It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon appreciation thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I just stumbled upon this. At the moment, I'm having difficulties deciding whether it is more stupid or more funny.

All I can say for sure is that this song/video has a lil bit of everything:
  • [color=F0D54F]It has funny.
  • [color=F0D54F]It has stupid.
  • [color=FFF717]& It has BACON!!!!!!

It almost sounds like it could maybe possibly be described as being somewhat of a mix between 'The Beach Boys' & 'The Lonely Island'. lol. Just check it out.

"Rub a dub dub, rub some bacon on it...."

edit on 12/3/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
    link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
    I just stumbled upon this. At the moment, I'm having difficulties deciding whether it is more stupid or more funny.

I thought it was more funny...but I only made it to 1:12 because 1) The chorus annoyed me
    and 2) I got the jist of what he was trying to say. Rub some bacon on it!

edit on 3-12-2012 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:46 AM
    link   
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

I'd say this video has a 7:3 funny to stupid ratio going on.

Other than that I don't know what to say... It definetly has bacon. Perhaps the fiscal cliff could be avoided by applying this tactic. It goes with the beat...

We're going off a fiscal cliff,
    Rub some bacon on it...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
    link   
    reply to post by curiousrb

"BRAVO-- Well said, friend!!!"

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
    link   
    My youngest son (who's naptime I have utterly wasted today) will run around the house yelling
    "BACON BACON BACON......" every time I am cooking it. His song, rant, demand doesn't end until he has the bacon in his mouth!

We are all bacon lovers in our house, but he truly belongs here!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
    link   
    love at first bite

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
    link   
    Spaghetti carbonara last night.
    That's bacon, cream, eggs, cheese, butter... and oh, a clove of garlic - high in anti oxidants you know.

Vegetable juice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner tonight.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:44 PM
    link   

Smoked bacon got me through alcoholism..sad but true..

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:23 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Cinrad

So you'd rather add cream instead of booze (Hwhite wine) to your sgetti carbonara? Bacon would get lonely and cry?

My fav Bacon and sgetti dish is still crumbled Bacon over noodles - drizzle liberally with olive oil. Dash it up with balsamic vinegar. Mix and add grated Parmesan cheese. Top with extra Bacon that is extra crispy. Can even add a few sun dried tomatoes if you are like that. Always serve with a side of 2 slices of Bacon - only 2, the Bacon rationing is mandatory.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:05 AM
    link   
    reply to post by ChuckNasty

..i used cream but its just that it was Stewarts Cream Of The Barley..

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:43 AM
    link   
    BEWARE.
    This will drive you mad for bacon pancakes

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
    link   
    Back when I was in the trades, I would cook up my bacon the night before, then smother it with Log Cabin maple syrup, wrap it up in foil and then throw it in the fridge until I left for work in the morning. It was a great snack before lunch, I can tell yuh that much. ~$heopleNation
    edit on 6-12-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
    link   
    Bacon Tree

Two Illegal Mexicans are stuck in the desert after crossing into the United States , wandering aimlessly and starving. They are about to just lie down and wait for death, when all of a sudden Luis says.......

"Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell. Ees bacon, I theenk."

"Si, Luis, eet sure smells like bacon. "

With renewed hope they struggle up the next sand dune, and there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon.

There's raw bacon, there's fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon.... every imaginable kind of cured pork.

"Pepe, Pepe, we ees saved. Ees a bacon tree."

"Luis, maybe ees a meerage? We ees in the desert don' forget."

"Pepe, since when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smell like bacon... ees no meerage, ees a bacon tree."

And with that, Luis staggers towards the tree. He gets to within 5 metres, Pepe crawling close behind, when suddenly a machine gun opens up, and Luis drops like a wet sock. Mortally wounded, he warns Pepe with his dyingbreath,

"Pepe... go back man, you was right, ees not a bacon tree! "

"Luis, Luis mi amigo.... what ees it? "

"Pepe... ees not a bacon tree...

Ees Ees Ees Ees Ees a ham bush...."

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:03 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
    My fellow Bacon aficionados and Bacon lovers of old...

I present.

The bacon helm

SS
    edit on Fri Nov 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited for bacon clarity

MY GOD.... Its the BACONBORN!! He was an adventurer like you until he took bacon to the knee...

My attempt at a skyrim joke... I know, miserable.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
    link   
    reply to post by steel49

Well I liked it! Horray for Skyrim/bacon mashup humour!!! I hear that if you combine several turkey corpses with some fried bacon, you can create a whole armour set. Yuleskin I think they call it

And you thought your effort was bad.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:35 AM
    link   
    How good is bacon, even a dog dying of cancer, presented with a plate full of special meat treats, goes for the bacon first.

SOURCE

Lennox was an old Boxer with cancer, severe arthritis, underwent many major surgeries and even had a massive tumor growing out of his shoulder that left him unable to stand up properly. The old dog was finally reaching his last days, so his owner decided to give him a proper send-off.

God has blessed us with many wonderful creatures, including dogs. They love us unconditionally and become a part of our family that will we remember forever. Shortly after this image was posted, Lennox passed away peacefully, finally able to rest.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
    link   
    I present....

The Bacon Explosion!

www.bbqaddicts.com...

The Original Bacon Explosion™, the world famous bacon-stuffed, bacon-wrapped Italian sausage, is enhanced with our classic Kansas City style barbecue sauce and rub, then smoked low and slow in a special blend of oak and hickory wood.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
    I present....

The Bacon Explosion!

www.bbqaddicts.com...

The Original Bacon Explosion™, the world famous bacon-stuffed, bacon-wrapped Italian sausage, is enhanced with our classic Kansas City style barbecue sauce and rub, then smoked low and slow in a special blend of oak and hickory wood.

Looks/sounds good and all, but I would love to know the entire process / brining times / recipe to make this. If it is hot smoked/cold smoked, what kind of containers it is brined in, the brine recipe, if it uses sodium nitrite/nitrates, the after smoke rub, etc. I have some knowledge on this subject

And the bacon, sausage are different processes.

What are the casings for the sausages? What are the ingredients/preservatives for the italian sausage? Whats in the BBQ sauce? Am I to understand the sauce was put inside the sausage, or added as a filler in the wrap? The smoking is nice and all, but was this through a commercial machine? Was this hot smoked at what temp?

You are what you eat. If you don't know what you eat, well, I don't know what to say. Does the manufacturer have a label telling you their entire process of what they do before you ingest it?
    edit on 6-3-2013 by Philippines because: added more

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
    I present....

The Bacon Explosion!

www.bbqaddicts.com...

Good lord!

Does that come with a free heart transplant?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Philippines

You can check the site for all the directions on making it.

As of this time, doesn't come with a free heart transplant...though you may want to be close to a defibrillator.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join