It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, I'm going to try to astral project again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've tried it many times but without success, so I gave up for a while. I tried a lot of methods and binaural beats but I would just become very relaxed and than my mind wanders off and I just fall asleep.
I've never had a conscious sleep paralysis experience, I've never had anything paranormal happen to me. So I have no experience with these kind of things. Only had like 1 small lucid dream in my life.

Wish me luck.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

I have tried on and off for a couple of years with little success. Try getting this book:
A Course in Astral Travel and Dreams

This book will give you great directions and specific exercises to complete week by week (total of 9 weeks). Im on week 3 and even though I have yet to astral project, my visualization and efficiency at meditating have increased.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Within the past year, probably every other night I'm having lucid dreams... the awareness I feel is usually incredible; it can be just as good as my waking awareness. Many times I've tried to do astral projection, but have never reached it, getting only disappointment and frustration. Recently, however, I've realized that I'm just not ready. I think I still need to explore lucid dreaming a lot more; if in fact AP is possible, then I want to know the clear difference between LD and AP. My mind is already blown with the whole lucid dreaming thing, I can't even imagine what AP would feel like.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by irontoad30

When I read these kind of posts I feel kinda jealous, it sounds like an amazing experience. I've had some pretty wild dreams but they were never lucid. What did you do to get lucid dreams more often or did it happen naturally?
edit on 13-12-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
this was the best book i read on it
truly a how to with several methods
free online
myself everytime i tried something would disturb me so oh well
great book this one is
ophiel astral projection
edit on 13-12-2012 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
reply to post by irontoad30

When I read these kind of posts I feel kinda jealous, it sounds like an amazing experience. I've had some pretty wild dreams but they were never lucid. What did you do to get lucid dreams more often or did it happen naturally?
edit on 13-12-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

Hey man, the first thing I started doing that really worked was this: at least 3 times a day, stop what you're doing, look around around yourself, and ask this question - "am I dreaming right now?" Be sure to answer yourself too. It sounds silly, I know, but after a couple weeks of doing this my dream quality started to change. What happens is that when you're asleep, you will ask this question to yourself, and you'll answer 'yes' to your question, and that's when the awareness comes in. At least for me, that is.

Secondly, after doing this for a while, try this: get up in the middle of the night (if possible), and stay awake for 1 hour. Go back to sleep, and your dream awareness can increase greatly. This works for me without fail anymore, but it can certainly be hard to do.

Third, from time to time I do work with body energy/electricity, but that's a whole different subject which no one ever has any interest in... but let me know if you're curious.

Good luck, it's definitely an awesome thing to experience!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i lucid dream at least 3 times a week n never practiced it , it just happens , to an extent where i believe that the world i am is real and when i awake im confused as to what is real and not n then it wears off , as for astral projection , that's only happened twice and i actually saw my sleeping body and slapped it , then i woke up haha woke up laughing funny times , a trick i used in the beginning is , when you wake up , say at 4 in the morning for no reason or to go for a piss , instead of just laying there because you cant be arsed to move and if you were dreaming b4 u woke , try to remember the dream that you were in , go for a piss with that dream still in your mind and go bk to bed with the intention of jumping straight to the dream and then when you drift back to sleep you will be actively controlling the dream that your slipping back into , that way your brain will think your awake but your a asleep and hours pass by , easy trick but really works for people who have asked me how i do it , it just happens for me but that's the easiest way to do it , give it a try.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Have a look at this thread by CavemanDD.
He also made a podcast which can be found in the linked thread but i'll post the link anyway.

Good luck and happy seasonal projections!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
OP? Whats interesting (and Im sure you dont realize it)...you are closer to acheiving it than you think!

Its the falling asleep part. Just try to NOT fall asleep. There are published methods to do just that. Get to that point...it is the entry point-gate-tunnel you seek.
(And it happens to a lot of Projector-Travelers in the beginning)

Good luck and happy trails!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Last night I fell asleep again.. I think I'm just to tired, because I have to bicycle 20 km a day 5 days a week.
Thanks for the tips everyone, I will try it again tonight, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow. If I get good results I will post them here.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Youll get there..it is a bit humorous tho...no offense to your efforts...but the falling asleep part happens to a lot of 1st time AP Travelers. The secret really is simple....its just to not fall asleep.

In my case....eventually it happened so fast and so suddenly....it was like I fell down a very deep hole....and I was gone (traveling) at the speed of light...so fast...I had to hold on!

Sometimes, we are refered to as "leapers"....projectors that merly close their eyes...take a deep breath...and we are either ahead in time and place...or back hundreds to thousands of years.

With practice..you can "plan" your trip...good luck to you.

top topics

join