It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Sherriff Protects 1ST Amendment At Albany Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is video shot by Jason Burmas at the location of Albany Airport.

I watched, amazed at the courage of one Sherriff as he took a stand
to protect the rights of the two brave people Ashley Jessica and Jason Bermas
who embarked on a mission to apprise travelers and educate people about opting
out of dangerous body scanners and filming of intrusive pat downs.

Awesome, just awesome!

www.youtube.com...

You dont want to miss this one, its good.

Stand up and make a difference where you are now.
edit on 1-12-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Did you just say "freedom mission"...

anyways... it's their airport, their rules... the guy was correct from the beginning and was never wrong. In fact, it was the 'law man' that had to step in and show these fools the light. Where's your insurance? Did you turn in an application to be able to do this? No, and no... Thank you, come again....

that's one heck of a "freedom mission" lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Interesting views from you, however the two never did present their identification
to that ......ahem......"representative"...and they carried on without doing so.
And the Sherriff told him to stand down.

As it should be.....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Awesome Job by Officer Lenic! If the vast majority of LE acted with the discretion this fine officer did cops would not have such a sordid reputation these days...

This and the NYC cop who bought the homeless guy some boots is good to hear for change. Lets hope it marks a turning point for how LE treats people!

The local news for that area picked up the story.

edit on 1-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Great video, this all I have to say, very impressed with the LEOs professionalism
S&F

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

This and the NYC cop who bought the homeless guy some boots is good to hear for change. Lets hope it marks a turning point ...

Yes, lets hope. Perhaps these will be the times when people take a stand,
and show that they dont "belong to the government" after all.

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe that there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough. and what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”
― Lemony Snicket

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

just watched it again, an inspiration for sure.
All three of them, they did well.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Officer Lenic, A big well done your a credit for your Police department

Just shows that a bit off commen sense and civility goes along way in an potentialy "I am the law" situation.

Theres vacancies comming up in the PSNI if you fancy a change from airport duty.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Just as people should feel encouraged to contact police departments when cops violate their charter, I would Strongly encourage people to find where this Sheriff works and let them know how appreciative we are that he so commendably performed his duties. ATS knows more than most, just how important it is to have good men in authority.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Good job officer.
I wonder were all the cop haters are.
I am sure they will say this is a staged event.

At the end of the day this is one good honest cop. And I to all the haters out there he is one of many good cops.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
That Deputy Sheriff is a true Officer of the Law. Thanks for sharing this, OP.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
at last a member of law enforcement actually protecting peoples rights and putting the opressor in their place, if your not breaking any laws your not a criminal ( thats who politicans use the legal loopholes)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
Good job officer.
I wonder were all the cop haters are.
I am sure they will say this is a staged event.

Unfortunately this is rare now days for Cops. I did not hesitate to praise this Sheriffs Deputy for his fine upstadning actions but I generally dislike cops and these rare occasions where a real peace officer gets some recognition does not absolve all the cops out there abusing peoples rights. A lot of cops don't necessarily get out of control like beatings false arrests etc. but they have attitudes and will often abuse peoples rights even mildly just to show their authority....

edit on 1-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Albany Sheriff Department gave Deputy Lenic a commendation. That is awesome.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

this old guy with the glasses. Look at him and take a mental note of this guys vibe. This is who is doing the foot work for our problems. They want a comfortable ride. Look at him. There are many like him. That entire generation has failed us. So vastly different than their parents. They were the point when our sons and daughters began to ruin what their parents built.

fools.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Bravo...

Absolutely awesome.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
A decent guy doing his job right.
good for him.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I love the fact that some people think when we complain about excesive force, that we are complaining about all the cops. FALSE!! When we complain about excessive force, it's just that. Then people stand up for the brutality When we praise a LEO for doing his job properly, we get told what we're going to say next instead of just letting us be happy there are some LEO's that are the correct caliber for the job.

I for one dont see this becoming a trend, but a breath of fresh air inside of an unstable pig pen.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Albany airport us owned by the county.....private property rules do not apply. It's not the same as a mall etc. and there is something mentioned about property where Feds are employed. They followed all the rules listed on the TSA website and the airport website.

The airport media rep, which is all that jerk is, is a former newscaster.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join