It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine rejoices after recognition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Palestine's bid for recognition sucessful

www.nzherald.co.nz

The UN General Assembly has voted overwhelmingly to recognise Palestine as a non-member state, giving a major diplomatic triumph to president Mahmud Abbas despite fierce opposition from the United States and Israel.

The 193-member assembly voted 138-9 with 41 abstentions for the resolution which enables the Palestinians to join UN agencies and sign international treaties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 29/11/12 by argentus because: Changed headline to reflect that of the source

edit on Thu Nov 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: source title

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised by the Israeli and US comments.

Perhaps we will see some change?

Many governments still say this will resolve nothing and only direct communication between Palestinian and Israeli authorities.
My country voted in favor of having Palestine a non-member state.
Maybe it will be interesting to find out what yours did?
Perhaps it wont resolve anything?
Does it mean the Palestinians will stop sending rockets to Israel, does it mean Israel wont send rockets to Gaza. We will see.

Edit: I'm interested in what the other countries are saying. Not the UN.

What do you think ATS?
What would you have voted for?

www.nzherald.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-11-2012 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
On a related note , when is the last time anyone cared what the UN thought ?

But back on topic , very interesting find , however I am not surprised . When we look back at the last year with all the rather abrupt changes in the ME one would almost expect this type of news .

Edit to add ..... This recognition will also give those in Palestine a Sense that they won their last " War " with Israel .
edit on 29-11-2012 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No it doesn't change anything the rockets will continue

Until the Middle East is restored to "arab rule" Islamic rule and the zionists are whiped from the face of the earth will they ever shut up about it.
edit on 29-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sure, Palestine. You are a state

But no Palestine, you are not a member state of the United Nations

You may continue to observe with a ever so slightly higher level of recognition

The UN's website says it is open to all peace loving states (those exist?).

Ironically, the UN's website is undergoing urgent maintenance at this momentous moment

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There's a few threads on this.

Here is a photo of the breakdown:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would like to remind everyone that one doesn't need be part of the U.N to do well in this world.

Example: Taiwan, who's economy is ranked 19th in the world.

Until recently they were ahead of China.

SS
edit on 063030p://pm3047 by Spike Spiegle because: re

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
On a related note , when is the last time anyone cared what the UN thought ?

But back on topic , very interesting find , however I am not surprised . When we look back at the last year with all the rather abrupt changes in the ME one would almost expect this type of news .

Edit to add ..... This recognition will also give those in Palestine a Sense that they won their last " War " with Israel .

The ICC and World Bank for starters.

Anybody who cares about human rights next.

And hopefully Israel, who was created by the UN. The Pali's did pretty good considering that they have to exist in an environment that must be both fortress and homestead, and must retaliate against an enemy fueled by the US Taxpayer, that consistently kills children and demolishes homes of innocent people.

=)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
I would like to remind everyone that one doesn't need be part of the U.N to do well in this world.

SS

If Taiwan declares independence, I will consider them a country.

It will NEVER happen. So in a way...Taiwan IS part of the United Nations...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't think anyone here has said that a country needs the UN to do well. They certainly don't. If anything the world needs to get rid of the UN. The USA has been kicked out of the UN before, they certainly don't need them. The UN doesn't matter.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
No it doesn't change anything the rockets will continue

Until the Middle East is restored to "arab rule" Islamic rule and the zionists are whiped from the face of the earth will they ever shut up about it.
edit on 29-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The only people who have demonstrated a tendency toward ethnic cleansing, are the Israelis. I believe I can cite several UN resolutions that concur.

And if a normal, loving parent watched their child be melted by white phosphorous, or have half their head blown off by a sniper, they would go and launch rockets at the MF's who did it until they died of thirst.

If you are worried about civilians, dont be....Israels top supporter is the USA....Dresden....Hiroshima....Nagasaki...
edit on 29-11-2012 by TheHammer22 because: spelling error

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well I guess God is punishing Israel, or wait, is that, God will punish the world for disobeying Israel? I've lost track, who cares.

Sure the UN is a bunch of UNintelligent morons, but Palestine is not the USA where 'member status' is more of a damper than anything else. Palestine is like the little orphan who finally found a home (and just in time for christmas, yes I know muslims don't celebrate christmas).

This whole debaucle could have been solved a long time ago, just have the USA give their UN status to Palestine, even exchange, we don't need it, but palestine does.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Israel has stated that they will not stop demolishing the homes of innocent people, so I doubt that the Pali's will abandon their innate right to resist occupation, as defined by the Geneva Conventions, simply because they have been afforded a bigger plate at the table.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Watch united states claiming that Palestine (the statehood) will give hope to terrorist and deem it as such. another witchhunt

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I am sure most people will down-play this move by the UN. Most people support Israel blindly without knowing why other than for religious reasons.

Palestine should have recognition as a state. Israel is recognized even though most of her neighbors disagree, yet Palestine is supported by the vast majority of neighbors and somehow this is seen by many as a bad thing.

I say let them have equal representation as Israel. I hope that this move makes some people with blind faith in Israel understand that they are a MINORITY in the world climate.

I realize that money talks and that is where the Israeli influence has it's strongest foothold in politics and influence, but money won't change the minds of people who are abused by that money like so many have been over the last few decades.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well I hope everyone has learned the gigantic extent of USrael hypocrisy:

Option A) you fire rockets, we'll label all civilians as terrorists

Option B) you try to solve the problem diplomatically, we'll vigorously fight it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
All the best to Palestine and all the peoples who live in it, now and forever more.
A great injustice is finally being redressed.

:

edit on 29-11-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So the palestinians are now recognized as a state, but because of their rocket bombardment they were denied U.N. membership. Sounds bout right.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

SS

Is Taiwan endangered politically, existentially, by being denied its nationhood?
No.
(Let's not talk about China's pretensions because the situation is a different planet entirely from the position of the Palestinians.)

All those who say this means nothing or very little should ask the Palestinians what, if anything, it means to THEM.
Hint: a whole lot.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
emaii]reply to post by TheHammer22

A link you may find interesting. mondoweiss.net/2009/04/wait-the-un-did-not-create-israel.html

As for the world Bank, do you think for a minute that they are jumping at the chance to loan them money?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join