It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebekah Brooks took £10.8m compensation from News Corp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Rebekah Brooks took £10.8m compensation from News Corp

www.guardian.co.uk

Accounts at Rupert Murdoch's firm reveal payoff to former chief executive of News International

Rebekah Brooks walked away with £10.8m from Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation as compensation after she resigned from her position as chief executive of News International at the height of the phone-hacking scandal, UK accounts published by News Corp show.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
£10.8m? How many bodies do you have to know the burial locations for to receive this amount of money?

It's a much, much higher figure than people previously estimated or expected.

With a bit of luck, Rebekah (who has previously been arrested for domestic violence charges) won't get to spend much of it following the trial for conspiring to bribe public officials.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Horrible women, Hope she rots in a cell somewhere (which she wont), shes got the news corps with there fists firmly up the puppets A hole.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Good catch OP!

I think we all realized she must have been privy to boatloads of sensitive information, but nothing says cram this wad of cash into your mouth and shut the fudge up like that payment. That's almost deserving of the Keanu Reeves "whoa" sound.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This class of 'celebrity/media/financial leader' only operates with a contractually obligatory 'golden parachute' and (usually) complete personal indemnification for anything which you or I would be ruined over.

Check every fortune 1000 company, every university, every NGO, every non-profit that collects millions... you will find that ALL their executives are free from any care about such trivial things as "getting caught."

Same goes for politicians and their favorite lawyers and judges.... who see eye-to-eye on the entitlement such protection represents... they are (and conduct themselves as) "royalty lite"

It has always been so.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Redheads eh, spitting image of my two ex's.
I reckon she will end up doing time for what she has done.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
She resigned and still got compensation in the 8 digit range?

Only in the corporate world.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Redheads eh, spitting image of my two ex's.
I reckon she will end up doing time for what she has done.

I'm not so sure. She deserves it but I think even with the supposed cooling of her friendship with David Cameron, she's still got many cards hidden up her sleeve. She's a bizarre woman who seems to live a pretty charmed life and constantly lands on her feet. I'm fairly sure £10.8m has bought her even more influence.

I don't understand Murdoch's fondness of her. He looks like George Burns ballsack but, given his money and influence, he could 'buy' as many relationships with women as he wanted. She wasn't even particularly good at her job and it's doubtful she's got more on Murdoch than he could fabricate on her.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What's the going price for falling on your sword to protect your scumbag boss? Apparently, £10.8m.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Didn't she get arrested for paying police?
Anyone know the max sentence you can get for that?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Didn't she get arrested for paying police?
Anyone know the max sentence you can get for that?

10 years and an unlimited fine, apparently. It was only brought in in the last days under Gordon Brown. It would have been a nicer ending if it had been one of the first things Cameron did and he unknowingly sealed the doom of one of his closest friends.

top topics

join