It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had or know of any strange experiences at sea?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I find the sea very fascinating as it is so mysterious and nobody knows what could be deep down there, and after reading this thread about the bloop it inspired me to find out more about strange sea creatures as it is something I havn't really looked into.

I personally have not had any strange experiences at sea but as I said it fascinates me and I want to hear more so feel free to share your own or maybe a friends experience or even stories and local folktales you know of and by strange experiences I'm talking about creatures (Known or unknown)/sea monsters.

Feel free to voice opinions but this is not a thread to come and discount and bash peoples experiences or views but friendly debate is welcome

edit on 23-11-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I seen a mermaid once, then I realized it was a drowning woman and left.

Lol, sorry.

I spent many months at sea back in the 80's, early 90's during my time on Coast Guard patrols along the Pacific coast, from Canada, down to Central America.
The only strange thing I seen was easily explained but scared the hell out of me initially.
When standing look out at around 2 am on my very first deployment, I saw what I thought was a torpedo heading for my cutter, I panicked and reported it to the OOD.
Turns out that it was a Porpoise that was bathed in bio luminescence

Man I caught hell for a long time over that, shipmates can be so cruel
Other than that, no.
edit on 11/23/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Haha it's ok nothing wrong with opening with a joke

Yeah not exactly the sort of story I'm after but still freaky/hilarious none the less

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
not exactly the kraken here, but how often do you see a whale breach water and sink a ship?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It's probably a good place to hide. I heard a story of a ufo going into the sea... lot's of stories like that. It makes me feel lonely when I'm looking at it but I like that song that comes on "mix" stations. You know, the guy is saying he is going to take his woman out and show her all these things and it sounds like he is talking about the sea, maybe even under the sea... I don't know because I don't know the name of the song so I can't look up the lyrics. It's driving me crazy. I like that song.

I think maybe there could be something down there.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMarbles
not exactly the kraken here, but how often do you see a whale breach water and sink a ship?

Damn hope they had whale insurance

But seriously, yeah that is quite strange, what would cause a while to do something like that?

Are they known to ever be aggressive? I know I've never heard of it

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
UDSO

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

If you want to know some info about USO's, then look up information about the carrier USS Roosevelt and what has been reported that its crew members saw back in the 50s.
Heres a YT of a show that I dont particularly like that reports on it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Yeah and I mean even some of the stuff that has been discovered from way down deep has been flippin weird and that's only the small things so imagine what giant things are down there? I mean even look at whales and giant squid even they fascinate me with how huge they are, they can go quite far down so they must see some strange things.
Who knows maybe there could even be some prehistoric species still alive down there

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMarbles

This ones better... Doodles gonna kill me for turning her thread into a joke thread

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Hey I'm a dude by the way and yeah don't mean to sound like a grump or anything but wouldn't mind getting back on topic

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

lol, sorry "dude." Ill take off now

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

If you want to know some info about USO's, then look up information about the carrier USS Roosevelt and what has been reported that its crew members saw back in the 50s.
Heres a YT of a show that I dont particularly like that reports on it.

Hm I'm not so much interested in USO's, more after experiences with strange creatures and things along those lines, but USO's are still good input

Man I think some dudes from back in the war must have seen things, because the war must have shaken up the seas a bit, who knows what it could have brought up? and all the dead bodies and everything could have attracted other species to come up out of the depths and have a feed, either that or they would have just waited for the scraps to float on down.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This thing freaks me out a bit

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

lol, sorry "dude." Ill take off now

Oh I wasn't meaning to tell you to leave or anything, nothing wrong with a good joke just don't wanna go off topic too far is all

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMarbles
This thing freaks me out a bit

What the heck is that thing?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Here, check it. I remember when this was news so I looked it up.

Happened back in 07 I think.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Our very first atomic powered aircraft carrier had many strange sightings and mass crew sighting as well as other ships in the strike force sightings....
Look up operation Mainbrace........

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Wow that's awesome!

Did you do any further looking into it? Like did they try and keep it alive or anything or did they just kill it and disect it and all of that stuff?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Our very first atomic powered aircraft carrier had many strange sightings and mass crew sighting as well as other ships in the strike force sightings....
Look up operation Mainbrace........

Will do, cheers

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join