It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So on Dec 22,2012 what will the next end date be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
And what will happen to all the Nibiru people? I really feel like Dec 21,2012 is the end all be all doomsday date. I honestly feel like some people will actually be disappointed. Not at the lack of death and what not, because I don't think a single dooms-dayer is hoping for that. But more because every other date and prediction has been wrong. And this Dec 21 thing has been going on for quite some time now... A lot of momentum for this date and when absolutely nothing happens, I just see a lot of disheartened folks.

So what will happen next? Is another date being worked on by those folks? Will it be a ,oh we had it wrong, its actually 2021 not 2012. Or will the doomsday dates FINALLY come to an end for at least... a little while.....? I for one hope this is the end of the doomsday predictions.. But it begs the question, what on earth will the history channel do after Dec 21, 2012?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
2020 has a nice symmetry to it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
dont discount the fact that they can still milk it for another year or 2.

the argument about Christs birthday will come into play and that the calander was wrong will give the dooms day preachers another 2 years.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

you should make a thread on abovetopsecret.com.
that would be really interesting.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I agree with you that 12/21/12 is sort of the end all, be all Doomsday date. It's been the most talked about, speculated on and believed in (or sort of believed in) of them all. I look forward to it passing and nothing happening. I think that will wake a lot of people up.

It will be time to finally accept there is no prophesied date to fear, people will, hopefully, finally believe that the real threat to our species comes from within ourselves and our own actions. Maybe after we can be done with sitting on our hands waiting for the end, we'll take some fresh steps toward progress.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
January 19, 2013

Just a guess.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
2112 of course

That's one of my favorites from Rush

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This guy claims 2112... Best get prepared!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-12-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

you should make a thread on abovetopsecret.com.
that would be really interesting.

you should hang out a while so you learn from other members on how to contribute to a thread..

see i went and broke from my own advice
edit on 2-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrryph
I agree with you that 12/21/12 is sort of the end all, be all Doomsday date. It's been the most talked about, speculated on and believed in (or sort of believed in) of them all. I look forward to it passing and nothing happening. I think that will wake a lot of people up.

It will be time to finally accept there is no prophesied date to fear, people will, hopefully, finally believe that the real threat to our species comes from within ourselves and our own actions. Maybe after we can be done with sitting on our hands waiting for the end, we'll take some fresh steps toward progress.

Yea I think of all the end dates we see here, this would be the only one to ever reach the mainstream. Which leads me to my point, I really fear for some of the disappointment these folks will go through.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Before we get too cocky, we should wait and see what happens. The amount of disinfo/misinfo is tremendous but that is no surety that nothing significant will happen. By far, most of the universe is a mystery to us so we should show a little humility. Personally, I believe we are in for something big and beyond our wildest imaginings.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Apophis 2029.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I can imagine a lot of ATSers sitting around the table, covered with candles and unicorn crystals and whatnot all "ammm...ammmm....ammm" waiting for enlightenment. Some sort of pseudo-Christian second coming thing with trumpets being played by Greys as the skies open and Nordics come down in white robes and gather all the True Believers together for Ascension and integration into the Cosmic Brotherhood, and all the scoffers like Phage and myself are left behind as dross, while the UFO faithful rise to the stars.

Only nothing happens. As the night wears on, the pregnant pauses get longer, the talk a bit more morose, a few of them shouting out the window "I do believe in the Great Pumpkin Cosmic Brotherhood, I do I do!", and then the cold breeze of midnight blows, it's the 22nd, and it's "Oh, wow, man, total bummer" and off they go to their job at the Food Lion the next day.

Of course, the 23rd, someone will figure out that the date is REALLY 2014! And it'll be ok again.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rollsthepaul
Before we get too cocky, we should wait and see what happens. The amount of disinfo/misinfo is tremendous but that is no surety that nothing significant will happen. By far, most of the universe is a mystery to us so we should show a little humility. Personally, I believe we are in for something big and beyond our wildest imaginings.

www.youtube.com...

I invite any and all of you who truly believe something will happen to deposit your bank funds into my account. I mean ,who needs it with the end of the world coming and all

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I would have to say 02.20.20 Luckily also my birthday!! ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It's already out there: March something, 2013.
(Don't ask me for the exact date, or by whom or where it was predicted. I am not THAT interested, so I forgot.

But it's already out there.)

edit on 2-12-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
When I said that bit about "sitting on our hands waiting for the end," I was speaking a lot for my own self, not just some judgement on people who sincerely believe in this. I don't think of myself as a *believer* by any means, but it has absolutely piqued my interest and thoughts. Enough that I can't comfortably pish posh it all away completely. Even if the most likely occurrences will ultimately be self-fulfilling prophecy, people just straight up losing their marbles enough to cause some dramatic world-altering events.

So, my interest will continue until the day comes, and hopefully I can watch it all pass and finally move the hell on.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Shrryph because: Grammar makes me crazy.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrryph
When I said that bit about "sitting on our hands waiting for the end," I was speaking a lot for my own self, not just some judgement on people who sincerely believe in this. I don't think of myself as a *believer* by any means, but it has absolutely peaked my interest and thoughts. Enough that I can't comfortably pish posh it all away completely. Even if the most likely occurrences will ultimately be self-fulfilling prophecy, people just straight up losing their marbles enough to cause some dramatic world-altering events.

So, my interest will continue until the day comes, and hopefully I can watch it all pass and finally move the hell on.

If I was honest with myself, Im probably in the exact same boat, but I refuse to be honest with myself.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm guessing November 2013 . They've discovered a giant comet ( C/2012 S1) straight out of the oort cloud . It's possible that this could be the brightest comet in recent history , maybe even in all of history . Even little comets frequently bring about end of the world or second coming predictions and with this coming pretty close to Christmas you just know somebody's jumping on that bandwagon . Bear in mind that this looks like a brand new one with no track record so it's also possible that it could just evaporate as it nears the sun .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join