It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just made a huge mistake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Today my sister decided to surprise me with an early birthday present (my birthday will be on the 21-st).We went to an electronics store and she asked me whether I like a PC tablet for my birthday.Of course I wanted one, long story short my choice came down between Asus Nexus and Quart QP 970.I chose the Quart although I have heard all about the Nexus, but the Nexus had a 7 inch display and the Quart 9.7 and because I will mainly use it for reading books I chose the Quart.The problem is I can't find the Quart tablet anywhere on the internet except on the site of the store I bought it from.Does anyone have this kind of tablet, why I can't find reviews for it anywhere? The tablet is working great so far but I'm kind of worried.
edit on 8-12-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

Maybe....can't tell...yet.....

Des

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Did I just made a huge mistake?

Yes. Dont worry though, just click edit, and go and change the word made to MAKE. Thats it

edit on 8-12-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

IMHO
the nexus would be the one for power and speed,
but has a smaller screen.
i guess it depends on if you want power or size

xploder

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The Quart QP 970 is absolutely the best bang for your buck tablet, it totally destroys the Nexus in functionality and just about every other aspect. ahh...who am I foolin'...wtf is a tablet anyways?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Does it have a warranty?

I wouldn't worry too much about it being unknown, every company has to start somewhere.

You could always return it if you're still worried bout it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Oh thank you, you made me feel better about myself even it was only for moment,bless you

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Yes it has a one year warranty and I can't get my hands off it.The display is reacting great, it has android ice cream operating system but the only place I can find it is this www.amc.com.mk...
I feel like I should punch myself for choosing it over the Nexus.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Don't know what tablet to choose......

Oh my goodness, what a position to be in.....

How the hell are you gonna cope with the decision you have made today....

Life is hard sometimes isn't it.....

I hope everything works out fine for you after the decision you have made.....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

No need to be nasty, it is in the computer help forum after all.And 250 $ is not a fortune for a piece of technology, not compared to an Apple product, which I despise.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have to say if it's working fine, then you shouldn't need to worry! Plus you have warranty. Enjoy it

When i bought my tablet i got the first iPad (3+ years ago) still working fine. All this "it's thinner" "it has a camera now" business doesn't really mean anything for me when it comes to a tablet computer. I don't want to be using the thing as a camera!

Anyway, I hope you have a great birthday on that very eerie and infamous date!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Happy Early Birthday.
It is probably going to be fine. If you opened it up it would say made in China just like the Asus.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Are you from Russia? The Quart looks like a Russian tablet. In Soviet Union, tablet is for vodka coaster.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I'm aware of that

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

No, I'm not from Russia, Macedonia actually.What does a Russian tablet look like?I imagine something equivalent to what Lada is in cars.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The nexus sucks.

You made a good choice.

I have an unbranded (actually NATPC) tablet and it's a fantastic bit of kit.
Good processor, 1gb ram, 8gb HDD, And being Android, it's very easily customisable.
Don't worry,You have warranty and as long as you like it and it does everything you need, then you're ok.
edit on 8-12-2012 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If it works fine and does what you want it to, I wouldn't worry about it. Be sure to fill out the warranty paper. Look over the papers that came with it, there might be a phone number or website listed. Maybe you can be the first to write a review for it. Let us know later how it's working out.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's probably odm made and branded as a number of different things in different countries. Over 90% of laptops (assuming tablets too) are made by the same 8 companies (ones most people haven't heard of) and are rebranded with the famous names

I bet it's just as good as a brand name one, but you didn't have to pay for the advertising etc.

edit on 8/12/12 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It says it's made by Foxconn, by the way thank you guys so much,I shall now download a bunch of books and enjoy them.Love u all and thanks for the help.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Foxconn is where they make all the Ipads and Playstations and things so it should be good quality I would think

top topics

<<   2 >>

join