It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alien Encounter and the Capital Building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was thinking about this after watching a History Channel about ancient buildings being beacon for the center of a community.

During our first encounter with a fleet of alien vessels descending on Earth would it make sense for the government to enforce a strict no lights policy for residents of a country where the only light that would be seen by the alien vessels would be coming from the Capital Building?

Think about it wouldn't the aliens want to head directly to the center of societal governance to begin their attacks/negotiations?

Why would they start from the bottom up? That would take to long and would be met with extreme resistance.

Striking at the center of government would their best chance of taking out a society because the center of any and all counter-defense efforts would be led from the Capital Building or the center of government.

Could it be that the reason why there is a large spire on the Captial Building is really meant to create a brilliant light that would be seen by an alien fleet to draw such a fleet into a central area where a counter-attack could be launched more successfully against the invaders?

With the invention of sophisticated guidance systems the lighting on top of tall and prominent buildings has to have a deeper meaning or use.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Or... it could be that these government buildings were designed as a throwback to the past governments of the world... let's say... the Roman, British and Greek empires. I am not so sure they were designed in order to be seen by alien fleets. Interesting theory though.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Maybe the lights ontop are usually for aircraft as most of said sort of buildings are tall? Thought i'd throw that conspiracy theory in

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't buy into all these 'Hollywood' style alien invasions, in any circumstance what-so-ever. These are just petty human characteristics!

ANY alien race who was advanced enough to travel the galaxy and beyond and travel to our planet with the aim of invading with intent on wiping out the entire human population wouldn't even need to use any troops, drones and physical weaponry of any kind.

Surely they'd have the ability to engineer a deadly chemical/virus-type weapon and drop it into our atmosphere, sit back for a while and watch us all die without any knowledge of their presence at all? Or perhaps re-align an asteroid on a collision path with Earth?

Only if they were coming to negotiate would they turn up in their vehicles, in my honest opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Off topic but, man this is kinda weird here, but your avi pic looks exactly like me in a black hoody and camo shorts.

Did you follow me on my trip to florida a coupe years ago just to get your avi pic?

Seriously though, that really looks exactly like me.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What dya reckon?
I noticed it right away...

Stargate like portal in the bell? at the tip of the inverted pentagram?
edit on 19-11-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dryson
That would take to long and would be met with extreme resistance.

Apparently you don't watch any movies with ufos and aliens. I imagine us fighting them, is like ants fighting humans.

If you don't agree with that, then you've got to agree in this:

Originally posted by Just Chris
I don't buy into all these 'Hollywood' style alien invasions, in any circumstance what-so-ever. These are just petty human characteristics!

ANY alien race who was advanced enough to travel the galaxy and beyond and travel to our planet with the aim of invading with intent on wiping out the entire human population wouldn't even need to use any troops, drones and physical weaponry of any kind.

Surely they'd have the ability to engineer a deadly chemical/virus-type weapon and drop it into our atmosphere, sit back for a while and watch us all die without any knowledge of their presence at all? Or perhaps re-align an asteroid on a collision path with Earth?

Only if they were coming to negotiate would they turn up in their vehicles, in my honest opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
does anyone here think that aliens able to travel between stars, are not advanced enought to completly wipe the human species out?...
our atomic weapons would be like a monkey picking up a rock and throwing it at a human...could the rock hit us and do some damage? yes.....would the human then fire an automatic weapon and blow the hell out of the monkey? yes.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdventureTime

Originally posted by Dryson
That would take to long and would be met with extreme resistance.

Apparently you don't watch any movies with ufos and aliens. I imagine us fighting them, is like ants fighting humans.

If you don't agree with that, then you've got to agree in this:

Originally posted by Just Chris

maybe this is why there are so many abuctions from around the world...the aliens are comparing DNA of all human tribes, and finding the best and most inclusive specific disease to eliminate us all with an worldwide atmospheric release, while still maintaining the rest of the plants and animals native to earth. no muss, no fuss.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dryson

[color=808080]Due to the fact that we have no proof of the existence of any extraterrestrial beings; and that if they do exist, they may never come here; and if they do come here, their objective may not be to destroy us; the following post is completely hypothetical.

Now with that being said....

Much of your reasoning contradicts itself.

• It would be pointless for a government to make an attempt of enforcing a strict no-light policy. Not everyone would abide. Not all lights have somebody hanging out by the light switch. If that was the goal, they would just shut the power down at the source. 'Brownout'

• If they were going to attack, why would the government want to light up the way, by guiding them directly towards the higher priority/more important locations?

• If an Alien race was going to attack, they would probably do a little bit of scouting first. It would be wise to learn about the targets, before allowing the targets to learn about your presence.

• Their sense of vision may be completely different from ours.

edit on 11/19/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:54 AM
    link   
    reply to post by jimmyx

Originally posted by jimmyx

does anyone here think that aliens able to travel between stars, are not advanced enought to completly wipe the human species out?...

Maybe they don't wanna?

You're automatically assuming that they would be like us humans, and just want to kill everything that they do not understand. If they had weaponry strong enough to destroy us entirely, they would have to bring it with them. Maybe they are nothing like us, and have no desire to create weapons of mass destruction.

reply to post by AdventureTime

Originally posted by AdventureTime

Did you know that most movies are actually works of fiction?

edit on 11/19/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:56 PM
    link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Maybe they don't wanna?

You're automatically assuming that they would be like us humans, and just want to kill everything that they do not understand. If they had weaponry strong enough to destroy us entirely, they would have to bring it with them. Maybe they are nothing like us, and have no desire to create weapons of mass destruction.

Point of contention here, but, there's plenty 'weapons' floating around int the Oort Cloud, Kuiper Belt, Asteroid belt and all over the solar system.
    Anyone/thing desirous of wiping out or, or at least crippling the human species sufficiently enough to be a non-threat would just need drop a rock or two or few, or how ever many on us.

We could actually do this ourselves as means to 'resolve' terrestrial political theater, and turf squabbling through the act of eliminating enemies of X through natural disaster by catapulting moon rocks onto them. Gravity and Newtonian physics do the rest while any long line of Astronomers could be paraded in front of cameras to attest to the validity of the naturalness of rocks from space.
    Middle East wiped out by act of God. yep.

Getting rocks drop on us, we likely wouldn't even know there were aliens doing it. Rocks fall from the sky. It's natural. It happens all the time; just not frequently enough or with large enough rocks to cause much of a stir.

I don't agree, or disagree with the proposition that aliens might be violent.
    Aliens might be like Galapagos Island animals that don't understand fear, caution, like animals everywhere else do.
    Aliens might not understand lots of things like individuality, self, ownership, property,
    They may know what violence is, but, don't understand or conceptualize it as something 'good', or 'bad'.
    Aliens may have zero concept of 'good', or 'bad'.
    They may very well think only in terms of necessity, and economy of necessity where whatever actions need be taken to realize the execution of an instruction or goal are the actions taken; no more, or less.

I suspect, IF there are aliens, anything and everything we ever imagined or thought aliens might be, will be as far off the mark as possible, and we'll find that aliens are indeed ALIEN such that we'll have a difficult time understanding their motivations, psychology, and even how to communicate in finding a common thread to grasp.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join