It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Miss My Dad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
I'm sorry about your loss but I'm happy that you have some great memories and that your family was able to pull through.

I think the flower arrangement that you are making for him sounds beautiful. I definitely believe that we will all be reunited "on the other side" and I definitely believe that your Dad knows how much you all miss him and love him and that he looks in from time to time to see how you are all doing.

Best wishes for you and your family.

That is sweet. Thank you so much! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I know how you feel. My dad passed away when I was 8 and I am now 22 and I still miss him. I always remember how he would take me to the park and to the toy store. I find comfort in believing that someday, I will see him again after my time on earth is up.

I hope you have a GREAT Christmas!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoiceOfTheVoiceless90

I know how you feel. My dad passed away when I was 8 and I am now 22 and I still miss him. I always remember how he would take me to the park and to the toy store. I find comfort in believing that someday, I will see him again after my time on earth is up.

I hope you have a GREAT Christmas!

Thank you! We will always have our wonderful memories. Yes, one day we will be re-united with those who have passed before us. You have a great Christmas as well!!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I lost my father a couple of years ago, but oddly I feel him around me quite often, so I am at peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I know how you feel. It's funny this was posted today. I've been struggling a lot more than usual lately thinking about my dad. He passed almost three years ago when he was 48 and when I was 18 a couple months before I graduated from high school. I miss him so much. I actually just now took a break from listening to one of his sermons from four years ago that I had found last night. I wish I could be the man he was and I continue to strive for it. Just seeing how many people he impacted and loved on wrenches my heart. There's not one thing I desire more to have him back. I'm blessed that I still have him in my dreams.

I don't have advice really because I don't know how to cope myself. I can only be happy I was given such a strong foundation, and tons of wonderful memories. It feels like my experience is nothing anyone can relate to and is the worst but it's crazy in reality there are thousands of people who have gone thru the same thing. I don't know if I'll ever get over it. It's unfathomable to think it's going to happen again to my other family members but really it is part of life.

Good vibes.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
no one ever dies if you dont forget them ^^
hes sitting right next to you wrapping presents with you,, and his energy is all around us^^ and through out the universe now touching other peoples and things lives ^9

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
I lost my father a couple of years ago, but oddly I feel him around me quite often, so I am at peace.

How wonderful that you feel him around you
I am sorry for your loss but happy that you are at peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

God Bless Your Family Always!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Driv3Thru
I know how you feel. It's funny this was posted today. I've been struggling a lot more than usual lately thinking about my dad. He passed almost three years ago when he was 48 and when I was 18 a couple months before I graduated from high school. I miss him so much. I actually just now took a break from listening to one of his sermons from four years ago that I had found last night. I wish I could be the man he was and I continue to strive for it. Just seeing how many people he impacted and loved on wrenches my heart. There's not one thing I desire more to have him back. I'm blessed that I still have him in my dreams.

I don't have advice really because I don't know how to cope myself. I can only be happy I was given such a strong foundation, and tons of wonderful memories. It feels like my experience is nothing anyone can relate to and is the worst but it's crazy in reality there are thousands of people who have gone thru the same thing. I don't know if I'll ever get over it. It's unfathomable to think it's going to happen again to my other family members but really it is part of life.

Good vibes.

I'm so sorry that your Father passed away so young. It appears he has made quite a difference in many people's lives and that is something to be proud of. I am sure that he is proud of you for striving to be like him. People have different ways of expressing their grief. Some people don't want to talk about it, some do. You are not alone.

Yes, death is a part of life and we will all have our turn to journey on to something else, something better.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
no one ever dies if you dont forget them ^^
hes sitting right next to you wrapping presents with you,, and his energy is all around us^^ and through out the universe now touching other peoples and things lives ^9

Awwwwww, beautiful!!! Thank you so much!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150

God Bless Your Family Always!

Thank you so much!!! God Bless yours as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I choked up reading this... I miss my father too but simply because he is out of town till christmas.. I see him twice a year.. i think i will spend a little extra time with him this year.

I hope you feel better

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My Dad passed away when he was 47 and I was 19. I am now 31 and there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't thought of him. He, like your Father, also loved Christmas, so this time of the year is especially hard for me too. Sometimes, all it takes is an old Christmas song on the radio and I get all teary eyed. You're lucky in that you have other family members that you can talk to and share your memories of him with. My parents split when I was a child, he did remarry but I no longer talk to his wife. Anyway...know that you're not alone and that you will see him again someday. Have a blessed Christmas!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

I choked up reading this... I miss my father too but simply because he is out of town till christmas.. I see him twice a year.. i think i will spend a little extra time with him this year.

I hope you feel better

Thank you! Yes do try to spend whatever time that you can with your Father. I am lucky that I am able to see my Mother daily. She is 89 and I know our time together is limited. Have A Wonderful Christmas!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldenchick
My Dad passed away when he was 47 and I was 19. I am now 31 and there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't thought of him. He, like your Father, also loved Christmas, so this time of the year is especially hard for me too. Sometimes, all it takes is an old Christmas song on the radio and I get all teary eyed. You're lucky in that you have other family members that you can talk to and share your memories of him with. My parents split when I was a child, he did remarry but I no longer talk to his wife. Anyway...know that you're not alone and that you will see him again someday. Have a blessed Christmas!

It's so sad to see so many people losing loved ones at such a young age. My Dad was in his 80's and lived a very long and happy life. You're not alone either Honey. Have a blessed Christmas!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's been one year, for me. Well, a little over one year. June 23rd of last year.

He was diabetic. He played pretty fast and loose with his insulin and doctors advice. At the end, parts of his toes and feet turned black. No circulation in his feet anymore.

He stood up that day, a blood clot from his foot went up to his heart. He died at age 56.

I'm glad I wasn't there at the time, because my mom had to do CPR on him where he fell in the living room. It wasn't enough, obviously.

I am not diabetic, but if you are, take your insulin.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
It's been one year, for me. Well, a little over one year. June 23rd of last year.

He was diabetic. He played pretty fast and loose with his insulin and doctors advice. At the end, parts of his toes and feet turned black. No circulation in his feet anymore.

He stood up that day, a blood clot from his foot went up to his heart. He died at age 56.

I'm glad I wasn't there at the time, because my mom had to do CPR on him where he fell in the living room. It wasn't enough, obviously.

I am not diabetic, but if you are, take your insulin.

I am so sorry for your loss. My husband is diabetic and lost a leg due to a bloodclot. He wasn't getting enough bloodflow to the foot and he had a wound. He was very lucky that blood clot didn't travel up. He also has high blood pressure and cholesterol and he has too much iron in his blood and has to have blood taken out every so often.

Yes,it is very important if you are diabetic to take your insulin or meds and watch your diet. Thanks for bringing that up!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have not been on ATS in a while, but I logged on this was the first post I saw. I cannot say that I know how you feel but I am sorry for your loss. Our Father (I say our as I have a few sisters who get upset when one of us say MY Father) passed away this year. The loss is tremendous. Our parents were married 55 years, he passed away a few months before their 56th. Our Father loved Christmas, loved giving the presents to everyone and seeing the smiles and laughter. He loved to go around to the neighbors and give the banana nut bread that Mom made, the two of them did this for as long as I can remember. Mom cooked and Pops went around delivering the bread. This will be the first Christmas that our Father won't be delivering the banana nut bread.

Our Father was bigger than life itself. He gave and gave and never expected anything in return. He was someone you could count on, you knew he would always be there. He was there for all the games we played, whether we were a part of the team or a cheerleader cheering for the team. When I played soccer and I was running down the field, I knew I could look over to the side line and our Father was running right there with me. Then he would run to the goal as my sister was the goalie. He did this with all my siblings, never missed any of our games. All of our team-mates knew him by name as he cheered them on as well and he knew all of their names. I cannot tell you how many times our Father got the game ball or was asked to be in the team picture. He was our biggest fan and he let everyone know it. But really we were all his fans.

He brought so much life with him where ever he went. Even while going through the chemo treatments, he cheered others who were waiting for their appointment.

Our Mother's only brother passed away Nov 1, 2011. During mass it was time to go up to receive communion. Our Father always asked could he go up, knowing the answer already (he did not practice, but he believed). So he looks at Mom and ask, "Can I go up?" And her response is always "No Joe". He would then look at my nephews and nieces and say: "That's okay, I like mine with peanut butter and jelly." Which always brought a smile to their faces. They all clamored to sit next to Pops at Mass, you just never knew what he was going to say. And he only went on special occasions, confirmations and marriages to say a few.

We could not have asked for a better Father, he is our hero. I miss him more than words can ever say. Pops if your reading this, "I love you to the moon and back times infinity."

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IrishLass
I have not been on ATS in a while, but I logged on this was the first post I saw. I cannot say that I know how you feel but I am sorry for your loss. Our Father (I say our as I have a few sisters who get upset when one of us say MY Father) passed away this year. The loss is tremendous. Our parents were married 55 years, he passed away a few months before their 56th. Our Father loved Christmas, loved giving the presents to everyone and seeing the smiles and laughter. He loved to go around to the neighbors and give the banana nut bread that Mom made, the two of them did this for as long as I can remember. Mom cooked and Pops went around delivering the bread. This will be the first Christmas that our Father won't be delivering the banana nut bread.

Our Father was bigger than life itself. He gave and gave and never expected anything in return. He was someone you could count on, you knew he would always be there. He was there for all the games we played, whether we were a part of the team or a cheerleader cheering for the team. When I played soccer and I was running down the field, I knew I could look over to the side line and our Father was running right there with me. Then he would run to the goal as my sister was the goalie. He did this with all my siblings, never missed any of our games. All of our team-mates knew him by name as he cheered them on as well and he knew all of their names. I cannot tell you how many times our Father got the game ball or was asked to be in the team picture. He was our biggest fan and he let everyone know it. But really we were all his fans.

He brought so much life with him where ever he went. Even while going through the chemo treatments, he cheered others who were waiting for their appointment.

Our Mother's only brother passed away Nov 1, 2011. During mass it was time to go up to receive communion. Our Father always asked could he go up, knowing the answer already (he did not practice, but he believed). So he looks at Mom and ask, "Can I go up?" And her response is always "No Joe". He would then look at my nephews and nieces and say: "That's okay, I like mine with peanut butter and jelly." Which always brought a smile to their faces. They all clamored to sit next to Pops at Mass, you just never knew what he was going to say. And he only went on special occasions, confirmations and marriages to say a few.

We could not have asked for a better Father, he is our hero. I miss him more than words can ever say. Pops if your reading this, "I love you to the moon and back times infinity."

Your Father sounds like he was a truly wonderful man!! I am so sorry for your loss and that of your Uncle as well. The first year is especially tough and strange, but may you and your family have a peaceful Christmas this year. Hugs!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Your Avatar is so.....CUTE!! What video is that?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join