It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in conneticut might be the flag to take our guns away.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
First of all let me say, the shootings that happened are tradgic, and dissapointing, and I send my respect and condolences to those affected by this. In no way is the murder of children accecptable.

So heres an article I read on yahoo news, I know not the most credible source, but heres what obamas saying:

"As a country we have been through this too many times," Obama said, listing a series of mass shootings over the past few years in places like Aurora, Colo.
"These neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics," he stressed.

"We have to examine all the facts behind this tragedy. We cannot and will not be passive in the face of such violence. We should be willing to challenge old assumptions in order to lessen the prospects of such violence in the future," Obama said. "But what we cannot do is use this tragedy as one more occasion to turn on each other. That we cannot do."

So would challenging old assumptions be out 2nd amendment right? Just because some people choose to be irresponsible with guns, dosent mean we all are. I believe this could be the one to initiate TPTB agenda of disarming citezens and making them reliant on the "protection" of their government. This just screams at me that theres probably more going on here than whats being said.

heres the source:
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
More food for thought:

Free Flu Shots Traded for Your Guns: Disarming and Disabling America

TextCitizens are encouraged to turn in their firearms in exchange for a gift certificate ranging from $25-$75 which can be redeemed at the Wegmans grocery store outlet. In addition to disarming their citizens Worcester has also sweetened up the deal with a free toxic injection called ‘the flu shot’. The influenza vaccination that is given on a yearly schedule here in the United States contains higher levels of mercury than regular vaccines, having a total of 1 microgram per milliliter as opposed to the MMR vaccine which has .5 micrograms per milliliter as stated in the ‘Mercury Free Act’.

www.activistpost.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
wow... totally unknown to me, thats friggin nuts, It dosent suprise me though, #s getting interesting it seems.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah this isn't what the founding fathers envisioned when they added the 2nd amendment, it needs to be modified or we need to get rid of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think it goes beyond guns. I made a thread about it.

TSA (style security) coming to an elementary school near you

But yes there will be a call to ban guns, happens every time something happens involving a gun.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lets hope so, for the sake of America

link   
Lets hope so, for the sake of America

link   

Originally posted by quedup
More food for thought:

Free Flu Shots Traded for Your Guns: Disarming and Disabling America

TextCitizens are encouraged to turn in their firearms in exchange for a gift certificate ranging from $25-$75 which can be redeemed at the Wegmans grocery store outlet. In addition to disarming their citizens Worcester has also sweetened up the deal with a free toxic injection called ‘the flu shot’. The influenza vaccination that is given on a yearly schedule here in the United States contains higher levels of mercury than regular vaccines, having a total of 1 microgram per milliliter as opposed to the MMR vaccine which has .5 micrograms per milliliter as stated in the ‘Mercury Free Act’.

www.activistpost.com...

Heres a video from that website about the guns for flu shots

youtu.be...
edit on 14-12-2012 by fettman89 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well, since it's Obama coming for your guns, it shouldn't be too hard to spot him. Just set a trap or something

link   
The Govt will never succeed in taking our guns away , but they do need more extensive laws to keep guns out of the hands of the criminally insane. A better background check on a persons mental health since child birth would be a great start.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The same thing happened here in the UK with the Hungerford massacre.

Soon after that handguns and automatic rifles got banned for civilians, but it hasn't stopped gun crime either.
Plus you can still buy assault rifles but only in semi auto varieties, shotguns and upto 50 cal. sniper rifles.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wonder how may of these mass assassins were not on some type of medication when they committed multiple murders?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
The Govt will never succeed in taking our guns away , but they do need more extensive laws to keep guns out of the hands of the criminally insane. A better background check on a persons mental health since child birth would be a great start.

Though that would help, I'm afraid the more intrusive they get, and the more power they use to control the sales, and to who, its just a start for collecting all guns, from everyone. I mean think of it like the whole criminally insane thing, it could potentially lead to you going to buy a gun, them checking your history and seeing, oh this guy has an account on a conspiracy theory website, with active posts about the government, and you being denied because your "mentally unfit" to own a gun. Just food for thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The reaction to this is very different than most shootings, considering the circumstances so i wouldn't be surprised. This is the statement Mark Kelly the husband of Gabby Gifford made to CNN:

I just woke up in my hotel room in Beijing, China, to learn that another mass shooting has taken place - this time at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims and the entire community of Newtown, CT. I just spoke to Gabby, and she sends her prayers from Tucson.

As we mourn, we must sound a call for our leaders to stand up and do what is right. This time our response must consist of more than regret, sorrow, and condolence. The children of Sandy Hook Elementary School and all victims of gun violence deserve leaders who have the courage to participate in a meaningful discussion about our gun laws - and how they can be reformed and better enforced to prevent gun violence and death in America. This can no longer wait.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Maybe if the teachers or some adult working at the school was armed this wouldn't have happened. Unless you people plan to destroy every gun not just in the USA but in the world and also plan on no longer manufacturing weapons then the bans your calling for are weak and really only take guns away from good people. Bad people will always get a gun if it exists. That's all there is too it and the act of one lunatic who was mad at his mom who was a teacher at the school and the first person shot should never infringe of the rights of a population.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
I wonder how may of these mass assassins were not on some type of medication when they committed multiple murders?

Possibly a drug created by our supreme overlords lol? Im with you on that one, I, at the very least wouldnt put it past thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crkking
This day will always be remembered because of the actions of a coward. How many people will be remembered because of the actions of heroes.

I woke up with Wolf Blitzer talking about this on CNN. Made me sick. Not a good way to wake up. 5 minutes of that is all one needs to get the point so I changed the channel.

People need to start being more pro-active with these sorts of things and finding a solution to this sort of problem. Children are the most important resource we have. We need to keep them protected and educated at all times. I see a day coming when public schools are a thing of the past and school districts start taking measures to teach their curriculum to students in the safety of their own homes. A cross between home schooling and public education. If a district doesn't have the finances to provide computers to students, the vast majority of which own computers anyway, they can always set up a "host house" where a certain number of students can go and share the resources. Get the teachers to be "host parents", or something similar, so you know there's someone qualified to oversee everything. One of the main advantages to this is that everything would be on private property. Someone's house. City councils may have to create a brand new zone for these types of set-ups, somewhere between business and private, to where the legalities on that end are taken care of, but that would be a small price to pay IMO.

People might say "Well what happened today was an exception to the rule. No need to go to extremes" I don't care if it's an exception to the rule or not. 28 children victims are 28 too many. Or my favorite argument: " Don't let emotions rule your decisions" Sorry, but if you don't feel emotions about something like THIS then you're dead inside. People need to stop talking about what went wrong and start talking about what we can do to keep this from happening again. Something realistic that can implemented without too many rules and regulations getting involved.

Those sorts of things tend to bog things down anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Didn't crime almost double, or something like that in Australia, when they banned guns? I don't think a gun ban in America would be successful...We love our guns..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Shooting in conneticut might be the flag to take our guns away

Our right to have a gun for protection. Not theirs.

Remember this thread?

Anti Gun N. C. State State Senator Shoots A Home Invader,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Other threads already like this. Mods?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join