It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing EVPs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Out of curiosity I've started recording EVPs again. I'd love to do a session in my parent's house one day. At best I've recorded two very brief unusual voices. And it's getting irritating because the voices seem to only last a second or so. Last night I captured what sounds like a female sighing - it happened after I left the room. Just left the recorder do it's own thing. Tonight I captured another strange sound when I came back into the room. I had taken my camera to take some night shots of the rest of my condo. Just to see if anything popped up. When I came back into the room, I sat down, turned off the recorder and my camera cord fell off my bookshelf onto the floor, the sound was captured towards the end of the recording.

Anyone have any luck with evp's? What time of day works better for you? Do you ever get anything more than just a second of what seems like a whisper? I'll post the recordings after I've captured a few and have received a second opinion on what they could be. Yes, have ruled out all natural causes and tried making the same sounds on my own. Interestingly enough the woman's voice didn't even register on the soundwave. Every noise that I made or my building made was picked up on the soundwave, you can see the wave peak. I have excluded all knocking sounds as I think they are just part of the building settling.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
How do you record an evp? Just a regular recorder, or frequencies beyond aural range? Special mikes?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

my laptop using recording software like audacity and goldwave

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
Anyone have any luck with evp's? What time of day works better for you? Do you ever get anything more than just a second of what seems like a whisper? I'll post the recordings after I've captured a few and have received a second opinion on what they could be. Yes, have ruled out all natural causes and tried making the same sounds on my own. Interestingly enough the woman's voice didn't even register on the soundwave. Every noise that I made or my building made was picked up on the soundwave, you can see the wave peak. I have excluded all knocking sounds as I think they are just part of the building settling.

The time doesn't matter. Having a spirit around helps tho.

I've had audio that sounded like a voice in the room to an almost inaudible whisper. A lot of times it's the more inaudible. I think it's just the nature of the game. It's just like luck.

I use a handheld digital audio recorder that will connect via usb. The best software I have worked with is wavepad. I would also try different headphones to make sure you find one that gives you the greatest clarity.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I've had a few ghostly experiences in my life, but I never investigated the paranormal beyond the sasquatch phenomenon, which really is not paranormal in the sense most use the word. However, I remember going to do an EVP session at a small town cemetery late on night. I did not choose a cemetery because of all the dead bodies, as I did not think that really mattered as much. I chose the spot because the town was so old, and I had read that back in the 1800's social events were often held in cemeteries. So I went out there one cold night with two of my brothers.

Anyway, I was not expecting to get anything, and I did not really ask more than a few basic questions. However, upon reviewing the recording a few days later, I was astounded. I should mention that I was recording on an old flip phone at this time, so not the best equipment. Anyway, I could hear what sounded like horses pulling a wagon, and then I heard what I assume was the driver yelling "yah" at his horses. It was relatively clear as well. This was some time ago, and I keep thinking there was something else, but I cannot remember now.

So it seems that this was some type of residual haunting that would have taken place had I been there or not. But it seemed to be only a audio phenomenon, with no accompanying visual evidence. This cemetery is quite away from everything, because the town has moved further away from where it used to be located. Therefore what was bustling back in the 1800's is basically dead calm today. I know that what I heard could not be attributed to someone with a horse and wagon in the cemetery, as it would have been easily noticeable, as the cemetery is not large at all.

There are many civil war era graves, as there was a Confederate troop training station and railhead that was located in this town back in the day. I know that a yellow fever epidemic also killed many people, and a slave uprising, or race riot or something, cost many their lives back then as well. So I would be willing to bet that some other spots in the town would give good evidence as well. So maybe some of you should try old cemeteries at night, just in case they used to be centers of public gatherings back in the day.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've had a couple of strange experiences lately and after watching a few episodes of the ghost hunters show, (I know I know, staged and fake), I thought I'd try again. I had a friend listen to the first sound wave and he agreed it sounded like a voice sighing. And the fact that the soundwave didn't move, really fascinated me. As I said, every movement I made, even whispering from another room, I could see on the monitor. The two sounds the computer captured, just appeared as normal white noise upon watching my screen.

I remember now why I stopped recording - it's soooo boring listening to the recordings...and then frustrating because you only catch a second or two of sound, and you are lucky if it's audible. My friend and I were trying to figure out what the second sound was. We decided to exclude it as it could be anything. It sounds like a voice, but it also sounds very mechanical.

But then we also got talking because we both live in large condo buildings. Mine has 184 units in it, average two people per unit. So I'm thinking, with all these different people coming and going with different cultures and beliefs, it's possible there are lots of entities or different sources of energy in this building. I'm not seeking out activity because I just don't want to attract whatever else is in this building...that said, I'm really curious to know if there is something attached to me.

Here's the catch with EVPs and anything to do with the paranormal. Once you make yourself known and actually start paying attention to energy around you - are you simply working with those entities or energies associated with you, or are you attracting more energies simply because you have opened communication with them? Food for fodder.

Hmm and White Noise with Michael Keaton just popped on tv.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aplanetaryguide

I use audacity to pick up sounds (I'm a musician so happen to have these programs handy) and then goldwave to clean up the sounds after.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I got some EVPs recently, check out my youtube page.. paradisemind1

One said "no"
another said 'we got your back"
and the other says "yes"

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I will. In conversation with my friend today, I said, I wonder if there are multiple energies/entities, or... just one messing with me?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

I have had a couple of experiences with EVPs. The one that jumps out the most to me was one day we left a recorder sitting on a table in a building that we knew to have a demonic presence, long story maybe I will share one day. Anyway, we set the recorder down and went to lunch. When we returned we listened to the hour or so of recordings, and we heard the most terrifying thing we've ever experienced. Most captured EVPs are quiet, almost background noises. Not this one. This thing wanted us to know that it knew that we were recording it. The sounds began with a tapping sound, as if it were tapping on the table "waiting" on us to return. Then it must've gotten impatient because it sounded as if it got up on the table and started pacing. And finally, the most terrifying part of all, it spoke. Well more of a growl than speaking, but it started from a distance then got right up on the recorder. It was the deepest most haunting sound I have ever heard. There is nothing that I have ever heard to compare it to, I've heard lions and tigers roar and growl at zoos, and that doesn't even come close to comparing.
Well just thinking of it is giving me chills, so I will stop there.
I just want to say be cautious with the spirits, sometimes they don't like to be bothered.

Kasei

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I do not think that "spooky" evps should be pigeon holed as "demonic".

If I was a spirit, I would probably go out of my way to mess around with people. I think it would be fun to screw with investigators.

Why don't we hear about funny supernatural events? Why is it always something "evil"?

I get a kick out of spooking my young nephew. He falls for jump scare gags all the time. I have a better time messing around with him generally, then just hanging out and being boring.

Why wouldn't spirits be the same?
edit on 11/26/2012 by mcx1942 because: wording

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kasei

Wow do you have that posted anywhere? I'm not recording as often as I thought I would be, really don't want to draw attention what else might be in this building.

The female voice I caught sounded very far away, very quiet and hard to make out but you can definitely hear the voice and almost immediately after it - a loud knocking sound ...neither registered on the sound wave. Which still baffles me.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Agreed. A growl could be coming from the spirit of an animal. Or the spirit could be messing with you. That's what I thought with both of my recordings, what if this is just one being or energy messing with me?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
for those wanting to use their laptops,
here is a link for some free software.

hope mods dont mind

www.ghost-tech.com...

i use a few of these, decent software for free

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have laid off the recording for the past few days and will pick it up again when/if further activity occurs. Had a wicked dream about my former house that convinced me to leave well enough alone for now...not sure if the dream and what has been happening are connected but I heard the message loud and clear.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
Anyone have any luck with evp's? What time of day works better for you? Do you ever get anything more than just a second of what seems like a whisper?

I have toyed around with EVP's a few times, and most of the time it is simply a whisper type voice.
I have had some luck and would actually like to share a 2 second clip, I clipped it out of an EVP session simply to keep it simple and save people time of skimming through a full 10 minute EVP session I had.

This EVP was recorded during the day, it was about a year or so back by now... If I remember correctly, it was recorded at about 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM. I recorded this when I was home alone and had the day off of work.

Here is a link to the audio file, the background sound is a bit rough, but the whisper is quite clear. With headphones it should be very easy to distinguish, even without headphones it should be quite simple. It is just a 2 second audio clip of it, but beware that the background noise is quite loud as I am in a basement.
Regardless, just focus on the creepy whisper of a child saying, "Can you please save me?"... If anybody can tell me what they think of this, I'd really like to hear some opinions of those with more experience in this area.

yourlisten.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i had a old girlfriend die of cancer last week, we had a fight a few years ago and never spoke again. Here's a clip of a EVP session I did 2 days ago trying to contact her to tell her I was sorry for the fight.
The EVP seems to say "Suck it up" or "F*ck it all" ??? what's your take.
I've looped the EVP a few times for better listening.
yourlisten.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

Interesting capturing stuff isn't it?

If you feel so inclined, try the method below, I was quite successful at capturing EVP's and received real-time responses.

Here's the OP to give you the basis, and here is the post with the set-up and the recordings of what I captured.

Note: if you have issues with the links to the EVP recordings U2U me or quote reply to that particular post and copy and paste the actual url. I alerted the Mods to that particular post because for whatever reason the links aren't directing properly to the url of where the recordings are stored but they show up fine in the quoted text when I reply to the post via the quote tab.
edit on 12/5/2012 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thanks all for the shares, will listen to them this weekend and post my thoughts then - keep them coming

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I caught a couple recordings using goldwave. Now they aren't very clear, and I haven't touched or edited them - going to try and upload them as originals. Very short - and I can't even make out what the voices are saying. The last one I just captured a few moments ago I had just asked, "Is anyone here right now?" And this voice popped up sounding possibly Oriental. I can't make out what it's saying. Will upload soon as I can.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join