It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are ALL RESPONSIBLE For The Events in Newtown, CT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm writing this because I'm utterly disgusted with humanity and people in general.

The events that have taken place today in Newtown, CT should not be a rally for politics. Nor should any tragedy perpetrated in such a manner. The lives of the victims have already been claimed as "political capital" and their lives are being diminished to bargaining chips for agendas and forged narratives.

Today was a tragedy, and just like any other time we (society) have done nothing but sensationalize the acts that left 26 dead. No words can heal the pain that these families have suffered and no law will reverse the events. Today's events were about every one of us perpetuating a society that is conducive of violence and intentional homicide. I find myself wondering, what exactly is wrong with society when a man feels his only option is murdering innocent children and taking his own life? We glorify and immortalize these murderers in the media. They become celebrities. Everyone wants the scoop, it's worse than Honey Boo Boo or the Kardashians. People say they're praying for the families but they're glued to their TV's waiting for footage of the shootings or any information that might feed their interest in the killer. People are so desensitized that human life is losing its value.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again.. People hate to examine themselves. We are all guilty of the events that happened today because we have created the reality that we live. We have divided and isolated ourselves. Many are already defeated by the massive weight that our society places on them everyday. The standards we have to live up to, the images we must maintain, the money we must make and the things we do against our free will just to LIVE. The sensationalized stories and fascinated, salivating, masses are what is wrong with this world. We have grown to accept this as the norm. This man will forever live in infamy because of his actions. That is perhaps the most heinous part about the whole thing. A person so cold and uncaring has become a celebrity in his own right. His name is known worldwide and his face has been on more TV screens and computer monitors than anyone else. The actions of today are already being forged into a narrative that will inevitably support a political movement or corporate agenda. The victims are already being forgotten and the major media outlets have begun the political frenzy. It has to stop.

This is a much deeper issue than politics or control of any one weapon or object. There is nothing we can regulate, deregulate, ban or make free that will fix these problems. The problems come from within every single one of us. Stop feeding this monster! If you want to see things get better, it starts with you. You can't wait for a sign, or for someone else. We are all cogs, elements or parts of a machine. The machine continues to chug along as we all grow more and more complacent. While people may say you can't change the world by yourself, I say that if you don't take the initiative to try then there is no hope that it will anyhow. Perhaps one cog can be fixed easily. Perhaps the machine can even run without a single part. I don't however believe that the machine can continue operation when many of the parts begin to fail or betray it. That is my hope. That enough of us will begin projecting the truth, love and tolerance out into the world that it will reflect itself back upon us. We are the creators and maintainers of this reality, and we are responsible for all that we live and breath.

“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” - Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
ahem..

First of all there is no clear motive in this tragedy. No matter his motive, I play no part. The current state of affairs in this country at a citizen level doesn't even seem to have played a part here...

I want no part of this. I'm not responsible. I hate baby killers, all of 'em. I see no soul on earth glorifying this man either.

What does this tragedy have to do with "the machine"?
edit on 14-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You are right, and I wholeheartedly agree. I really have nothing to add. It makes me angry, sick, and scared actually. How far will it go?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is what ive been saying all day. Literally on threads ive started and others.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

I have made similar statements on other issues but I would tend to disagree on this one.

For example, we are to blame for supporting a 2-head 1-Party dictatorship, I mean "democracy".

Endless wars, trillions spent overseas, debt crisis, police state, devalued currency, citizen assassinations, torture...

We had a chance to elect Ron Paul, but we didnt. In that sense, we are to blame and deserve what we get.

But lets not ignore the power of brainwashing because thats exactly what government does through their corporate propaganda media network.

As Edward Bernays said, propaganda should be used in both wartime and peacetime.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
ahem..

First of all there is no clear motive in this tragedy. No matter his motive, I play no part. The current state of affairs in this country at a citizen level doesn't even seem to have played a part here...

I want no part of this. I'm not responsible. I hate baby killers, all of 'em. I see no soul on earth glorifying this man either.

What does this tragedy have to do with "the machine"?
edit on 14-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

You're a victim of you're own ego and comfortably sleeping beneath the lull of the machine.

If you don't understand that WE are the society that has created, glorified and then masterfully manipulated these events to fit any number of agendas then you are lost. Our complacency and acceptance of the status quo are what have created these scenarios. As I said, people do not want to take responsibility or recognize that they are a part of humanity and society. You can't just be there when it's comfortable for you. You have to live it everyday. You have to be there, taking initiative to be a better person and shine the light as bright as you can.. So that light is a beacon that will be reflected among those around you. Eating up the stories and pictures from the media like candy is exactly what the machine wants. We are nothing more than fuel ignited by these events. Instead of uniting, we are isolating. We fuel this machine with our dollars, time and lives.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Oh for crying out soft, we are no more responsible for this than my domestic cat. Just because everyone become engrossed with the sheer magnitude of the situation does not an accomplice make. It is a shocking horror. What else happened in the last month that caused a nation to grieve. You have it twisted.

I did not do this. I love kids, kiss puppies and kitties, and pay my taxes. I am NOT responsible.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I find myself wondering, what exactly is wrong with society when a man feels his only option is murdering innocent children and taking his own life?

I agree, but it isn't society, it is humanity itself.

The events that transpired today should not be fuel for those who want to spread their windless fires. This is one of the saddest days in American history, and the only person responsible is the man who pulled the trigger -- multiple times. One person slaughtered 20 children and 6 adults, then offed himself. Not society, but this man. This is humanity, and people will always kill other people, regardless of the society they are in. It is because we are human that this event happened.

If I could pray, I would pray not only for the souls of these children, but for humanity as well. I would pray so hard my hands would melt through my chest. I would pray that these children experience the happiest afterlife, if it does happen to exist. I would pray that the families of these children do not torment themselves with the thought of what their kid's faces were like, knowing the impending end to their life. I would pray that some how, humanity digs itself out of this #hole we carved for ourselves. I would pray that some day, we will never have to see another child killed.

But then again...those are just prayers, and I don't even believe in them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Horse pucky. Many people participate in the election process because we still (like big suckers) believe we can affect change. I have learned and many will follow. The people that are making the BIG decisions don't listen to their constituents. They have lobbyists, think tanks, and ngo's like ALEC for example to provide them with our legislation. Don't blame this cluster%$&^ on innocent citizens. Shame shame shame. And don't blame people that become engrossed with a sensational news item. Please, we are all humans here. No one is going to glorify the perp here or anywhere else, he will be vilified if anything.

And furthermore...this horrible sacrifice reeeeeeks of false flag.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

You're breaking it down to politics. It isn't politics. It is a deep seeded issue within the human psyche that is driving all of it. It isn't a conspiracy, it is humans teetering on the edge of path that will take us towards evolution or extinction. This is a crucial point in our existence. Technology, information, social issues, art, politics, all of it.... It's all converging at a rapid pace, and we are handling it all wrong. The negativity is unreal. Many people think of themselves as "awake" to many issues, but they are not awake to their own contributions to everything going on in this world.

It starts with the individual. The world is a mirror that will reflect that which is projected onto/into it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I may be misunderstanding you, but when you say you are responsible for the shootings, and so am I, and so is my mentally challenged adult nephew, I lose you completely.

There is no functional difference between saying all of us are responsible, and none of us are responsible. Where do you go to fix it? We are all responsible for poverty, drugs, crummy news coverage, abysmal schools, unemployment?

It may make someone feel better to claim universal responsibility, but it does absolutely nothing to help. Now if you're simply saying that we all need to be better people, you've presented a truism. Of course we all want to be better people. If you'd care to discuss how, and what "better" means, it might be a worthwhile conversation.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm not responsible, but damn it im hurt!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
No, I'm not going to agree with your emotional existential outcry of feelings. The worthless politicians who continue to pass feel-good gun legislation are to blame. Yes, today was tragic, but I'm not owning any of that.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Horse pucky? Really?

Do you not take part in this society? Are you not a consumer of the media, of products? Were you not instantly shocked at the headline and then wondering what the events were, who the killer was, why did he do it?

Are you not here discussing it along with myself and thousands of others? You think it's a false flag? You're already succumbing to the system of it all.. You're already losing grasp on the value of life and attaching the event to another agenda..

I'm just as guilty. I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm afraid to say I don't know how we'll ever get past this point. I'm writing this because the ONLY way I can see things getting better is if we start taking more responsibility upon ourselves and the output that we continually produce for the world individually. Like I said, nobody can do it alone, but if enough people start to project the love, respect and tolerance that is necessary for human existence then maybe we'll cover some ground. I know it sounds foolish and it sounds like a pipe dream, but if I don't take the initiative to at least live by my own word and beliefs than I am just as guilty as the person who is hell bent on destruction.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
No, I'm not going to agree with your emotional existential outcry of feelings. The worthless politicians who continue to pass feel-good gun legislation are to blame. Yes, today was tragic, but I'm not owning any of that.

So you won't take the blame.. But you'll blame the politicians WE elected?

If you didn't elect them, or you disagree with them.. What have YOU done to make a difference in those things you disagree with?

It's not some emotional outcry of feelings.. Perhaps existential. It is an observation of the human existence. It is my attempt to pass on what I can see causing many problems in our world everyday.

I think many of you really disregard our ability to shape the world around us. You don't believe we are capable of incredible things. You've lost faith in yourselves or people in general, or you refuse to accept that you are a part of the society we're living in. That's the funny thing about us humans.. We complain and point the finger but rarely look at what it is we are reflecting onto others. We reflect the world around us as well as influence it. In a sense we're all victims of our own creations..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

But you'll blame the politicians WE elected?

I refused to vote for the lesser of two evils. I exercised my right to Not vote this year. I didn't elect anyone.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So you didn't even take the initiative to vote for a third party in hopes that it would at least make a statement? If you weren't voting for one of the two primary candidates than it wouldn't have been a vote lost or gained for either candidate.

What about the issues in your state? Didn't make a decision on those either? These are only the POLITICAL aspects of your involvement or rather lack thereof in society. If enough people like yourself stayed home and didn't vote, there easily could have been enough to change the outcome.

In this example, you've proven that your lack of initiative to vote very easily could have played a part in what outcomes were created. Those outcomes affect our political status, which is one facet of society. The same society that has made school shootings a monthly happening.

This doesn't take into account the thousands of other facets we influence within our lives that all feed into the same society.

But you're not responsible for any of it.. So just keep doing what you're doing..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Even if we lived in a near utopia, a person could still snap and go on a killing spree. Would you blame everyone then? We as U.S. citizens are responsible for a lot of horrors that we don't like to own up to, but not this one, not every brain is wired right, no matter how great the society around him is, some people are just psychopaths.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I may be misunderstanding you, but when you say you are responsible for the shootings, and so am I, and so is my mentally challenged adult nephew, I lose you completely.

There is no functional difference between saying all of us are responsible, and none of us are responsible. Where do you go to fix it? We are all responsible for poverty, drugs, crummy news coverage, abysmal schools, unemployment?

It may make someone feel better to claim universal responsibility, but it does absolutely nothing to help. Now if you're simply saying that we all need to be better people, you've presented a truism. Of course we all want to be better people. If you'd care to discuss how, and what "better" means, it might be a worthwhile conversation.

By better I mean anything from a simple smile to a full forced effort to create change within the system. For instance, I have a current project that I'm working on that will help to promote a modern take on investigative journalism and also aide with more government transparency. It will utilize and hopefully educate others on techniques to help analyze the information given to them from media outlets. I don't want to go into too much detail at this time as it's in its early stages, but I look at it as something that would compliment this community quite well. It won't be a place for debate, but rather a place for HARD evidence that will do the talking and give us facts. It won't be a conspiracy website but it may of course, in the process of obtaining the truth, reveal things to be different than we had expected. It's hard to explain without disclosing the full scope of the project, but it is well underway and I think it will serve those willing to participate VERY well. It will give us a tool to get to the bottom of things easier, and do so cooperatively and with no bias. Straight fact recognition.

Everyday I strive to go out of my way to do at least one kind thing I wouldn't usually do or experience from someone else. Whether it's anonymously paying for someone's lunch or drink at the coffee shop, or complimenting someone on a piece of their outfit.. I'm doing something to promote happiness and overall good feelings instead of trying to promote and sell fear or inadequacy.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CudiTheKid

I'm not supporting his actions, but how do you know he was a psychopath? How do you know he wasn't neglected or abused? Maybe he was put up to it? We don't know the full story. Your conclusions are also evidence of the malfunctions within our society and human behaviour. Are you basing all of this off what you've heard on the news? Do you trust everything they report or just what fits your narrative?

He was young and should have had a lot ahead of him. What is so inherently wrong with our world that a person could be driven to such madness? What would make someone think that this is their only option?

edit on 15-12-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join