It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Figuring In The Leap Years It Shows End Date Of 12/12/12. Look Out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I just crunched some numbers and if I'm not mistaken, starting with the begin date from the Official Long Count Mayan Calendar, I come up with roughly give or take a few hours, within the date 12/12/2012.
Can this be real? Anyone good at Calculus?

I'm putting this in jokes for now, just for now. Let's do some maths.

I've been using a few basic applications to do most of the work, once I've pinpointed moon cycles between vectors. Here's a tool to use if you want to help: LINK

Note: It is very difficult finding accurate data on moon cycles before the 1100's. That is why I have put "within a few hours" of the date 12/12/2012. But it will be close!

Anyways, thought I would share my info with ATS and try to get help fine tunning the time as much as possible.

Happy Holidays!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That is a weird joke.

I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that the world is going to end in a couple weeks. Boy, time flies when you're gobbling bullsh*t.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yeah, it's not a joke. I just know people are going to think I'm joking so I thought I might as well not freak anyone out and just put it into jokes.

Also, it could be a joke if in a couple of weeks if I'm wrong.

So, just in case.
edit on 30-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

It certainly does.
I'm feeling bloated myself.

I can't believe how many people are stuck on the 21st...
I'm like, just do some maths people!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I guess we'd better enjoy the next few weeks then!

Seriously, though, do people really still think the world will end? Most major religions actually specify that no one can accurately predict doomsday, not to mention most of the scenarios proposed by 2012 Nutballs (i.e. Nibiru/Planet X) can already be debunked since they should have started happening by now. Especially if it's the 12th.

What will be the next apocalypse be once this whole 2012 thing is over? I'm actually kind of interested to find out.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Just think of the people who won the Powerball.

That sucks 4 them.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I know, it's like that movie from the 80's with Richard Prior trying to spend an enormous amount of money as quickly as possible.

I would probably just go out and buy a new Lamborghini each day and then total it each time and then go out and get a new one every day until it's on/over.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Yup.

Brewster's Millions.

Good movie. I was thinking about the same movie when I thought I was going to win. Spending a couple hundred million dollars in less than a month would be hard work! But it would be fun!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So the Mayans knew about Jesus?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hell no, I am going to the opera on the 15th. World isn't ending, Mayan's can kiss my ugly rear.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Mayan's on the way over then...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Just think of the people who won the Powerball.

That sucks 4 them.

OMG that is so funny and out of the blue, you really made me laugh with that take on it all!!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

ZOMG.
:shk:

you are comparing apples to oranges or in this case
the julian+gregorian calendar with the mayan/mesoamerican calendar
there are NO leap years in the latter because due to it's superior accuracy
none are needed
as has been debunked multiple times

really hate to be that guy but this leap year fallacy has been posted multiple times,
though at least you didn't copy/paste someone else's error,
but made it all on your own

and that is no joke doc
edit on 30-11-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & comment so as to not get doc in trouble by giving anyone ideas

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by DrGod

ZOMG.

you are comparing apples to oranges or in this case
the julian+gregorian calendar with the mayan/mesoamerican calendar
there are NO leap years in the latter because due to it's superior accuracy
none are needed
as has been debunked multiple times

really hate to be that guy but this has not only been posted multiple times,
though at least you didn't copy/paste someone else's error,
but made it all on your own

and that is no joke doc

My company spent over $45,000 this year working on this equation. It took us 9 months to obtain all of the data.

There is no way that we not 99.98% accurate.
We have been fortunate to have an amazing team working on this and I can assure you that our results are precise.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

then you had a .02% chance of being wrong
and blew your 45k
them's the breaks

leap years are a corrective necessity due to the accumulating error brought about by a bad calendar
without them the calendars relation to the seasons would drift off course
the meso american calendar like all calendars being more precise never required them
in addition the relevant calendar regarding 12/21/12 is the Long Count, which has no months, its just a toting up of days

Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar

Using a modified vigesimal tally, the Long Count calendar identifies a day by counting the number of days passed since a mythical creation date that corresponds to August 11, 3114 BCE in the Gregorian calendar.[n 1] The Long Count calendar was widely used on monuments.

Correlations between Western calendars and the Long Count

The Maya and western calendars are correlated by using a Julian day number of the starting date of the current creation – 13.0.0.0.0 4 Ajaw, 8 Kumk'u.[n 4] This is referred to as a correlation constant. The generally accepted correlation constant is the Modified Thompson 2, "Goodman, Martinez, Thompson" – GMT correlation of 584,283 days. Using the GMT correlation the current creation started on September 6, 3114 BC (Julian) or August 11 in the Proleptic Gregorian calendar. The study of correlating the Maya and western calendar is referred to as the correlation question.[7][8][9][10][11] In Breaking the Maya Code, Michael D. Coe writes: "In spite of oceans of ink that have been spilled on the subject, there now is not the slightest chance that these three scholars (conflated to GMT when talking about the correlation) were not right...".[12]

The evidence for the GMT correlation is historical, astronomical, and archaeological:

Historical: Calendar Round dates with a corresponding Julian date are recorded in Diego de Landa's Relación de las cosas de Yucatán, the Chronicle of Oxcutzkab and the books of Chilam Balam. Oxcutzkab and de Landa record a date that is a Tun ending. Regarding these historical references in The Skywatchers Aveni writes: "All the assembled data are consistent with the equation November 2, 1539 = 11.16.0.0.0. Thus for the GMT, or 11.16 correlation we find that A = 584,283...".[13] The fall of the capital city of the Aztec Empire, Tenochtitlan, occurred on August 13, 1521. A number of different chroniclers wrote that this was a Tzolk'in (Tonalpohualli) of 1 Snake. Post-conquest scholars such as Sahagun and Duran recorded Aztec calendar dates with a calendar date. Many indigenous Guatemalan communities, principally those speaking the Mayan languages known as Ixil, Mam, Pokomchí, and Quiché, keep the Tzolk'in and (in many cases) the Haab'[14] and in Veracruz, Oaxaca and Chiapas, Mexico[15] These are all consistent with the GMT correlation.

Astronomical: Any correct correlation must match the astronomical content of classic inscriptions. The GMT correlation does an excellent job of matching lunar data in the supplementary series.[16] For example: An inscription at the Temple of the Sun at Palenque records that on Long Count 9.16.4.10.8 there were 26 days completed in a 30 day lunation.[17] This Long Count is also the entry date for the eclipse table of the Dresden Codex[18] [n 5] which gives eclipse seasons when the Moon is near its ascending or descending node and an eclipse is likely to occur. Dates converted using the GMT correlation fall roughly in this eclipse season. The Dresden Codex contains a Venus table which records the heliacal risings of Venus. The GMT correlation agrees with these to within a few days which is as accurately as these could have been observed by the ancient Maya.

Archaeological: Various items that can be associated with specific Long Count dates have been isotope dated. In 1959 the University of Pennsylvania carbon dated samples from ten wood lintels from Tikal.[27] These were carved with a date equivalent to 741 AD using the GMT correlation. The average carbon date was 746±34 years.

If a proposed correlation only has to agree with one of these lines of evidence there could be numerous other possibilities. Astronomers have proposed many correlations, for example: Lounsbury,[28] Fuls, et al.,[29] Böhm and Böhm[30] and Stock.[31]

Today, 00:56, Friday November 30, 2012 (UTC), in the Long Count is 12.19.19.16.19 (GMT correlation).

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

You still haven't read what forum category this is in, have you?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

lol
well if you think blowing 45k is a joke
more power to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteriousmysteries

Isaac Newton says it is 2060 based on the book of revelations; I believe it was chapters 11 and 12, speaking about a red dragon chasing a woman around!!

I can't help it! I've tried very hard to believe that nothing major will happen. I've spent too much time watching H2 and the Countdown to the Apocalypse... I will be so relieved when we make it past December 12th, 21st, and the Spring of 2013! I know, there's more. . . But after the "BIG" date of 12/21/12, (if we make it), I know that I will feel so much relief and that many other people will also!
Blessings!!

join