It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunblane Massacre = Newton Massacre?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My sincere condolences to those effected by the devastating event that will forever change our lives.

I wanted to bring to light the similarities that occurred with the Dunblane Massacre in Scotland in 1996 and this one today in Newton Ct.

The Dunblane school massacre occurred at Dunblane Primary School in the Scottish town of Dunblane on 13 March 1996. The gunman, 43-year-old Thomas Hamilton (b. 10 May 1952), entered the school armed with four handguns, shooting and killing sixteen children and one adult before committing suicide. Along with the 1987 Hungerford massacre and the 2010 Cumbria shootings, it remains one of the worst criminal acts involving firearms in the history of the United Kingdom.

SOURCE

The numbers of deaths is similar.

I think the discussion a few months from now will be what steps do need to be taken to prevent this from happening again, and, what Scotland did as a result of it.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It wasn't just Scotland that did something about it, it was the whole UK we banned handguns because of this.
Over a million people signed a petition to stop handguns going on sale.
I remember it like yesterday and how it shocked us all,,,, like today.
It is only when children die when I hope for a heaven because they are the ones who have done no wrong and deserve to be there.
RIP little ones.
edit on 14-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Martin Bryant was our gun control poster boy for his heinous act back in 1995 Port Arthur Tasmania where he killed 35 people with a various assortment of firearms.

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting to read his bio, more eccentric than psycho I would be thinking.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sad memories, those lil' ones would be young adults by know if they lived. They are in a better place I bet cos this farking world is getting worse and more and more copycat killings. We live in a perverted world.
edit on 14-12-2012 by mypan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Tennis player Andy Murray was at the Dunblane School at the time

The professional tennis player Andy Murray was a pupil at Dunblane Primary at the time and discussed his recollections of the massacre in his autobiography, Hitting Back. The victims were mostly children who were in a younger age group class than Murray, but he remembers taking cover in a classroom.[23] Murray says he was too young to understand what was happening and is reluctant to talk about it in interviews, but wrote in his autobiography that he attended a youth group run by Thomas Hamilton, and that his mother gave Hamilton lifts in her car.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Same plan, for the same outcome. Both PLANNED EVENTS from much higher levels than just "crazy" people...

And you would think by now that the Brits and others over there (whom are all SLAMMING the forums with knee-jerk anti-gun garbage) would have discovered the real story beyond their PLANNED event.

Good thing that many Americans are much WISER than them and will FIGHT these PLANNED events.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

I think the discussion a few months from now will be what steps do need to be taken to prevent this from happening again, and, what Scotland did as a result of it.

Thoughts?

Its an EASY SOLUTION!! Allow school staff to be TRAINED IN FIREARM USAGE and have quick access to them. Done, problem solved.

And this would solve ALL FUTURE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS AS THESE (PLANNED) EVENTS NEVER HAPPEN WHERE FIREARMS ARE PERMITTED.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this and searched and found this thread.

I believe there are too many coincidences in both stories, as I recently read up on Dunblane.

- the killings were of young children, roughly the same age
- after the killings, the public called for a weapons ban

The call for bans is happening now. Nothing hits home more than the killing of innocent children (and I have two young ones myself and believe this to be a huge tragedy), and rightfully so.

I could see this being our Dunblane, and I can also see it ending the same way.

new topics

top topics

join