It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First encounter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm going to tell you about my first experience with, well I'm not sure what with. Maybe a spirit.

Anyway the cool thing about this, is that my sister and I experienced the same thing at the same time.

We were in the neighboring city in a antique shop. I was with my sister, my wife and my 5 month old son. We had went down into the basement of this building, looked around for a couple minutes, and started our way back to the stairs up. My wife had my son, and she found something that interested her, and got sidetracked. My sister was closest to the stairs, and I was about four feet from her. I looked away from my wife, towards my sister, and suddenly I heard what sounded like a growl, coming from near the stair behind my sister. It was pretty loud, and lasted maybe a second. My sister looked right at me, with wide eyes, and I knew that she had also heard it. My immediate reaction was to say "No Way" my sister then quickly walked away from the stairs, and asked me if I heard that. We laughed about it and my wife wanted to know what had happened. We told her, and she was pretty bummed out that she didn't hear it. Honestly I don't know how she didn't. I looked around to see if I could figure out what the sound came from, there was no one near the stairs except for my sister, nothing had moved that I could find.

Anyway not very exciting, but I have never experienced anything like that before, and neither has my sister. It was an interesting experience that's for sure. We plan on heading back to the shop, and see if it happens again. We are also going to do some research on the building, to find out it's history.

Thank you for reading my story of my first experience. Have a nice day everyone.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Items of many types, especially of occultic value, can attract malevolent spirits. Antique shops are no exception to this. I wouldn't be surprised if you or one of your family members riled up this entity a bit in one way or another (possible personal manifestation of a spiritual attribute that it doesn't like). I hope that nothing comes of it within your house or workplace. Such is a danger when such beings take a particular interest & don't mean well.

May you & your family be well protected with great blessings against such lurking darkness.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I too hope that we didn't attract anything. I'm not sure what we could have done to attract it though. It really did sound angry whatever it was. Hopefully it is just stuck there in that building.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Maybe it was a stray cat. Cats, especially if they have a litter of kittens, will growl when they feel they and their offspring feel threatened.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am sure it wasn't a cat. Not only did I investigate the area moments after the sound I know what cats sound like, and this was no cat. My sister described it as a growl, I thought it was more like a ragged sounding sigh, but she was closer then I was. I don't know what it was, but I know it wasn't a cat.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
My father stayed at a family member's house once where a rolled up carpet growled at him, I think he has the story posted online somewhere actually... Let me go look for it..

----

It appears his blog is offline, if he ever starts it back up I will grab that story and link it here.

Basically it goes, he and his father were staying with family friends who were just moving or had just moved. He was stuck sleeping in the basement overnight, and when he woke up in the morning everybody else was upstairs. He was listening to the grown ups talk as he slowly continued to wake up.
He noticed a rolled up carpet on the ground around him and according to him, it let out a very loud growl at one point.
He was scared #less, and ran upstairs to tell everybody. The home owner agreed with him that there was something strange about the carpet as it had done the same thing to him before, but in the older house.

They opened the carpet, and nothing was inside.

---

I suppose it is safe to say that items and furniture, etc can have spirits attached to them... This has been a theory / fact(?) for many years now. The chances are that something in the shop was haunted, or perhaps for some reason there was an animal inside... Though that sounds very unlikely...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

! am on you with you on this one ferral cats sound much more fierce than domesticated ones

new topics

top topics

join