It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystical Energy from the 2012 Winter Solstice is beginning to Reach Us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GameKeeper

you cant comprehend it when you are stuck in 3d for eternity.. which is why ill always be looking down on you. at least you have someone to look up too though

OK, so you are wearing the emporer's new clothes. You actually are pretending that something is happening?

If there were some sort of energy then it would be possible to detect it. So far the only detection is people deluding themselves into thinking it is happening.

This reminds me of the n-rays story. Going back even further there was the case of mesmerism.

Just as in those cases there are the excuses as to why can "see" or "feel" something that rational people cannot detect. The n-rays had the discoverers saying that only French eyes were sensitive enough to see the evidence. Here the excuse is some meaningless hogwash about dimensions.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameKeeper
reply to post by stereologist

you cant comprehend it when you are stuck in 3d for eternity.. which is why ill always be looking down on you. at least you have someone to look up too though

Nice to see that mystic "enlightenment" comes with an oh so human helping of smugness.

Never fails.
True enlightenment comes from realizing that you are not better, nor any different to the "herd" and simply accepting that the life you have is worth living. Maybe then you can stop wasting it on delusions of grandeur.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Something IS happening, no one is pretending as your claiming. I guess if we went by your logic, nothing will change, nothing ever will, we always worked and payed taxes from the start of time.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

is a life of servitude worth living? Or you can just close your eyes and work for the dream of a lovely family, house and some kids. More fruit for this dynasties war machine.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

If there were some new energy then it could be detected by means other than "I sense it" or whatever people want to claim. It's a pretend situation.

Your taxes example is completely off the mark. It is possible to independently determine that taxes are paid. In the case of the new energy all there is are testimonials, the sort of thing used to sell crap on the shopping networks on TV.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There is no new stream of energy hitting the Earth. Nothing is coming from the center of the galaxy.

Why is this so hard to understand?

There may be weird magic in movies where unknown energies cause cell phones to become weapons, or weird energies that give humans super powers, but that is all comic book fantasy.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

It sounds like spiritual vanity. "i'm spiritual, you're not". When you start saying things like he said, about looking down on people, it means you're not as enlightened as you think you are. That's why I like buddhist proverbs. They laugh at themselves. Unlike New Agers.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sebHFX

I personally never got into new age stuff and I've been into Crowley, orgone theories and magnetism since I was a kid. It's just that whole " shift of consciousness" period we're in that bothers me, a lot of people make money out of it, and there's a lot of pollution on Youtube related to it. It's like the version of pop psychology. It's cheap.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sebHFX

Actually only Krishnamurti makes sense!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
reply to post by Noncompatible

is a life of servitude worth living? Or you can just close your eyes and work for the dream of a lovely family, house and some kids. More fruit for this dynasties war machine.

Don't be so culturally-bound oh young one.
A life of servitude is well worth living. It just depends on who you serve. If you don't serve yourself, then you have no business serving others.

How's that for a free lesson?

(of course, it necessarily goes deeper and beyond that word-bite, but the concept is 'look after your own house so that you have the means to look after others')...you know what that means? It's not about being selfish, it's about preparing the way so that you have the time and energy and means to do good elsewhere. It's no use trying if you are in a sorry state...

+1 for Krishnamurti. The little I have read of his is very, very good.

edit on 17-11-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
another one of these thread again.

I'm looking forward to my annual blow moment too.
Hope my partner feel it too, should be mind blowing.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, yeah for me too. Another year of me wanting to blow my brains out or disappear, maybe travel to the Moon or Mars! And I sure cannot enjoy eating meat the same way. When I was a kid I had this insight that led me to stop eating poultry. I didn't quite understand. Now I do. Poultry has extremely high levels of hormones. During the last five years or so, I've been slowly stopping eating meat. Don't know if I will fully stop because that's major in my diet but I'm reducing the meat. By the way, are you Scorpio?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Hmm, curious, after years of vegetarianism and veganism, I realised that I needed to eat meat. Honour it, respect it, but don't deny it.

I'm still alive, and feel fitter than ever.

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
What the hell. I hear people talking like this and think are they for real, do they actually feel some magic flow and certain times of the year or are the deluded. What the hell is going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Stuff Nonsense & Humankind's Delusional Self Declared Importance.

In the Great Grand Scheme of 'The Cosmos' not anything or anyone means a darned thing.

Are we a part of the whole?
Yes.
Are we more important than any other part of the whole?
No.

We are nothing more than one grain of sand sifting through the Hour-Glass of Existence.

Would the removal of one grain make a difference?
Yes.
But the difference would make no difference because that is the way things would then be and Existence would continue to continue on its merry way as it has from its long forgotten begining ever traveling towards its unfathomable end.

To simplify allow me to quote Doris Day -
"Que Sera, Sera".

Have a Nice Day.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I know the days are getting darker, the temperature is getting colder, and the weather is getting wetter. Get on with life already, and take up extra Vitamin C supplements. It's getting closer to winter so you don't want to catch a cold (ie. the mystical energy )

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Were mystical energy increasing in magnitude then would not the easiest way to prove it be attempting to cast a spell on camera and show it's result?

It's not the dark ages, most of that stuff is online or more likely on your hard drive already. I know its on mine.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Were mystical energy increasing in magnitude then would not the easiest way to prove it be attempting to cast a spell on camera and show it's result?

It's not the dark ages, most of that stuff is online or more likely on your hard drive already. I know its on mine.

Spells? Results? Proof? Pfft. This isn't something that can be objectively "proven", as I said earlier. Mystical "energy" can't be objectively formulated. It can't be captured. It's not about having the right formula for a spell, or having the right magic wand, or having socially acceptable beliefs. "Mystical energy" can't be detected by the mundane instrumentation of a skeptic. No matter how sensitive the instrumentation.

Mystical energy has gone by various names throughout world religion and myth...it's an ancient and universal common denominator. Mana, chi, shakti, magic, etc. Names don't matter. It's an archetype of the collective unconscious. It doesn't matter what you call it or how you symbolize it, as long as the name and symbol hve the power to activate the archetype in your psyche. A symbol that is dead to you or to a culture won't activate the archetype. And unless the archetype is activated in your psyche, all the spells and cameras in the world won't help you.

Sooner or later symbols and names lose the power to activate the archetypes of the collective unconscious. Then it's time for a paradigm shift.

edit on 18-11-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Spells? Results? Proof? Pfft. This isn't something that can be objectively "proven", as I said earlier. Mystical "energy" can't be objectively formulated. It can't be captured. It's not about having the right formula for a spell, or having the right magic wand, or having socially acceptable beliefs. "Mystical energy" can't be detected by the mundane instrumentation of a skeptic. No matter how sensitive the instrumentation.

Thanks for providing a good description of this delusion.

It can't be measured. It doesn't exist, but it can be felt by those inclined to delusion.

It's the nonexistent that people pretend to feel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join