It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory which could explain a phenomenon, though technically it remains a mystery.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Many on ATS and offline, including myself, have experienced odd shapes/flashes of light/rapid movement in our peripheral vision only for it to vanish when we consciously try to look at the phenomenon in question. This started a year back for me and has increased in frequency from that point on.

My theory on this phenomenon would have to do with the merging of our reality with a parallel universe. Could that be what 2012 is about? The world will end as we know it because it will merge with another universe where we could perhaps see people, just like you and I, appear out of nowhere who have abilities which we would consider supernatural or out of this world?! It would be out of this world, if this world would at that point still just be our world and not a merged universe, if that makes sense...

Only problem, how would this be accomplished? How would a parallel universe merge with ours and if it is a parallel universe it means that we would have doppelgangers who would merge in our world as well. Would they incorporate our bodies or be a human entity of their own? So many questions I cannot offer an answer to as I'm no scientist but perhaps you guys can shine a light, or at least your opinion, on this?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UFCG2012AFHS

I think it is more likely the visual receptors are concentrated heavily in the peripherals of the eye, and there are a lot fewer receptors in the central portion. When you catch a glimpse of something, it is near impossible to not swing the eyes to focus on it, but that action limits what you can actually see. If you could train yourself to use primarily the peripherals, your vision would be much more detailed.

Whether or not this means you are witnessing something paranormal I don't know. Perhaps? Perhaps that concentration of visual receptors can pick up a slight electrical or EM disturbance, but your main focal points cannot?

Or, perhaps it is just a brain construction of things you barely see and your mind attempting to connect a meaning to them. This is a common occurrence in misidentification of things.

I don't know, but I'm confident it has something to do with our peripheral vision being so much more detailed and acute than our direct line of vision.
edit on 19-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hmmm. I was afraid of this. The 2012 phenomenon has driven us insane. This can't end well, so I guess... this is the end of us. They were right....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFCG2012AFHS
Many on ATS and offline, including myself, have experienced odd shapes/flashes of light/rapid movement in our peripheral vision only for it to vanish when we consciously try to look at the phenomenon in question. This started a year back for me and has increased in frequency from that point on.

My theory on this phenomenon would have to do with the merging of our reality with a parallel universe. Could that be what 2012 is about? The world will end as we know it because it will merge with another universe where we could perhaps see people, just like you and I, appear out of nowhere who have abilities which we would consider supernatural or out of this world?! It would be out of this world, if this world would at that point still just be our world and not a merged universe, if that makes sense...

Only problem, how would this be accomplished? How would a parallel universe merge with ours and if it is a parallel universe it means that we would have doppelgangers who would merge in our world as well. Would they incorporate our bodies or be a human entity of their own? So many questions I cannot offer an answer to as I'm no scientist but perhaps you guys can shine a light, or at least your opinion, on this?

No.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oh squiggly line in my eye

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Photopsia:
Flashes of light often noticed in the edges of the visual field. Photopsia can have many causes, including mechanical (rather than visual) stimulation of light-sensitive cells (photoreceptors) in the retina. For example, a detached retina can cause photopsia when the retina pulls away or detaches from tissue in the inner back of the eye. A vitreous detachment with accompanying photopsia can occur when the eye's gel-like interior begins to shrink and pull against the retina. Photopsia can be accompanied by a shower of spots and floaters.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UFCG2012AFHS

I used to see spiders in my peripheral vision and they were never there when I looked at where they should have been. I put it down to "spider ghosts" from the great massacre of 2002 when I moved into a dusty old house armed with a hoover.

new topics

top topics

join