It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas music already????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's not that I don't like Christmas music, but for crap sake, it's too early!

I've heard Christmas music on the radio a week ago already.
It used to be it started at Thanksgiving which in my opinion was too
early. Now it's starting the 2nd week of November and it's like
every other song!

I'd be ok with it maybe 2 weeks before Christmas ( one week even better!),
but this is ridiculous.

Grrrrr.......

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think that certian radio stations that are owned by large companies do this on purpose. It's to get people thinking about christmas and all the giftss they need to buy. Trying to get people to spend more earlier. I've been noticing that on rawlco radio stations (canada wide) they've been doing this for two weeks already. If I switch over to one of the local stations though I get the normal music that's on the rest of the year too.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Seems like it gets earlier every year.

They are just trying to get those 'spending' juices flowing. $$$

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In our neighborhood, the Halloween decorations were up and candy in all the stores on Sept 1st, followed by Christmas ads, decorations, music and tv commercials the week Prior to Halloween (Oct 31st).

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm just surprised it took this long really. We're usually pretty lucky to get past Halloween before the Christmas madness begins.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm putting my Christmas tree up tomorrow

Here, once Halloween and Guy Fawkes nights are out of the way, it's officially the start of Christmas, yay!

In fact, my mother's away right now on a Tinsel & Turkey weekend (a British Christmas must-do for anyone over the age of 60... don't ask...)

So yeah, bring on the decorating tomorrow with the customary Mrs Claus outfit, Christmas songs and a bottle of Port

edit on 16-11-2012 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I understand why stores start with the Christmas stuff early since they have stuff to sell, but
radio stations don't----unless companies pay the radio stations to play the xmas music, or there's
a deal between the companies and radio stations for xmas sales.

Either way, it sucks. I can stay out of the stores to avoid being bombarded by xmas stuff,
but I gotta have my music! Guess I'll bring out the old cd's.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I only have one thing to say.

YAY!!!!!!!

I love Christmas music

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So not to offend the X-mas music lovers out there, can we at least have a music quality threshold for the season?

If we simply must extend a one day holiday to an entire fiscal quarter, I understand the music machine must dig deep to avoid repetitiveness. If we just heard the couple of dozen good ones over and over we would have shoppers going homicidal to Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas' by mid November.

But who finds some of these rare holiday 'classics'? I heard one yesterday done to Broadway music and digital samples of old stage stars belting out the most obnoxious holiday cheer you would not subject POW's to. I was losing the will to exists right there in the cereal isle at Walmart.

....next time I might just not make it....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Last week the people down the street were blowing up those god awful humongous lawn Christmas decorations!!! Ugh they are the worst!!! Now I have to look at them for almost 3 months!!!

Yes i was listening to a freaken Christmas song on the way to work...So annoying!!

Just let us enjoy thanksgiving before ya start shoving Christmas down our throats!!

top topics

join