don't care, just as they don't care about us. We got our own problems to worry about. Are you serious? You think that we should be really concerned about a bunch of civilians dead in a terrorrist attack in Pakistan?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think this also shows that no matter what god/gods you worship, love and human emotion is what connects us all. An energy MUCH more powerful than anything else we know.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
For a Pakistani's thoughts on an American Tradgedy see above ^

For an American's thoughts on a Pakistani Tradgedy see below

I don't care, just as they don't care about us. We got our own problems to worry about. Are you serious? You think that we should be really concerned about a bunch of civilians dead in a terrorrist attack in Pakistan?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It just confirms what I already thought. But of course not all Americans thinks like our brilliant compassionate friend hammanderr., thank god.

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am humbled as we all should be.

These people have next to nothing to hope for in their daily lives and yet reach out to the innocent deaths of others.

They know the tragedy of innocent children being killed first hand.

Peace

edit on 15-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Religion is used to divide and conquer. Human kind is our only true common factor. We'd do well to remember that we are all equal human beings.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Now THAT touched my heart. After seeing all the pictures of all the children and staff that lost their lives appearing on my FB feed all day, this made me smile. Thank you for sharing.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Amazing, and heart warming. Thank you for sharing.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Too bad we dont feel their pain. Theres so much blood on our hands...

The day 69 children died

LONDON: It is one of the worst incidents of the entire drones campaign, yet one of the least reported. A CIA strike on a madrassa or religious school in 2006 killed up to 69 children, among 80 civilians.

This is not an isolated incident.

edit on 16-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
So how many people believe these children took the time to write that message and light those candles?

Honestly tired of seeing these photo ops and having people get "touched" by them.
If you ask me they are nothing more then staged pictures to make people feel warm and fuzzy.
edit on 12/16/2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
So how many people believe these children took the time to write that message and light those candles?

Honestly tired of seeing these photo ops and having people get "touched" by them.
If you ask me they are nothing more then staged pictures to make people feel warm and fuzzy.
edit on 12/16/2012 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

I was moved when I first saw the pic, but then I looked at the whole pic, and it seemed staged because:

- muslims don't light candles (afaik) they beat their chests & wail to show mourning

- the clean lines drawn on the sign to ensure perfect lettering clearly shows adult guidance & not spontaneous sign-making by kids

- the kids don't look that sad or cut-up or shocked

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wow, that really puts some things into perspective.

We really do need to look at ourselves in the USA and im including myself into that we.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I would like to see people from west do the same thing over pakistani children. I highly doubt that would ever happen...
Nice to see that some people at least cares about others even though they are far away.
edit on 16-12-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

When 9/11 happened there were candlelight vigils all over the middle east including a massive one in Iran.

Most cultures adopt what is common for the culture having a problem to express sympathy. Candlelight Vigils are common in the west so it shows solidarity.

Whether it is 'staged' that is debatable and irrelevant. How many kids ask for a picture and help doing something they want to do? Is that also not staged?

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
They want to blow those candles out, as heart warming as it is, some US drones use thermal imaging.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm very glad you posted this . With so many countries , groups , religions , who seem to go out of their way to become our enemies , i need a little reminder that everywhere you find humans you can find humanity .
Thank you .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join