It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw 4 fireballs/meteors/etc in 15 minutes from Hessdalen web cam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ok experts, I have one question: Is it common to see so many in so short time? I also saw one white balloon which flew slowly in the sky. Could be aeroplane though.

www.hessdalen.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

It's called the Geminids meteor shower, it peaks today/tonight, I'm about to head out with the camera, expect 30 - 100 per hour, maybe more if there is a burst.

edit on 13/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's the annual Geminid meteor shower tonight so if you keep an eye out you should see quite a few more. Alas it's cloudy where i am, most disapointed.

darn beat me to it

edit on 13-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yes considering tonight is the peak of the Geminid meteor shower.

www.boston.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

edit on 13-12-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
damn whats up with all the fire balls in the sky
never seen so many article in the last few days

we are def getting close to something here

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yes, plenty of stuff incoming, three 'shooting stars' in about a minute and a half.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I would like to recommend this site to you, perhaps in combination with that webcam
you can "hear" the meteors and space junk on a live radio
spaceweatherradio.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was outside last night, and seen a big fireball incoming here in Southern Illinois. I'm hoping to catch a few more tonight.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As stated above, it's the Geminid meteor showers peaking. Happens every December.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Nice I just saw one to on the webcam..
I better get outside and check for myself ^^

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Related is that a meteor just crashed in Sweden and was seen by hundreds. The witness say they saw a blue flash and a ball of fire.

Mysterious "ball of light" puzzles Värmland
"The whole house shook"

What is it that has struck in Värmland?
SOS, police and air rescue center has received calls from concerned Värmlandsbor after a ball of light is said to have exploded last night.
- It lit up the sky and flew over us, then we heard an explosion, says Jessica Berg Stöllet.

Jessica Berg Stöllet was out walking with a friend when they were surprised by the strong lights.
Calls have come from Stöllet, Ekshärad, Karlstad and Forshaga.
All have seen a mysterious ball of light which then struck down - followed by an explosion.
- They say they have seen a sharp blue glow, then a sharp orange ball struck, says Leif Svensson, duty officer at the Värmland police.
- It sounded nothing in the sky when it flew over us. Then it hit bottom near Klarälven somewhere. Then we were struck by the sound, like an echo after the explosion, she says to Aftonbladet and continues:
- It was mysterious. Nasty mysterious.
Several readers have contacted Afronbladet about the event.
- I heard a bang and the whole house shook, said a witness in Vansbro.
Saw the overthrow
24-year-old Sandra was sitting in his apartment in Karlstad and suddenly felt that she would look out the window - where she saw a plunge from the sky.
- At first I thought it was fireworks, but small and just never went on, I thought maybe it was a comet, for it looked a bit like a ball. It was a red and yellow light around and after, she says, adding that she had seen shooting stars before, and this is not at all like that.
- This was really different and much larger. It looked as if something falls from space in a film Armageddon or something. I do not know what to describe it as, I have never seen such a thing before, says Sandra.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Avgudar because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2012 by Avgudar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Yeah, well what occurs to me is that the annual meteor showers over the course of my lifetime have consisted of pretty displays of "shooting stars" up in the sky - not blazing fireballs detonating or possibly streaking to the surface before exploding....
Am I just being paranoid here, or does the number of soothing "Don't worry, everything is normal." voices seem a little strange considering the evidence?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
How can you see anything when it's that grainy of a video?

I'll look tonight and record after 12AM when I get out work. I'll have a nice open view.

Maybe, I'll see something.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

STUPID BLOODY BRITISH WEATHER!!!!!

It's a bit cloudy out

edit on 13/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I echo the same setiment stupid bloody rainy Vancouver weather, saw the summer shows not so great, gonna be a shame to miss this one seeing as people are talking so much about the frequency and brightness of this years show, a bloody shame indeed.

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
so is that an aircraft going by now ?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Always the way, spend ages looking forward to some astrological event and the weather lets us down. Oh No we're being sterotypical English people and talking about the weather

Seriously though i've been looking forward to it for weeks, it's been clear skies most of last week then.... bam - total cloud cover. The sky hates me.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: dopeyness

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

9 times out of 10 that is what happens in the UK, there was crisp lovely clear skies an hour or two ago.

I've looked at the radar image from the MET office, and it looks like it could clear in the next hour or two.

Peak is at 2am GMT, so hopefully...........

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this an be seen in the NYC area ?
It's tough just to see stars with all the other unnatural light .

So is it hopeless for us in the city ? I would love for my daughter to
One but don't wanna keep her out in the cold starring at the sky for nothing .

Thanks in advance

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join