It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin defends itself from ANOTHER brutish human!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
to be honest the parents are douches... "the attraction is dangerous.." So you got bit a little from a dolphin...you can get hurt worst by tripping and falling on the street. Some small cuts and a bruise.... sheesh.... americans would sue anything to make money...

My bike's chain bit me one time. Went straight through the skin on the side of my thumb. I had reached down there and suddenly the chain and metal sucked me in without warning. Sued that bike so hard that it's still up on the wall doomed to hang for eternity.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't care what it was doing. If I had a daughter, and it bit her for whatever reason, it's going to die. I don't care if she poked it in the eye.

The dolphin should be put down. If I had my sidearm, that dolphin would be full of holes if I could safely discharge the weapon. However, I doubt I would be shooting anything at sea world.

The video even proves the dolphin should be put down.
edit on 3-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Next on CNN....

edit on 3-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I figure it's been long enough....

My original OP stance was for comedic effect ladies and gentlemen...

However the sentiment is still there.

Dolphin = 1

Humans = 0

Listen to the rules the warden provides you: in *every* prison you visit, k?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The reactions to this clip are completely overblown... I watched the news clip & the original video. I'm really not getting why everyone is treating this like it's controversial. It's as clear as day what happened. The child made a split-second mistake, the dolphin reacted accordingly, she received a couple scrapes, & the parents overreacted somewhat. So what's the big story??

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

There is none apart from the over-reaction of some people and the great humor in this thread

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Do you really need a dolphin expert to tell you that the animal was just going for the food that the girl was holding in her hand?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
I don't care what it was doing. If I had a daughter, and it bit her for whatever reason, it's going to die. I don't care if she poked it in the eye.

The dolphin should be put down. If I had my sidearm, that dolphin would be full of holes if I could safely discharge the weapon. However, I doubt I would be shooting anything at sea world.

The video even proves the dolphin should be put down.
edit on 3-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Oh bullsnot. Stupidity has consequences. Hopefully she's a bit smarter now about following directions. That dolphin realized the mistake immediately, otherwise those wounds would have been a LOT more severe.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Uh?

You take your kid to a place to see wild a animals that are trapped and blame the animal?

The brains of humans are indeed a wonderful miracle.......

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by milkyway12

Uh?

You take your kid to a place to see wild a animals that are trapped and blame the animal?

The brains of humans are indeed a wonderful miracle.......

Yeah man, that's where those delicious energy drinks come from.

(@ your Avatar)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I think "humping" is the only dolphin aggression I know

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Cool idea...I will trademark them Monster Soylent Bull Wings.

Drink up!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Dolphins can be incredibly sweet, but dolphins have also been known to gang rape human swimmers.

I don't think this dolphin was acting aggressively. He was looking for fish, and when she held up the tray he associated it as such and tried to get the fish. He/she obviously let go when it realized it had the girls hand, or else she'd be in the pool.

Some things I bet you didn't know about dolphins

more
edit on 4-12-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

"They were reminded repeatedly, not to pick up the trays."

CASE CLOSED

Nothing more to say, the Mom says, 'Well she just kinda forgot...'

Well, she just kinda got her arm bitten didn't she? Blame the parents for having kids that don't listen.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I am not a dolphin behavior analyst, but my best friend is. She has worked, trained, and studied dolphins in the wild and domestically at the National Aquarium.

She will be the first to tell you that they are not nice, they are not cute little Flipper, and they will bite the snot out of you as soon as look at you.

So yes, they can be jerks.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Perhaps if the idiots (and the kid too) kept in mind that these are animals and not animatronics all set up and programmed to be kind and gentle, these crazy things wouldn't happen.

I suppose the father is right. In the light of that inability to show common sense...it is a dangerous exhibit. They should avoid it for life so others can enjoy it without the drama.

I'm on Flipper's side 100%

Wrabbit, like most rabbits, spoke the simple truth.

There's a reason why Disneyland exists. For the simple fact that teddy bears, (even grown men dressed as them), cannot bite your children.

If you're worried ever so slightly about such a thing, then don't go to to a damn zoo.

It's like going to a prison, and teasing a prisoner with a cigarette. Put that hand through the bars long enough, and you're going to lose your shiny watch - or a finger.

It really does amaze me every time I hear of these cases, where not only is the family surprised - but the MSM warrants it as news-worthy.

The idiocracy won't stop until all wild-life in captivity are de-fanged or extinct.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
please how is this any different when a dog or a horse or any other animal takes a little nip from you by accident , if the animal attacked her she would be dragged into the water and drowned !

what do you expect from animals who cant go out and hunt by themselves , if its only source of food is when the people feed it , then of course it will go for the tray because its probably starving .

I see free the dolphins from this attraction and all the other animals, if humans want to look at animals then go find them in nature and do it yourself.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Definitely. If I was a dolphin held in captivity, gawked at by hairless toothy monkeys day in and day out, with only fish to keep me satiated... I would jump at the first chance to give one a reality check.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Again, as I said, because I knew you would be predictable, this is also studied in the wild. People have these Disney notions that dolphins are innocent and your friend, when they are not.

"Oh they save humans drowning in the ocean!" That is because you don't hear from the humans they pushed the other way.

Sorry, but I will take the information from the zoologist/biologist, not you.

That all being said:you go near animals, you risk a chance of being bit. I went to a horse camp about the same age as that girl, I got bit and got an injury that lasted over a year. No big deal, it was a risk I took.

The parents are drama queens and over reacting. They should just keep their kid safe inside while getting fatter watching the safe tv.

My arguement on the dophin's behalf? She wasn't even watching what she was doing, she is near a large animal, she turns to the side to start chatting.

When she turns 16, she will probably kills someone from texting and driving.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
How bout we get rid of these exhibits altogether... if i was an animal i dont think i would want to be held captive in a enclosure for human amusement... what if a more dominiant species did that to us?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join