It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you "going to do" while in Heaven*

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I was pondering religious elements of religion, and decided to pose a simple question here.

To the people who subscribe to a religion and believe in any type of Heaven:

A What are you planning on doing in Heaven, forever?

B Let's say Jill, a mother who did good things and is in Heaven, wants to see her son, John, a bad person who is in hell. Is Jill allowed to see John? What does this meeting take place? Is it like visiting someone in Prison?
If you don't believe in Hell, than the question would be; Does Jill even get to see her son John?

C Is morality still needed in Heaven? Are you allowed to have slaves in Heaven?

D In Heaven, am I able to look at the history of this Universe? Where would this Theater be in Heaven? Do I have to share it with others?

Looking forward to interesting responses. Keep it civil.

* - (Assuming Heaven exists)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

What are you planning on doing in Heaven, forever?

Why heavenly things of course!

I've never thought abut that. Considering I don't know what I will be doing from day to day on earth, I have absolutely no idea.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

Be bored as hell, pun intended...

Ya...the idea of spending eternity with locals who have no genitalia and sing opera all day makes me want to

Great question...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

When I go to heaven I will prolly take the grand tour find a planet with primitives and speed up their evolution.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Worship our Father who art in heaven.
Listen to hours and hours of incessant angelic choruses.
Contemplate my navel.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is something I thought about in the past, that an eternity in heaven sounds kind of hellish when you think about it unless time feels differently there.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
me?i,ll be doing nothing cause i don,t believe in heaven or hell,when the lights are switched off then thats it.....like when u go to sleep at night and have no dream, u wake up to memorys of nothing.....same when ur dead.....its over

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Heaven and Hell are here on Earth, it's your choice! Create what you can or fulfill your pleasures here....

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Some want 30 virgins for eternity

Some want to bow down & sing songs for eternity

Some want football & cigars

Personally I think the things you can do in heaven are unlimited, the above are inventions of un-creative people, I will be doing creative things, maybe write a symphony, maybe view the universe from the perspective a mortal cannot, maybe invent a million things, maybe communicate with a million civilizations, the possibilities are limitless

As for hell, the possibilities are limited, hell is a painful state of mind, a place full of regret, but also a place with a ceiling, I do not believe heaven has a ceiling.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am going to fly a golden fighter jet that shoots German Sausages around my dogs yard.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'll be drinking and smoking to excess!.......the booze and fags can't kill me twice!..........can it

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

that sounds fun.

i'm going to skydive onto many planets without a parachute and then play the most epic game of 0G paintball ever.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

I was pondering religious elements of religion, and decided to pose a simple question here. To the people who subscribe to a religion and believe in any type of Heaven:

I'm going with the Borges quote:

I have always imagined heaven as a kind of library

I imagine that all knowledge would be open to you and that your mind would have no trouble understanding advanced concepts. It would be like a great fog lifted from your brain so that you could understand everything. I also suspect there would be no limitations on where you could go or who you could see, no violence of any kind, no real "work" required. Just imagine having access to a vast library where nothing became overdue. Plus a vast University where all the courses were free and you understood everything the professors said. And people ask what one would do? Unfathomable!

B Let's say Jill, a mother who did good things and is in Heaven, wants to see her son, John, a bad person who is in hell. Is Jill allowed to see John? What does this meeting take place? Is it like visiting someone in Prison? If you don't believe in Hell, than the question would be; Does Jill even get to see her son John?

Sure. The concept of punishment does not exist. "At-ONE-ment" does. John would be fully aware of what he had done wrong, and there is a possibity he has done nothing wrong, but only from an Earthly perspective was he condemned.

C Is morality still needed in Heaven? Are you allowed to have slaves in Heaven?

I would guess there still exists a moral code, though it might be a lot different than we imagine here. I doubt "slaves" are part of the program. It is a place where we are all truly equal. There would be no need for slaves because there is extra work that needs to be done by them.

D In Heaven, am I able to look at the history of this Universe? Where would this Theater be in Heaven? Do I have to share it with others?

I suspect so. Some call it the Akashic Records which have a reecord of everything, literally. It would be open to everyone, so yes, you would share it. There would be no reason not to. "Where" it is really has little meaning. "Where" is Heaven? We can't even answer that.
edit on 11/15/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/15/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Hmmm Assuming you are referring to the bible definition ....

We do lots of stuff in " heaven " . We send rockets there all the time as well as place satellites in " heaven " to assist us here on Earth with our day to day activities .

Having said that , I have the feeling that you are implying some other meaning into the biblical definition of Heaven?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
But seriously....

If heaven is real, I will have lots of catching up to do with my best friend who has been there (possibly) since 22 November 2009.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If there is a heaven and hell... throw in purgatory if you wish and I look around and all the ones in my life I love are not there, shady or otherwise, then it really isn't heaven then isn't it?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

With so much time I'm going to learn everything there is to know and, well, I'll become a god.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Before I go to Heaven, I want to visit Hell and, besides getting my butt kicked for all the crap I pulled when I was younger, say hi to all my buds who beat me down to that place.

After my stint in the lava lake, then I'd like to get reborn back on some nice planet somewhere and try to live a life without forgetting what a lousy place Hell was.

If I ever DO get to Heaven and I find out that it's empty and boring there, then there's gonna be Hell to pay.

Seriously.

No way am I going to be satisfied sitting on some fluffy cloud, strumming a lyre I have no idea how to play and looking at the mortal, living beings in the universe having fun doing what mortals do. I can't imagine how sour I'd get.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

"Where" it is really has little meaning. "Where" is Heaven? We can't even answer that.

The Holy Bible says Heaven is on Earth. I'm just saying.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Dunno, but if they tell me there really is such a thing as reincarnation and that I have to come back here, I'll chain myself to the gate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join