It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I keep my son home next week? What can we do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It seems like crazy is in the air. I am sick over this as I'm sure you all are. I don't want my son out of my sight for a while. Anyone feeling the same way? What can we do? I'd like to know what other parents are thinking. Am I over reacting?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

I think that you are

Live life. Celebrate life. Take your boy somewhere special and remind each other that living in fear is no way to live

Deep breath. And smile.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I don't have children, but if I did, I think I would keep them home. Sometimes peace of mind is most important.

Its the week before holiday, so many schools aren't doing much work anyway. That's how I see it. The odds are against anything actually happening, but I don't think it hurts to have some family time while people everywhere seem to be getting more and more crazy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

just home school your kid. the education system is flawed. this way you'll know exactly what your child is learning. safe and better education! peace of mind for the double win!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Keep you kid home over the holidays.. World has just turned insane today.

I also have been thinking about keepin mine home, I live in Finland and we do also have sad records on school shootings

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Do you want to go hide yourself in a hole? Should you board up your windows and never leave?

No.

Living in fear is not living. Don't do that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

I think that you are

Live life. Celebrate life. Take your boy somewhere special and remind each other that living in fear is no way to live

Deep breath. And smile.
That's a good thing to tell your children, what's the point of living , if you live in fear , enjoy every thing life has to offer , even the bad moments , because you only get one.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I like the idea of keeping them home until after the holidays. When I was a kid I loved Christmas vacation, and this is both a good idea from a safety standpoint as well as from the childeren's sense of freedom and not-have-to-work-every-dayness.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious

I don't have children, but if I did, I think I would keep them home. Sometimes peace of mind is most important.

Its the week before holiday, so many schools aren't doing much work anyway. That's how I see it. The odds are against anything actually happening, but I don't think it hurts to have some family time while people everywhere seem to be getting more and more crazy.

Yup! I would too. All the craziness is coming to head, I think, because of all the "end of the world" hype. I'd wait until after "doomsday" is past us. Take a holiday. Peace of mind is important. Make it your 2012 personal family ritual, stay home!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

I just read a post from someone a second ago that in a few years most kids will be home schooled, all shopping done online, movies watched from home, etc. Then a couple decade away from that the world will be like the movie Surrogates since there is so much violence. This may end up being the sad truth.

top topics

join