It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature of strong quakes changing? 7.1 magnitude earthquake strikes region of Banda Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Earthquakes are changing.

Source

A magnitude 7.3 (7.1 USGS) earthquake in the Banda Sea off Indonesia has been felt more than 600 kilometers away in Darwin. Geoscience Australia says there could be more aftershocks from the quake that shook the Top End of the Northern Territory overnight. Tremors were felt in Darwin and Katherine at about 2:30 am local time and were the strongest in the north for about 20 years. Overnight staff at the Darwin weather bureau evacuated their third-storey office while the building shook.
(visit the link for the full news article)
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
edit on 11-12-2012 by Alternative4u because: The link is not going in my post

edit on 11-12-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed link

edit on 11-12-2012 by Maxmars because: Please use the exact headline from your source

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I really do feel that the earth and sky are changing, and yes man could be making it happen by getting gas out of the earth, oil, etc we have taken for many years, but I thing that earth is in danger from a bigger thing that human beings this time.
The things we are seeing today I feel that Matthew 24 sum's it all up in a better way than I can put on here, the hatred on earth between people's, brothers fighting brothers (Muslim Wars on going) it's all there like it or not.

Source
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-12-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed link

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Geoscience senior seismologist Dr Mark Leonard says, while there have been quakes of a similar magnitude felt in Darwin before, people are describing last night’s tremor as particularly intense. “We have had a few reports from people saying they think it is the strongest, even though we know if you go back 20, 30 years there have been a number of earthquakes this size,” he said. “But there might have been some sort of focusing of the waves this time.”

From the link..

Is this what you mean by earthquakes changing??

Looks like nothing much to go on.
edit on 12/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Since there is nothing whatsoever to indicate in the actual article that earthquakes are in fact changing, its not at all clear why the subeditor decided to create that misleading headline.

Reasons of sensationalism I suppose.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Earthquakes are changing.
Earthquakes are changing WHAT??? I suppose you mean the earth's crust ? sure, since billions of Years

and what a surprise, there are never two exactly same earthquakes, not even in the same area.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Earthquakes are changing, here is a snippet repeating the headline and a link for you to read. End.

What am I supposed to do with this?
I can get to links by myself and don't need someone on a forum to point me to one without telling me why?
What a lazy and confusing post.
And no, I have not clicked the link as I don't know what to look out for. Put a bit more effort in next time.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Does this one event truly signify a change?
sorry,, need more data to agree, like at least 20 years worth

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A few countries in the world have obtained the technology to redirect and cause earthquakes and other natural disasters.That is the biggest change in WMD production ever...Rather than that the earth seems to be doing the way it was intended to do,and if we don't disturb it so much it will be doing just fine..The day all the fossil fuels are finally finished would be the happiest day in the history,because there will be one very important cause less to fight over.. Of course unfortunately there will always be wars for water,lands and other resources. ..So yeah..in a way the earthquakes are changing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

"A few countries in the world have obtained the technology to redirect and cause earthquakes and other natural disasters" SURE

they also have a technology to control peoples minds and see what everybody is thinking, so be careful and don't speak loud this classified information or they will hunt you down and arrest you

"The day all the fossil fuels are finally finished would be the happiest day in the history,
because there will be one very important cause less to fight over"
actually it is the opposite, should that happen rapidly you will probably die on starvation or be killed in fights over what is left of fuel in your mum's car.

and how the heck is "wars for water,lands and other resources" in any way related to an earthquake again ???

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Geoscience senior seismologist Dr Mark Leonard says, while there have been quakes of a similar magnitude felt in Darwin before, people are describing last night’s tremor as particularly intense. “We have had a few reports from people saying they think it is the strongest, even though we know if you go back 20, 30 years there have been a number of earthquakes this size,” he said. “But there might have been some sort of focusing of the waves this time.”

From the link..

Is this what you mean by earthquakes changing??

Looks like nothing much to go on.
edit on 12/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Well within the last week alone we have had 6 7+ quakes on earth, they have mostly been around the 4 to 6 mark per week, to have so many 7 s is rather strange in a short time.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Guidelines for BAN news sources:

4). The submission MUST be an actual news piece. Opinions, rants, blog pieces are not considered valid sources.

top topics

join