It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball Falls into the Black Sea Near Turkey - Light & Boom Caught on Camera 12/12/12

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Multiple cameras caught a pretty massive explosion caused by a (vaguely) ball of fire, striking the black sea near Turkey. The entire sky just lit up like fireworks, it really sounds like a bomb went off. Even hitting the ocean, the impact was pretty amazing:

Check that out, pretty impressive audio in this footage. Can really feel the gravity of such an explosion, pardon the pun.

A security cam recorded the impact of the meteorite. Last night a meteorite fell into the sea near Persembe county of Ordu. The sky brightened up and a slight tremor has occurred on land. Some inhabitants panicked.

Fireball Falls into Black Sea Near Turkey

From another link : The region where the camera is is about 5 kilometers away from the actual event came to an end on the Black Sea. During the incident, which occurred around 22:00 hours on the 11th Dec 2012, a man working as a security guard, Hakan Cesur, said that he felt a little jolt out of the face of the sky at the time.

“It was a ball of fire coming down from heaven into the sea, I was just staring at the TV to see if there was anything going on in Turkey, he said.”

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I wonder if this is the same one that was seen in sweden? Or did that in fact touch down in Sweden and this is a seperate one?

Two of those within hours /days of each other... and that near miss asteroid. Interesting times for the sky watchers

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Impressive audio is right, I could nearly "feel" the impact.

Really nice footage.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyBamboo

I know! I have my headphones on, and that's some serious bass.

Sure are vague about "fireball" too. I do wonder what exactly this could have been. I've been in close proximity to small meteors (hitting the ground, not the ocean) and they still don't make such a massive boom like this.
Whatever this was, I'm led to believe it was very big in size and came down very hard.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Lets just hope this and the Swedish incident are just random.. People will be having fits with this sort of action happening so close to the 21st

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I have a feeling that the threat of astroids/space debri will rival the fear of "terrorism" in the coming year/s.

It seems Wherner Von Braun's alleged testimony of the Weaponization of Space is right on time.

edit on 13-12-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Hehe... yeah, they came pretty convinient these two

Funny thing, my GF is no conspiracy buff. But of course all the 2012 bs seeps into even the smallest cracks and she'd been talking about what could happen with her friends.
Then this morning this first thing she said to me was that she had had a weird dream... and I kid you not... she actually dreamt that there were 3 meteors which hit Earth. The first two did no significant to little damage, the third one however, big and greenish in her dream, was a destroyer and she woke just as it hit.

She said she then got up to have a drink and as she was, she looked out the window and saw two brightish stars right next to each other, kinda blinking.

I told her that it was probably planets since we are having that alignment thingy. But hey... maybe it was something else.

If one more hits like these two within the next couple of days, should we start worrying?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Fireball can mean brighter than average meteor but yes, it almost sounds like a damn bomb of some sort! I wonder if hitting in the sea somehow amplifies the sound? I really do not know much about how water affects sound...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

The only thing I worry about, is why I never worry.

Please ask her which direction/hemisphere she spotted these two twinkling lights - then maybe we can get to the bottom of them... Before it's too late...

I don't believe that the world will end in 2012. After all, we haven't even gotten our RFID chips yet, hehe.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyBamboo

Fireball can mean brighter than average meteor but yes, it almost sounds like a damn bomb of some sort! I wonder if hitting in the sea somehow amplifies the sound? I really do not know much about how water affects sound...

Well what I do know is that with the proper velocity, an object hitting water will make a similar impact to it hitting hard ground. Such as why people break their bones after jumping from bridges.

However... This one is just damned strange. Maybe I can dig up a similar case with equal audio, I'll see what I can do.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I don't know how significant this is.. I saw a meteor coming through the atmosphere about 13 years ago and it streaked across the entire sky... it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. They had video of it in Texas and I was in Sacramento California when I saw it. Yet it did no damage that I am aware of.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
almost looks like a big lazer blast :p lol

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by flice

Please ask her which direction/hemisphere she spotted these two twinkling lights - then maybe we can get to the bottom of them... Before it's too late...

I don't believe that the world will end in 2012. After all, we haven't even gotten our RFID chips yet, hehe.

Rough coordinates:

55.869003 N,12.342839 E

Looking direction: north by north / northwest

It would have been around 1am'ish
edit on 13/12/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I had a dream a while back and I really didn't take much notice of it up until this year. I was walking down the highway which cuts through the town I live in with my eldest daughter. I looked up and saw a bright red fireball off to the North of the Sun.. Anyway as I kept walking an asteroid flew right over our heads and then I woke up. I started to think about it a bit more when this was announced earlier on in the year. I know one thing, I won't be taking a walk with my daughter down that highway anywhere around that time nexxt year.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
If one more hits like these two within the next couple of days, should we start worrying?

If anymore of these hit over the next couple of days, I would be wondering what the hell is going on at least.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

reply to post by flice

Rough coordinates:

55.869003 N,12.342839 E

Looking direction: north by north / northwest

It would have been around 1am'ish
edit on 13/12/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

Im not very proficient at reading star maps, but maybe she just saw Betelgeus and Bellatrix? Are these viewable by the naked eye?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Fireball? come on, that probably was the North Korean satellite they launched a day or two ago.
(just kidding!)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Could this have been part of the Geminid meteor shower ?
They say we could see up to 120 meteors per hour from this.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I have a feeling that the threat of astroids/space debri will rival the fear of "terrorism" in the coming year/s.

It seems Wherner Von Braun's alleged testimony of the Weaponization of Space is right on time.

[

I'm not sure if they have already done it but not long ago they wanted to classify asteroids etc.. I don't think it will rival something like terrorism. If anything, they will suppress the information and with that, what you have linked could also come into the fray if its true.. If we don't know what going on out there, whats to say they aren't using weapons to create certain phenomenas?

This Turkish incident didn't happen to come from the direction of Syria at all?
edit on 13-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
Could this have been part of the Geminid meteor shower ?
They say we could see up to 120 meteors per hour from this.

Seems possible... yearly return is supposed to around the 7th to the 14th.

www.spacedex.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join