It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi bombs government office in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Blast shakes downtown: No one injured; bomb fails to breach building An explosive device was detonated Friday morning by the back door of the U.S. Social Security Administration office, shaking downtown Casa Grande, but no one was injured. Federal agents, including those of the FBI, rushed to the scene. The FBI would not confirm whether anyone was in custody, but the Casa Grande Dispatch learned that a Coolidge resident, Abdullatif A. Aldosary, 47, was being questioned. The investigation involved agents’ going to his home at 4732 W. Lemon Ave., on the west side of Coolidge.

Linky

Where was the lame stream media? Why isn't this on the news? If someone parades a pig too close to a mosque, dear leader is on tv waving his finger in our faces while apologizing to his islamic brethren. How long will we allow the MSM to cover up for islamofascists? Had it been a white male, they would have been all over it. It would be on a 24 hour cycle with vans parked outside his home and the jail.
edit on 3-12-2012 by DarthMuerte because: Title edited since I cannot prove he is a muslim YET!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Engaging in Jihad should be punishable by death.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I love the wording of the article... it didn't breech the door or building, but it "shook downtown". If it were strong enough to literally shake the downtown area, the building would be damaged pretty bad and lives would have been lost. This is just some idiot who will be used as the latest "see, muslims are trying to kill you" guy. More TSA, that should fix it!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Do you realize that the term "muslim" does not appear once on that page?

You have automatically made this an issue of your own devices.

You title

Muslim bombs government office in Arizona
Needs to be adjusted.

Further, there is no proof the man in for questions had anything to do with blast at this time. This presentation is really brutal in my opinion.

You are distorting things right off the get go you know.

edit on 3-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
He is a muslim and an Iraqi. Court records show Aldosary served prison time in Safford four years ago for aggravated harassment against his then employer Hunter Contracting in Gilbert, and he is currently involved in an assault and disorderly conduct case in Casa Grande. While it may be true that this bombing may not have necessarily been due to an organized violent Islamist terror group, the fact remains: organized violent Islamist terror groups set off a lot of improvised bombs. The bomber was a muslim and this is being covered up by the MSM. Maybe the MSM can report the news, and stop worrying so much about how the rest of us will react to it. The cover up leads to more questions than honest reporting ever would.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Do you realize that the term "muslim" does not appear once on that page?

You have automatically made this an issue of your own devices.

You title

Needs to be adjusted.

Further, there is no proof the man in for questions had anything to do with blast at this time. This presentation is really brutal in my opinion.

You are distorting things right off the get go you know.

edit on 3-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Right. The words Muslim, Islam and Jihad are all absent from the article.

You, OP, are making a judgement based on a person of interest's name.

Tsk Tsk.

Rabble rouse much?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The bomber was a muslim and this is being covered up by the MSM.

Where in that article does it acknowledge that the suspect in for questioning has been charged with the bombing?

I will gladly retract my statement, but as per that article, at this time, there is not evidence that he has been formally charged.

My issue is that you, much like many MSM outlets, have pre-emptively spun this story without all the facts to target "Muslims".

What ever happened to due diligence?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think the name, Abdullatif A. Aldosary, says it all.

Its almost like saying "Tommy Smith" is not a christian.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't think the MSM will run with this story - it's too politically charged at a time when everyone is suppose to focus on the "fiscal cliff."

But the truth is an Iraqi (Muslim likely) just used an IED in the US against a government agency - that sounds newsworthy to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I think the name, Abdullatif A. Aldosary, says it all.

Its almost like saying "Tommy Smith" is not a christian.

That almost tops my list of most "Ignorant things ever said" list.

Back on topic, the cops have him in custody, i certainly they do not use the same reasoning or this guy and many others could be screwed.

I wonder what kind of explsoive this was?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

This blogger from Arizona, and from a credible site, cites right wing extremism: www.dailykos.com...

ETA: Obviously, that story was written before the suspect was apprehended. But trying to add balance -- and trying to think through why the Social Security office? Did he not get his check on time?
edit on 3-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by MDDoxs

This blogger from Arizona, and from a credible site, cites right wing extremism: www.dailykos.com...

ETA: Obviously, that story was written before the suspect was apprehended. But trying to add balance -- and trying to think through why the Social Security office? Did he not get his check on time?

the DailyKos says everything is right wing extremism.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Iraqi Refugee Bombs...

On Friday night, both CNN and Reuters reported the bombing, but neither identified Aldosary or mentioned his Iraqi roots.
I put it to you that his religious affiliation is known but being covered up on orders from dear leader. However, since I cannot prove that he is a muslim, I will change the title to "Iraqi bombs government office in Arizona" if I can.

link   

reply to post by MDDoxs

Assuming the bombing today in Casa Grande is the product of right wing extremism, it is already beginning. And make no mistake, if this is right wing extremism, the difference between this bombing and the Oklahoma City bombing is only in scale...the intent is the same.

Far from conclusive, but it does appear that this area does have an environment that is charged.

link   

reply to post by MDDoxs

Nope! He's assuming that it's right wind extremism and then basing his opinion on that assumption.

Assuming this is a bombing, and that the bombing was conducted by a right wing zealot opposed to big government (neither of which we know for sure), I think we are seeing the start of something that I have seen coming for awhile.

No where in his blog does he say Muslim, Islam or Jihad.

He does compare the action with Jared Laughner's, who is not a Muslim!

Assuming the bombing today in Casa Grande is the product of right wing extremism, it is already beginning. And make no mistake, if this is right wing extremism, the difference between this bombing and the Oklahoma City bombing is only in scale...the intent is the same.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I'm not trying to start a flame war (and it appears the OP isn't either) but come on: Iraq is 97% Muslim. It is likely. That is all.

The number of Iraqi Americans is around 140,000 according to the Arab American Institute. According to the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, 49,006 Iraqi foreign born immigrated to the United States between 1989 and 2001 and 25,710 Iraqi-born immigrants naturalized between 1991 and 2001. However, the 2000 United States Census reported that there were approximately 90,000 immigrants born in Iraq residing in the United States.

Source (I know... Wikipedia): en.wikipedia.org...

ETA: In thinking this through a bit more, I don't think it has anything to do with "domestic terrorism" because the office was empty - that's not the MO of bombers looking for maximum news coverage. This seems personal, like he really didn't get his check or something.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I haven't seen a source proving that he's an Iraqi. Additionally, I know many Iraqis and they are all Chaldean Christians!
edit on 3-12-2012 by windword because: Chaldean

link   
Propaganda yet again
you could have titled this thread
Man bombs government office in Arizona
instead of

Stories like this people dont realize that the same person could have been any religion, colour, nationality yet it always seems to draw attention from the sheep when its something to do with a bit more # stirring or shifting conciousness via an event.
this could in fact be a muslim who is pissed off with the way they are all getting tarred by the same brush and not treated as individuals, seen what is happening globally and the anti muslim impression that seems to playing out to the world.
We should all Tri

Without mixing the colours we cant create new ones.
Without sharing knowledge we cant create new things.
When you subtract the divisions its the only mathematical sum that when added together makes 1

link   
reply to post by Jason88

Jason, I appreciate the attempt to balance the topic at hand.

My concern is that the information we discuss here must be examined critically, why could the title of the thread not shared that of the article:

Blast shakes downtown: No one injured; bomb fails to breach building

Why make it about Muslims right off the get go? Why skew peoples perceptions before they have a chance to review the material?

To be honest, you could be right. Though working from the information presented in the OP, there is no evidence as of yet to link muslim and/or Islamic terrorism.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Not sure about this source but it claims he is Iraqi (also doesn't think its "terrorism" either): www.redstate.com...

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by Jason88

Why make it about Muslims right off the get go? Why skew peoples perceptions before they have a chance to review the material?

My thought: grab ATS headlines with sensational title. Again, something is personal about this attack. Backdoor of an empty building is fairly low key on scale.

Edit. My bad there were employees inside at the time but the office was not open (just re-read original article in OP). So still personal, but possibly targeting someone specifically who works there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join