It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
WBC is already in Newtown, CT to picket the school, and possibly funerals. There are many reports of folks already seeing them in the area. There are groups to block them already being set up across FB. Those in the area, and else where are already banning together to stop them.

www.examiner.com...

Sorry, I am on my touchpad and the links at the top I can not get to work to embedded or share clips from the article.
edit on 15-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
there seem's to be missing something...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sorry, on touchpad and had an issue while starting the post.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The WBC is not interested in spreading the message of Christ. They could care less if you become a Christian or not. God is not in their interest. Money is.

After all, what's a slimy disbarred attorney to do, but gather family members, make a church, and disrupt any and every event imaginable anywhere in the country?

There's gold in them thar hills.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They are SICK! Saying it was gods work to take out these children because of gay marriage. WTF? Are these folks in this "church' that inhuman to not allow the grieving families alone?

I am from the Newtown/Danbury area and I can bet they won't get very far. They will be blocked because the community, and others outraged, will ban together to allow the mourning families to mourn in peace.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment,” Shirley Phelps-Roper tweeted on Dec. 15.

Check out the retweets.

It would behoove the Baptist Association, and other presbytery to denounce these folks. They're about as Christian as I am.

ETA: Too bad god didn't teach her to spell his favorite word correctly. "Judgement".
edit on 12/15/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There is video on their website that says "god sent the shooter". This is one sick group!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I could have sworn Jesus said...

"love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you."

These families have suffered enough as it is. The Bible makes it clear that the responsibility of all Christians is to help the fatherless, and the widow. We have just two mandates from God:

1) preach the gospel, in season and out of season
2) take care of the disadvantaged and the suffering.

WBC violates both of these.
Jesus must be ashamed that these people claim to bear witness to His name.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I have watched some of the WBC's antics on Youtube . I am entirely surprised that "god" has not sent a shooter their way yet ; what a bunch of sick puppies.

edit on 15-12-2012 by ezekielken because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by ezekielken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
And we are paying attention to them..why?

If you find them distasteful, ignore them..they aren't doing this so people will praise them and say nice things..they do it so people will start threads, and ultimately bring their visibility up through anger...and threads like these, news crews covering them, etc only ensure their success.

Brilliant marketing on their behalf mind you.

But ya...the true way to hurt them is to simply ignore them.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
There is video on their website that says "god sent the shooter". This is one sick group!

Its also bearing false witness.

which is a sin..

and according to them, sinners don't go to heaven...especially unrepentant sinners..

So, ya...they are playing for the wrong team..(if there are teams at play here)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WBC - Spreading hate since 1955

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Let's all stop giving them attention... Don't click on their website, don't "follow" them, don't "like" them etc.

Hopefully the good people of Newtown will make it a point to show up and block them so the mourners don't have to see or hear them.

The members of that hateful "church" are going to be in for a big surprise one day...

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm sure this is in poor taste, but why is it people shoot up elementary schools and malls but no one shoots up the Westboro Baptist Church?

Are they ever going to go away?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Wow....just wow there is almost no words for this..group of individuals and what they are doing, do they really feel comfortable with themselves to go out and do this? Families are grieving and they are doing this? Something tells me someone may get hurt from that group sooner or later and I don't want to say it like a threat that I will do it; but just the way they carry themselves it just seems like it will happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Scumbags. ALL of them....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The world is funny isn't it? People like these sicko scumbags are alive and well and then there are innocent children dead..... God works in mysterious ways right?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
At this point, I can only surmise that they are bucking for "terrorist organization" status.

Line 2.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The shooter should have shot the westboro people, Im sure no one would ever miss em. Seriously, WTH are those people thinking, is EVERYTHING about being gay with them, JEEZ !

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
At this point, I can only surmise that they are bucking for "terrorist organization" status.

Line 2.

How much you want to bet, they ONLY travel by car?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join